Author Topic: Gloves!  (Read 1941 times)

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
Gloves!
« on: Nov 14, 2009, 08:09 PM »
I finnaly got the gloves I need. I purchased the IceArmor extreme weather gloves.I have a pair of the regular ice armor glove and love them but I wore out them out by the thumb. So last week I tried a pair of the extremes on and they were very comfortable. I thought about them all week. I tried on a pair of large like i always were and they fit great. Then for the heck of it I tried on a XL. I found that they fit very nice with the fabric not as compressed, that means I stay warmer. I got the XL ones. They even have a zipper pocket on the back for a hand warmer. They were 39.99 and I held them against a comparable Gander Mountain glove that was 89.99 and wasn't near the quality.

I love the last line on the specs tag.

Offline ice 45

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Gloves!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 14, 2009, 08:13 PM »
Thats funny

"The temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed."

Offline perchpunk22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 14, 2009, 08:16 PM »
They specialize in this kind of stuff... Thinking about the true ice fisherman ;D ;D ;D
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2009, 08:21 PM »
I have a pair and love them, Very warm. :icefish:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Nov 14, 2009, 08:32 PM »
Wiping your nose on your sleeve is not only accepted but encouraged in the world of icefishing. :)

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 14, 2009, 08:37 PM »
Wiping your nose on your sleeve is not only accepted but encouraged in the world of icefishing. :)
Now it's endorced!

Offline fin-n-feather

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Shanty rocks!!!
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2009, 10:59 PM »
Saw the gloves at Scheels this last Wednesday but was hesitant on spending $40 bucks.  I think I might have to go take another look at them.  I did'nt notice the nose wiping credential and that could change my whole decision.  ;D ;D ;D Fin

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 15, 2009, 04:16 PM »
i need those gloves!!! Lmao

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
« Reply #8 on: Nov 15, 2009, 04:21 PM »
Not the first to tout the nose-wiping advantage. I have an old (12 years or so) pair of Burton Snowboard Mittens that not only have an advertised "snot wiping capability" but a windshield(goggle) wiper on the thumb. I still use em to pull my gear out then switch to ragwool fingerless gloves  for  fishing.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #9 on: Nov 15, 2009, 05:15 PM »
I've always used the military wool insert gloves, love them. I own several pairs and change them out often, if they get too wet. I only wear gloves occasionally while ice fishing anyway, if I bought the hi-tech, bulkier types I wear them even less.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 01, 2009, 04:06 PM »
SnoSuit also has that special little feature built into their gloves...

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2009, 08:15 AM »
Check out OR gloves (Outdoor Research). You can find them under Campmor or their site directly.

I like them cause the shells are waterproof and have a removable liners that don't invert while taking your hands in and out of them (when damp or wet). Good for drying too.
There are a ton of different styles too. I prefer the gloves vs. the mitts myself. I have several different style pairs in my dry bag.

Funny thing though, I generally use Kinko's insulated gloves as I tend to beat the Sh!t outta them every year. Only good for 1 year but cheap.

JIGGIN.

Offline Colli2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Dec 06, 2009, 07:02 AM »

Even better if you wipe your nose on your buddies sleve . . . but that is only accepted practice in Mass.

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
« Reply #13 on: Dec 06, 2009, 08:52 AM »
Couldn't you just duct tape one of those cotton cigarettes to your sleeve?

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.