The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Bait Shops  (Read 1811 times)

Offline JimmyJr

• IceShanty Rookie
Bait Shops
« on: Dec 05, 2009, 11:11 PM »
Anyone have any suggestions on some good baitshops in the greater Grand Rapids area?  I saw a place in Grandville on 28th St the other day...i think it was called Grandville Live Bait.  Thought about stopping in, but I didn't have time...

The greatest pleasure in life is doing those things which people say you can not do.

Offline chadbob

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Bait Shops
« Reply #1 on: Dec 05, 2009, 11:27 PM »
Al and Bobs
WHY ARE US MICHIGAN GUYS STILL ON THIS SITE, WE KNOW WHERE THE REAL INFORMATION IS

Offline C P

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hold my beer and watch this
« Reply #2 on: Dec 05, 2009, 11:52 PM »
Al & Bobs is the s$%&# !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I caught a fish once! 

TEAM MITTEN

"EDITED"

Offline crosscobra

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Give em the beans
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2009, 05:10 AM »
grandville is ok on bait everything ilse is over prices, AL and bpbs does carry anything but fat heads last year as far as spec minnows go,  Ganders bait is expesive!!!
"Huddle round the shanty momma, Put a good buzz on!"

Offline Fishing-Freak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2009, 08:05 AM »
What we need is bait shop open on sundays around GR. Gillets by gun lake isnt to bad.

Offline skunkmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2009, 08:53 PM »
No bait stores around here open before daylight.  I'm sure they realize they are missing out on a lot of business.

Offline C P

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hold my beer and watch this
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2009, 10:31 PM »
No bait stores around here open before daylight.  I'm sure they realize they are missing out on a lot of business.

Brenners over here in Comstock Park is. Its not very big but they have a good selection of terminal tackle and there live bait is always in great condition. I try and get my bait there. Gotta support the locals!
I caught a fish once! 

TEAM MITTEN

"EDITED"

Offline crosscobra

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Give em the beans
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2009, 09:03 PM »
Brenners over here in Comstock Park is. Its not very big but they have a good selection of terminal tackle and there live bait is always in great condition. I try and get my bait there. Gotta support the locals!
yes sir and they give no BS reports
"Huddle round the shanty momma, Put a good buzz on!"

Offline Mr. Skunked

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 07, 2009, 11:15 PM »
True Value Hardware in Wayland always has good looking shiners during the winter months.
stay away from outdoor fanatics on m-40 north of allegan.

Offline bradh86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 07, 2009, 11:30 PM »
True Value Hardware in Wayland always has good looking shiners during the winter months.

The owner is the joke of a out doors persons i ever met. rip off

Offline Mr. Skunked

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Dec 07, 2009, 11:44 PM »

The owner is the joke of a out doors persons i ever met. rip off
He got mad at me one day when I did not buy a certain lure that he reccomended.
a few exchanges of words and he picked up his phone and said he was going to call 911
because i said the f-word to him. Ive seen this guy swear like a sailor with young kids in the store.

Offline Fishing-Freak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Dec 08, 2009, 10:46 AM »

Mr.Skunked are they open on sundays? I didnt know they sold bait. Thanks for heads up,so you are from, Burnips nice to know i am not only guy from around that area on here i actauly live out by sandy pines. Nice to meet you!!

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #12 on: Dec 08, 2009, 11:36 AM »
yes there open on sun thats where i get my bait also.i live by sandy pines also

Offline GoBlue2255

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 08, 2009, 11:57 AM »
The Grandville bait shop is where I go most often but is out of my way usually.  I forgot about the place in Comstock Park is it the one right on West River dr your talking about?  I am thinking of ordering some waxies and spikes online in the next week or so and even if half die off I will still come out ahead between gas and prices at bait stores. 
[IMG]]

Offline Mr. Skunked

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 08, 2009, 12:33 PM »

Mr.Skunked are they open on sundays? I didnt know they sold bait. Thanks for heads up,so you are from, Burnips nice to know i am not only guy from around that area on here i actauly live out by sandy pines. Nice to meet you!!
i called them and they are open 10-4. not the best for morning but purfect time for the night bite.
I might have the name wrong to. it might be Do It Best Hardware next to hardings grocery (across the street)
phone number    269 792 2801

Offline Fishing-Freak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Dec 08, 2009, 03:58 PM »
cool thanks guys. dr speck whats up Neighbor do you ever fish sandy pines i used to when i was a kid before they put up the fence. just wondering if it was any good cause i might be able to get out there this year

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #16 on: Dec 08, 2009, 04:27 PM »
cool thanks guys. dr speck whats up Neighbor do you ever fish sandy pines i used to when i was a kid before they put up the fence. just wondering if it was any good cause i might be able to get out there this year
i fished it about 10 years ago before the fence thing to.i used to throw my boat in on the small side and go thru the old smaller tube.im sure its a nice fishery still its all locked up nowadays. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.