The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: ice around sheridan  (Read 929 times)

Offline BIG WEST

• Team IceShanty Regular
ice around sheridan
« on: Dec 06, 2009, 10:31 AM »
hey guys anyone checked out healy or the small pond next to the interstate in buffalo

Offline pokefan1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ice around sheridan
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2009, 11:59 AM »
Both of those ponds are ice capped. Was just by there half an hour ago but nobody on either one, with all this wind I cant blame them!

The other small ponds in the area had 3-5 inches on them 3 days ago so all should be good by now with all the cold weather we have had. I plan on hitting a local perch pond on Teusday and then to Boysen Wednesday...PF1

Keep calm and return fire...

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2009, 02:47 PM »
Both of those ponds are ice capped. Was just by there half an hour ago but nobody on either one, with all this wind I cant blame them!

The other small ponds in the area had 3-5 inches on them 3 days ago so all should be good by now with all the cold weather we have had. I plan on hitting a local perch pond on Teusday and then to Boysen Wednesday...PF1
do you hit boysen for the day or stay locally? A friend and I went for two days last year and stayed at a local hotel, kinda pricey. I thought you might have a local place to recommend?

Offline pokefan1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2009, 07:05 PM »
If i go for more than 1 night I take my camper..otherwise I sleep in the cab of the truck for the night. Most of the night I am in the shanty jigging and checking tip-ups anyways. The long weekends it is nice to have the camper and the room to strecht out!

I have stayed at the local motel in Shoshoni before and it is kinda spendy unless you get enough peolpe. PF1

Keep calm and return fire...

Offline Wyohomeboy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07, 2009, 09:31 AM »
I've found the motels in Thermop to be much less expensive, more pet friendly, and more welcoming than the one in Shoshoni - not a bad option, depending on where your fishing.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 07, 2009, 06:41 PM »
I've found the motels in Thermop to be much less expensive, more pet friendly, and more welcoming than the one in Shoshoni - not a bad option, depending on where your fishing.
Thanks for the advice! Might try an overnighter in the truck and see how it goes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.