Author Topic: New boots  (Read 1439 times)

Offline dcso3009

• Team IceShanty Addict
New boots
« on: Nov 16, 2009, 06:55 AM »
I finally replaced my old boots this year.  For the last 15 years I wore Rocky SnowStalker Extremes.  They where an awesome boot.  Always very warm and waterproof.  Last year they started loosing their warmth.  Looking closer the liners where shot.  No replacement liners available and out of production now so I had to get different ones.  I went with the Irish Setter SnowClaw XT.  2K grams of thinsulate, and look to be good and waterproof.  I hope the live up to the hype.  The reviews seem to be good.  I will be wearing them all next week for deer hunting, and then the week after that for ML season.

I'll report back with my findings.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: New boots
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2009, 06:25 PM »
I have an Irish Setter 600 grms hunting boot and I really like the shoe feel and light weight of it.  I too have been eyeing the SnowClaws.  I still have my old 2k grms Lacrosse PFT but they're just too big and heavy to be pulling the sled around.

Looking forward to your review.  Thanks in advance.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline shadfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23, 2009, 10:57 AM »
I'm looking to get a warm light boot this winter. I want to spend around a $100. Any recommendations

Offline tarbot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23, 2009, 02:35 PM »
I'm looking to get a warm light boot this winter. I want to spend around a $100. Any recommendations

Muck Boots Arctic Sport....Light, 100% waterproof, very warm!
I have a pair and love them.

Offline dcso3009

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2009, 07:13 PM »
Well after a week in the cold the boots did well.  I can't call them great because my feet where cold on opening day... but then again I did stay in the stand from 6:00am to 5:00pm.  That's right all day at 30 feet.  Too bad I didn't see more.  Back to the boot review- They are completely water-proof.  I tested that on a daily basis.  Very comfortable and light weight.  I'd buy them again.

Rocky Blizzard stalkers for that budget.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.