Author Topic: Restrictions on Shantys?  (Read 1356 times)

Offline ArcticWilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
Restrictions on Shantys?
« on: Oct 28, 2009, 07:35 AM »
Does anyone know if there are any sort of rules on lakes about having a permanent shanty?
Want to build a little shanty and leave it out on a lake for the season, never done it before thought it might be a nice change over the tent all the time..... I figure as long as a guy gets it off the ice before spring there sould not be a problem but dont want to spend the time or money if there are other rules or restrictions.... can someone enlighten me?

Offline CMMahy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Restrictions on Shantys?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2009, 08:18 AM »
Some lakes (like Gull) have certain dates you can't have your hut on before, and must be off before, but I think that's about it. I haven't looked into it too much yet, my plans for a hardside got put on hold until next season, but it seems pretty relaxed. Good luck!
A bad day of fishing beats anything else I'd be doing today.....

Offline Marlin07

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • They were here yesterday...
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2009, 11:10 AM »
I left mine out on Gull all last year, had a blast in it. I think there are certian dates that you have to have it off by but they are pretty liberal. Slave is full of hardsides in the winter as well. The only thing I think is required is a name and phone number on the outside of the shack. Good luck this season, if you guys are out at Gull my shack is the white one white the Jiffy stacker on the door. Pictures of  it are in the iceshack section under the thred "got a new hardside today". Stop by for a cool one of your out there!

Offline tchow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2009, 09:32 PM »
I left mine out on Gull all last year, had a blast in it. I think there are certian dates that you have to have it off by but they are pretty liberal. Slave is full of hardsides in the winter as well. The only thing I think is required is a name and phone number on the outside of the shack. Good luck this season, if you guys are out at Gull my shack is the white one white the Jiffy stacker on the door. Pictures of  it are in the iceshack section under the thred "got a new hardside today". Stop by for a cool one of your out there!

Where abouts are you going to setup? Perhaps I'll see you out there.

Offline Marlin07

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2009, 06:00 AM »
Where abouts are you going to setup? Perhaps I'll see you out there.
I will most likely be straight out form the launch at the par 3 golf course. Had some good luck there last year and figure we might as well try the same spot. Stop by and say hi!

Offline TravIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 02, 2009, 12:23 PM »
Is that on the north west side of the lake Marlin? 

Offline Marlin07

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 02, 2009, 12:36 PM »
Yeah NW side of the lake by the new marina and store.

Offline TravIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 02, 2009, 01:22 PM »
Which Hwy do you take to get there?  Do you turn off Hwy 53 west of Chrestomere?

Offline Marlin07

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 02, 2009, 04:45 PM »
Keep heading west on 53 past Crestomere on 53 for about 15-20km till you see the sign for the gull lake par 3 golf course, hang a left and its about 10 more clicks from there.

Offline TravIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 02, 2009, 05:12 PM »
Thats what I thought, but you don't know if you don't ask.  Might see you out there sometime, I'll bring the Icegator by for you to try out... :)

Offline Marlin07

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 02, 2009, 08:44 PM »
Thats what I thought, but you don't know if you don't ask.  Might see you out there sometime, I'll bring the Icegator by for you to try out... :)
Yeah for sure, Those ice gators look like nice units!

Offline TravIce

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 03, 2009, 11:22 AM »
Yeah for sure, Those ice gators look like nice units!

I fell in love with the one I used last year.  The one I have comming is a new model thats supposed to be better.  I can't wait to give it a try.  :)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.