The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Allagash Tip Ups  (Read 4288 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Allagash Tip Ups
« on: Oct 26, 2009, 11:39 PM »
Hello Maine members can any of you Help this NY. member out ? I'm looking for information on and a place to purchase from a Maine Allagash Tip Up. Your opinions on the tip ups performance,durability,etc. is appreciated my thanks in advance for your assistance. I tried Kittery Trading Post but did not see them among the tip ups offered for sale. I did a search using Bing and found out the Allagash tip up is made in Readfield they did not list a manufacturer.
  Mr.Clean-Steve

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
Re: Allagash Tip Ups
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2009, 11:50 PM »
Found this by doing a Google search:

Allagash Tip Ups

... but they show out of stock.

-Jeff

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2009, 11:56 PM »
Bought my son a set a few years ago and like them very well would encourage anyone to get a set. 8)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2009, 12:42 AM »
SkeeterJeff,
   I found that same information also went to the Kittery Trading Post's website ,they do not have the Allagash tip up listed among their offerings of tip ups
  Smeltslayer  do you remember where you purchased the tip ups?
  Steve

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2009, 05:03 AM »
I bet they will be getting a supply in soon Mr. Clean.  I would call KTP to confirm if in fact that is true.  If you just can't wait have Will call Bean's for you and see if they have anymore of the JT's left for $15 each..... ::) ;D

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2009, 07:03 AM »
SkeeterJeff,
   I found that same information also went to the Kittery Trading Post's website ,they do not have the Allagash tip up listed among their offerings of tip ups
  Smeltslayer  do you remember where you purchased the tip ups?
  Steve
I purchased mine at Indian Hill Trading Post.

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2009, 07:04 AM »
I bet they will be getting a supply in soon Mr. Clean.  I would call KTP to confirm if in fact that is true.  If you just can't wait have Will call Bean's for you and see if they have anymore of the JT's left for $15 each..... ::) ;D
Hey Eric I still have a set of Superiors that your that much closer to not getting. ;D ;D ;D

Offline ALASKANSS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIFFY TIME!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 27, 2009, 07:25 AM »
Bought my son a set a few years ago and like them very well would encourage anyone to get a set. 8)

i was under the impression u recommended jack traps? ;D

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 27, 2009, 07:58 AM »
Hey Eric I still have a set of Superiors that your that much closer to not getting. ;D ;D ;D

:roflmao: Good one Will. 8)

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #9 on: Oct 27, 2009, 08:29 AM »
Van Raymond Outfitters in Brewer. I don't like the felt flags.
Steve

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10 on: Oct 27, 2009, 12:01 PM »
Thank you team Maine members for all the replies. I will have to check Kittery Trading Post's website for a phone number or email address. I would think that they would list the tip up even if it was currently out of stock .But maybe I'm wrong also believe L.L.bean only carries Jack Traps the Allagash Tip Up is a different manufacturer.
 Pegasus I can see the felt flags freezing to the wood upright but the flags should be easy to replace . I like the fact that The Allagash has stainless steel flag spring and a drag system. Also they are cheaper then Jack Traps. I have my eyes on a few other items for this year have to watch the budget.
   A good holiday and ice season to all of you.
  Steve

Offline smeltslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New Vineyard,Me
« Reply #11 on: Oct 27, 2009, 01:06 PM »

i was under the impression u recommended jack traps? ;D
Great firewood!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 27, 2009, 06:23 PM »
I pick-up a couple Allagash traps @ a yard sale this Summer, they were in Great shape. I didn't need anymore traps, but I like the way they were built, especially the stainless steel parts vs. rusty steel on those other traps that I will leave nameless.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 09, 2009, 10:28 AM »

Okay, correct me im wrong or if there is some kind of catch, there is a place where you can purchase jack traps for $15??

Offline keepah seekah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 09, 2009, 10:54 AM »

Okay, correct me im wrong or if there is some kind of catch, there is a place where you can purchase jack traps for $15??

im sure you can get them cheaper then that even.....just check out the pile of firewood at smeltslayers house... ;D
i am a big supporter of PETA...."People Eating Tasty Animals"

"the green hornet strikes again gustafson!!!!"

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Nov 09, 2009, 01:08 PM »
drove up to the allagash   didnt see a place that made them   so now I dont know where to get them  ;D
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish
« Reply #16 on: Nov 09, 2009, 03:12 PM »
   They have them at Johnson's sporting goods in portland .   They are great traps . Almost just like a Jack trap only a little better because of the drag system .  2 things I would do if I got a new set of them .First thing is take them apart and put 2-3 coats of spar varnish or urethane on them . without the finish they will swell in the water and tighten up your drag on you . Also the trip is set by putting it through the flag stick its self . I would add split rings like a Jack trap has for a smoother release .  

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #17 on: Nov 09, 2009, 03:13 PM »
Maine Hazmat and others according to the information in the hyperlink SkeeterJeff posted the tip up is made by JHM Specialties in Readfield,ME. Do a search for the Indian Hill trading post's website when i called them in late October they were still waiting to receive their order of sixty tip ups. If my memory is right they are located in Greenfield.
  I was contacted by private message from a member who owns a shop that sell archery and fishing supplies and purchased one tip up from him. The business's name and address/phone number are below ,they had eight tip ups in stock when he first contacted me.

The Sportman's BARR     The member's user name is Schaisson
            39 Maine Avenue
            Gardiner,ME. 04345
             207-588-0888                               www.sportmansbarr.com

I will leave out the purchase price or otherwise one of the Mods. may delete this post since paying site sponsors sell similar merchandise. Thank you for all your replies a good holiday and ice season to one and all.
 Steve

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Nov 09, 2009, 03:38 PM »
Maine Hazmat and others according to the information in the hyperlink SkeeterJeff posted the tip up is made by JHM Specialties in Readfield,ME. Do a search for the Indian Hill trading post's website when i called them in late October they were still waiting to receive their order of sixty tip ups. If my memory is right they are located in Greenfield.
  I was contacted by private message from a member who owns a shop that sell archery and fishing supplies and purchased one tip up from him. The business's name and address/phone number are below ,they had eight tip ups in stock when he first contacted me.

The Sportman's BARR     The member's user name is Schaisson
            39 Maine Avenue
            Gardiner,ME. 04345
             207-588-0888                               www.sportmansbarr.com

I will leave out the purchase price or otherwise one of the Mods. may delete this post since paying site sponsors sell similar merchandise. Thank you for all your replies a good holiday and ice season to one and all.
 Steve
My reply is just being sarcastic  as they name them allagash   but there isnt a company there   and it is a different area for sure!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.