Author Topic: You guys are lucky  (Read 1182 times)

Offline slimer

• IceShanty Rookie
You guys are lucky
« on: Dec 03, 2009, 02:37 PM »
I was in Huron last week, and man oh man, talk about selection and prices at Runnings.  I'm from the Denver area and even though we have had safe ice in spots at higher elevations for 3 weeks now, our local stores don't have 1/10 the crap that Runnings in Huron had (they're about a month behind).  I loaded up.  Your local economy got a boost thanks to my visit.  :)   

Hope to be back up in that area to ice in February.   Does Oahe freeze solid?

Robert

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
Re: You guys are lucky
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2009, 03:26 PM »
Call Dakota Mart in Pierre SD. They know everything about the river. I don't want to give an unsafe answer. Thanks for helping our economy! :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: You guys are lucky
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2009, 05:28 PM »
I was in Huron last week, and man oh man, talk about selection and prices at Runnings.  I'm from the Denver area and even though we have had safe ice in spots at higher elevations for 3 weeks now, our local stores don't have 1/10 the crap that Runnings in Huron had (they're about a month behind).  I loaded up.  Your local economy got a boost thanks to my visit.  :)  

Hope to be back up in that area to ice in February.   Does Oahe freeze solid?

Robert
I know how lucky I am. I moved here from Greeley. ;D  Oahe freezes solid, but it depends on how cold it has been and ya have to be careful as the current affects the thickness of the ice. I have been sitting on 18" of good ice and a guy on a snowmobile went through the ice about 100 feet from me.  :woot: I have never driven across the Oahe in my pickup, but will do it with my ATV. It is always a good idea to talk to the local baitshop folks.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.