The Dark House Spearing board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: New Gear for 09/10 Spearing Season  (Read 2703 times)

Offline darkhousefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Me and my fishing buddy
New Gear for 09/10 Spearing Season
« on: Oct 20, 2009, 10:51 PM »
What's it going to be this year?  Anybody getting any new toys for spearing?  I picked up a 5# propane tank with the help of Drifter016, that I am looking forward to using.  I'm also rebuilding a ATV trailer so I will be able to haul my four wheeler to the lake.  I might try to get a snowmachine also.  But if not, at the least I'll get some more decoys.

Offline drakerebel

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New Gear for 09/10 Spearing Season
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2009, 11:25 PM »
What's it going to be this year?  Anybody getting any new toys for spearing?  I picked up a 5# propane tank with the help of Drifter016, that I am looking forward to using.  I'm also rebuilding a ATV trailer so I will be able to haul my four wheeler to the lake.  I might try to get a snowmachine also.  But if not, at the least I'll get some more decoys.

i'm shootin for a gas auger--lookin at strikemaster or eskimo stingray (goin cheap).  i have a lazer hand auger with an ice saw but oh how nice it'd be to punch some holes and be done when 'de ice gets tick'  ;D

i'm always a sucker for decoys too!  reminds me of the baseball card days of old.  a guy's gotta have something to collect.  i have some tools to carv duck decoys, i'm thinking of trying my hand on spearing decoys as well.

Offline pullingills

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 04, 2009, 08:29 PM »
a chian saw with no bar and chain oil dose the trick  ;)

Offline rezeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2009, 05:29 PM »
just bought a eskimo quickfish 3 today for 169.99 delivered to my door cant wait to check it out proly set it up in the living room when i get it just to show the wofe     woops i almost called her a wolf just kidden shes very cool hope she likes it since i already have two older cabelas portables one is for sale

Offline juniorfox

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2009, 11:14 AM »
Built a new house. Pick up a quick fish3, a New amish spear, and a couple new decoys. ready to hit it hard just need some ice, maybe by the weekend sounds like a cold front coming.

Offline rezeye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2009, 12:03 PM »
Built a new house. Pick up a quick fish3, a New amish spear, and a couple new decoys. ready to hit it hard just need some ice, maybe by the weekend sounds like a cold front coming.
sounds like a good time where you from

Offline PikeSticker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Another day at the office~!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2010, 09:19 AM »
Completed building two additional spears from laser cut heads, 6 tine and 7 tine, both 5 pounders which are heavier than what I'm used to and are "spares" for now. Switching over from HT Greenhouse portable to the new Cabelas 3 man hub ice shelter (carbon copy of Quickfish 3 only black) for quicker/easier set up and portability on scouting excursions. Added a fancy, hand-carved deek from an eBay carver. Untested yet.  Added a couple more Bear Creek deeks to the menagerie and all my "boys" got a brand new Plano storage box for their new home. Just ordered two "Coleman tent fans" - one for my semi-permanent house and the other for the tent. Gotta be better than natural air circulation and for $13 each and free shipping the price was right for them. Kinda neat attachment method - they use a strong magnet on the outside of the tent to stick to from the inside with no damage to the tent and infinite mounting locations from the floor level to the ceiling.  And lastly an insulated deck to cover the bare ice next to the spear hole in the hub tent as a luxury for me and the pup.  Now, where's them fish~!
~~~ Keep your powder dry and your nose to the wind~!  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day~!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.