Author Topic: Kathie Lake  (Read 1534 times)

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Remember, always keep both hands on your rod!
Kathie Lake
« on: Dec 13, 2009, 02:25 PM »
Left at 9:00am to go to the lake got onto the lake at 10:30am. In the first 45 min. I caught 11 fish both brookies and rainbows just to show you how fast paced it was. By the end of the day both of us caught 53 fish. Caught quite of few with no bait. Used a package of shrimp and half package of worm. Weather was not to bad, was snowing a little then the sun came out and temperature went down. Stayed in the shanty for most of the day with heater on. The trail in was packed down with a snowmobile and the lake had about 4-5 inches of snow with 10-12 inches of ice. We left the lake at 4:10pm and when we got to the snowmobile and quad the quad refused to start as it was to cold. I stayed with the quad and put the shanty over it and put the heater under it to warm it up. My buddy went to the truck to get the booster cables to boost the quad as the battery was ran down from cranking it. By the time we got the quad running, packed and got home it was 7:00pm. Oh by the way only got 1 pic as it was way too cold. This was the biggest fish of the day.

I'm hoping the next lake will be a laker lake. ;)
 :tipup: :icefish:

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Re: Kathie Lake
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13, 2009, 05:06 PM »
I always find those brookies from there taste like a wet dish cloth flavored oatmeal....How did they taste to you. Hope the bow tasted better. Love that lake to take kids to....you a take your lure and jig it up your ice hole and the fish will follow your lure up till its nose comes out of the water. Some will even jump at your lure if its a couple inches out of water ::)

Do you run synthetic oil (0W-40) in your quad? Makes starting alot easier. Although yesterday it got cold fast.
Great times....Thx for posting. Nice bow. :thumbsup:

Offline pgfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • pg fishin
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2009, 05:17 PM »
i want to get to Kathie so bad! is the trail ok for quads or do you have tracks on? i need a little skidoo jsut to get around cuz i tried hiking in there last year and it was a long haul. The size of the fish doesn't matter when your catching that many of them

Offline Bill Dance

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Remember, always keep both hands on your rod!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2009, 07:10 PM »
I always find those brookies from there taste like a wet dish cloth flavored oatmeal....How did they taste to you. Hope the bow tasted better. Love that lake to take kids to....you a take your lure and jig it up your ice hole and the fish will follow your lure up till its nose comes out of the water. Some will even jump at your lure if its a couple inches out of water ::)

Do you run synthetic oil (0W-40) in your quad? Makes starting alot easier. Although yesterday it got cold fast.
Great times....Thx for posting. Nice bow. :thumbsup:
We kept 2 brookies each enough for a meal. I'll let you know how they taste as I'll be eating them tomorrow. My buddy Darren just changed the oil and put what was supposed to be in it. In my 2001 Honda I'm not allowed to put synthetic in it because it has a wet clutch and would make the tranny slip. In Darren's 2008 Honda it actually has a hydrostatic transmission so I'm not sure about it.

i want to get to Kathie so bad! is the trail ok for quads or do you have tracks on? i need a little skidoo jsut to get around cuz i tried hiking in there last year and it was a long haul. The size of the fish doesn't matter when your catching that many of them

There's no motorized vehicles in the park so that's why we went in the back way until you hit the park boundary and walked the rest of the way. I quadded in on this quad.

Offline pgfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • pg fishin
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2009, 11:29 PM »
Ahhh yes the quad that is more or less a tank haha my quad wont get in there! yeah im pretty sure I  know how to get in there the back way but its a long hike in snow shoes. I hiked in snow shoes from the front but stopped at bow so i'd get some fishing time in, you can get suprised by some decent brookies in there too

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.