New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Thinking ahead- Swap a fishing day.  (Read 334 times)

Offline ICE DOG 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
Thinking ahead- Swap a fishing day.
« on: Dec 05, 2009, 08:53 AM »
I have done this a few times and it works really well as long as everyone does there part.

This is what I am offering:  I will take someone (if you need or want to bring a friend that's OK) Ice Fishing on the St. Lawrence near Massena NY.  We would be fishing for Pike (with tip-ups) and while doing that we would be jigging for BIG perch.  The occasional Walleye and Musky are caught while fishing this area (however we will not be targeting them, they are not caught frequently enough to actually target them) .

What I would do is help the person out by finding a Hotel/Motel room phone number (a place as close to fishing as possible)  .
I would then meet up with the person and fish with them for the day in the area.  Now if the person wants to stay and fish another day that's up to them (they will already know the area now) however the fishing committment will be 1 day.

The person coming up to fish is responsible for all there travel-equipment and paying there share of bait- stuff like that.

In return I would like that same person to take me to a lake after Walleye.  I would want the drive to be no more then 4 hrs.  Also the person would need to get me a phone number of a hotel/motel as close to fishing as possible.  I am in Law Enforcement so I would appreciate it if things were kept on the up and up.  I don't mind a brew on the Ice like everyone else but thats where the line is ::)

Doing this is a good way to fish new areas and if you enjoy yourself you can always do a yearly Ice fishing trip.

If you are interested contact me via personal message.     :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.