Author Topic: Pac boots  (Read 3082 times)

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
Pac boots
« on: Nov 09, 2009, 11:34 PM »
I am currently in the market for a new set of Pac Boots for my 15 year old. I have to stay below $100 because he'll probably outgrow them by next year. He tends to get cold quick and requires a good warm boot, he outgrew his Sorel boots that were rated to -60 f. I got a good off season deal on them two summers ago. I have done some research on Kamik and Baffin but most of the guys i fish with wear Sorel, so i don't have any testimonials. Any info on the boots you have worn, or any leads on a good boot at a good price would be appreciated.

:tipup: Steve  :tipup:
👮👮👮

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
Re: Pac boots
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2009, 11:41 PM »
try the knee high muck boots by the muck boot company.   I know they are not pac boots but they are 100% water proof to the very top ( just below the knee) and they come in two different temp ratings and a few different colors.  I have had t pair in the pasr five years and still use both pairs.  I use the regular warmth ones and have never had a problem with warmth ( actually i have taken them off to cool the feet a time or two)  My buddies have the arctic weight ones and they like theirs also.  they like two watch tip-ups so they are stationary alot. 

both pairs should be around 100 or less 

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline perchpunk22

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2009, 11:42 PM »
I have a pair of La Crosse pack boots and I used to swear by them until I discovered Danner. Then last year I got smart and used my mountain climbing boots that I use for working on a Ski jump.  They are very warm and they have excellent grip on the ice.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2009, 12:07 AM »
LaCrosse Ice Man
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline Curley

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2009, 05:15 AM »
I wear a pair of Field and Stream boots I got at Dicks. 100 grams of thinsulate ultra. They are also water proof. I like them, light weight and warm. Never had an issue with wet feet, but haven't fished in slush in a while.

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #5 on: Nov 10, 2009, 06:34 AM »
baffin boots are good i use to have a pair think i paid $120 they were rated for
-50 and were water proof but after a while of being in deep slush they did get damp, i have since swtched to rocky boots and i love them a little more pricey though you could also check cabelas brand boots my bro has inferno boots and he loves them i think they were around $100

Offline bootsnthejeep

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Nov 10, 2009, 06:48 AM »
I'll second the Muck Arctic Sports, I've never had such a warm pair of boots.

Well, besides my Air Force Mukluks, but those certainly aren't waterproof.

Whatever he gets, if you don't have on already, invest in a boot dryer. Worth every penny to put on fresh, dry, PRE WARMED boots in the morning!

Offline northwestslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • gone and fishin
« Reply #7 on: Nov 10, 2009, 07:10 AM »
check out the n.e.o.s. explorer stabilicer overshoe from ems. yeah I know its a hundred bucks but it's an over boot .waterproof , crazy warm, has ice picks,and can be a size too big to get through the next season.....

Offline Tainterslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 10, 2009, 07:30 AM »

Offline jkoegel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 10, 2009, 09:48 AM »
X2 on those Field and stream pack boots from Dicks!
 I bought mine last year on sale for 45 bucks. Mine have 1200grams of thinsulate and my feet have never been cold or wet. Either fishing or sitting in my treestand all morning at 5deg. For a kid who's only going to get 1, maybe 2 seasons out of em Its a good buy in my book.

Offline frostbittin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 10, 2009, 01:30 PM »
lacrosse ice kings are $100, i bought them at gander mountain about this time last year on sale for the $70-80 area. couldn't be happier with them, they are not super-stiff either which makes them comfortable to walk in and sit in.

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #11 on: Nov 10, 2009, 01:51 PM »

Offline jmh58

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 10, 2009, 03:32 PM »
check out the n.e.o.s. explorer stabilicer overshoe from ems. yeah I know its a hundred bucks but it's an over boot .waterproof , crazy warm, has ice picks,and can be a size too big to get through the next season.....
Web site?? Where to purchase?? Thanks..John ;D
A great rabbit chase ends with a BANG!!  Lookee there....I got a bite!!

Offline HARDasICE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Nov 10, 2009, 04:49 PM »
neos on sale at

sportsmansguide.com

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #14 on: Nov 12, 2009, 12:27 AM »
Wolfpak these boots will cost you over $100.00 when shipping charge and tax are included but I recommend Cabelas Polar Cap pac boots. They are rated to minus 100. If the price has not increased they are $100.00 dollars before shipping and any tax.
    I wore these boots in minus ten degree weather with the following sock combination (Wigwam coolmax liner sock and Wigwam 40 below sock) and had no problem with cold feet. If you throw in the wind chill that day it was around twenty below zero. I was on the ice for six hours.

Steve

Offline needice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 12, 2009, 07:31 AM »
I am currently in the market for a new set of Pac Boots for my 15 year old. I have to stay below $100 because he'll probably outgrow them by next year. He tends to get cold quick and requires a good warm boot, he outgrew his Sorel boots that were rated to -60 f. I got a good off season deal on them two summers ago. I have done some research on Kamik and Baffin but most of the guys i fish with wear Sorel, so i don't have any testimonials. Any info on the boots you have worn, or any leads on a good boot at a good price would be appreciated.

:tipup: Steve  :tipup:

I am looking at the sportsman guide hunting sale catalog right now.They have a set of their guide gear pac boots with 2000 grams thinsulate ultra,1400 in the foot,600 gram removable liner,waterproof for $69.97.They look like big old warm bombers ;DI am thinking of getting a pair to try myself.I have never tried there boots so I can tell you how good they are,but the price sure seems right.

Offline rayfrommaine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 12, 2009, 07:41 AM »
I have a pair of Baffin boots from sportsmansguide.com.  Paid about $40.  I have no complaints about them.  Very warm and dry.

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
« Reply #17 on: Nov 12, 2009, 11:19 AM »
So... I went with the Guide Gear boots from Sportsman guide for 69 bucks. They have a ton of insulation and you can't beat the price. Thanks to all who gave their input and may the fish fill your bucket this season.  :tipup:
👮👮👮

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #18 on: Nov 12, 2009, 11:24 AM »
I have a pair of Baffin boots from sportsmansguide.com.  Paid about $40.  I have no complaints about them.  Very warm and dry.

go with the Baffins. he is fifteen and won't grow much more. Order them one size bigger anyway and his feet will fit them nice. I use the Impacts but they do make less expensive ones.
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.