Author Topic: Little Help  (Read 1180 times)

Offline jbscrazies

• Team IceShanty Regular
Little Help
« on: Dec 03, 2009, 08:22 AM »
Was hoping a fellow iceshanty member could maybe help me out with a little bit of general information.  I'll be in Hartford County sometime in January on a business trip and was contemplating bringing my ice fishing stuff with me.  I'm from PA so I know nothing about CT hardwater lakes.  Can anyone tell me a lake or two in this region that are decent for panfish/walleye?  I did a little bit of looking through the Reports and Conditions archive and didn't see any Hartford Cty lakes.  Any info would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance. ;D

Offline spanky1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Little Help
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2009, 08:45 AM »
As the time approaches I'm sure we'll be able to help you out.

Ct Outfitters is just south of Hartford and they'll be able to help with the most up to date info.
Don't give up, don't EVER give up - Jimmy V

Offline saxmatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2009, 09:14 AM »
The ct river coves can be good for panfish, and you can catch walleye once in a blue moon. Don't go expecting to get walleye, but you can get bass, pike, catfish, bowfin, stripers, and pretty much everything else that swims in CT waters. If you want to target walleye the closest lake is Coventry Lake. It's less than 20 minutes away and has great action for perch and walleye. Most of the walleye are small, 14-18", but there are some bigger ones in there. If you want to go to one of the lakes that produce bigger fish you'll have to drive a lot further.

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2009, 10:38 AM »
  Can anyone tell me a lake or two in this region that are decent for panfish/walleye?  I did a little bit of looking through the Reports and Conditions archive and didn't see any Hartford Cty lakes. 

We have it pretty good around here. There are walleye within a 25 minute ride of Hartford, not big fish but enough action to keep you interested. The CT river which splits the state in 1/2 runs right through Hartford. There are numerous coves that are LOADED with panfish and pike. It is not uncommon to see perch to 14", crappie to 16 and many pike in the mid to upper 30" range. Around here we are allowed 6 lines, most guys will put some tip ups out and jig the area. Jigging for pike is slow at best but the panfish can be very cooperative. I'd be glad to point you in the right direction when you nail down a date, if I'm not working at a show I might even be able to show you around a bit... Stay in touch!

Offline jss111678

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2009, 03:19 PM »
what town or part of hartford county you gonna be in that would help for use to help find a spot.

Offline Gasman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2009, 06:43 PM »
what town or part of hartford county you gonna be in that would help for use to help find a spot.

click on Ct Outfitters at top of page then click on shop  then directions  then you can do a mapquest from that page   give you an idea of location

Offline jss111678

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2009, 09:46 PM »
i know where ctoutfitters is. i was asking the person that posted this where he would be.

Offline jbscrazies

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2009, 08:32 AM »
Avon

Offline Gasman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 05, 2009, 09:06 AM »
i know where ctoutfitters is. i was asking the person that posted this where he would be.

Sorry Jss that was ment for Jbscrazies   hit the wrong reply

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.