Author Topic: Gulp! minnow heads and thorne bros rod  (Read 4114 times)

Offline bluegillhunter3694

• Team IceShanty Regular
Gulp! minnow heads and thorne bros rod
« on: Oct 18, 2009, 10:25 PM »
Does anybody have any experience with this type of gulp? One more thing, Does anybody have good things to say about the perch sweetheart rods that can justify the cost?

Offline Irish Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Gulp! minnow heads and thorne bros rod
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2009, 10:44 PM »
I put up a post a while ago about the minnow head. I think it's a great idea but I don't like the fact that it doesn't have eyes. The attraction of eyes is important to me, I've pulled an old head off with no eyes that wasn't being hit and put a head on with even just one eye and it made all the difference in the world. If I do try them I'll find some sort of eyes to add to them.

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2009, 05:26 AM »
I think it's time for Thorne Bros to sponsor IceShanty.com. 
Ken                                          

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2009, 07:18 AM »
I think it's time for Thorne Bros to sponsor IceShanty.com/quote]

You got that right...I think someone should list all the threads about there rods and equipement, tally a bill and send it to them. ;D

That being said...onto question two...Im interested in the gulp minnow heads, as a guy who fishes heads 80% of the time i think they hit on somthing here...the eyes are an issue but Im willing to give them a shot...anyone know if they are in a bag or jar?

Offline Melbs7

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2009, 10:08 AM »
Yeah... with all the free advertisement that they are getting... why should they pay to sponsor?? LOL

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 2009, 12:02 PM »
well that can be settled with the push of the delete button. we have rules about advertising on IceShanty.com but some people can't or won't follow those rules. in the future any posts not in compliance with the rules will be deleted with no further explanation. thank you for your time.

HIMO
                                 IceShanty Moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 19, 2009, 06:17 PM »
Isn't part of what we do here is recommend products that we use when someone asks?  I know I have been overwhelmed by the sheer number of different manufacturers for a specific product and if it were not for people posting here about their experience, perception, and value of a specific manufacturers product, I easily could have bought someones junk.  Yes, some manufacturers get "free" advertising, but some also get their inferior products critiqued and exposed. 

Yes, it would be nice for these companies to sponsor Ice Shanty, but to not allow us to mention a manufacturers name would be like cutting your nose off to spite you face, wouldn't it?  Are we to penalize a company for putting out a quality product at a reasonable price?

Jeff

Offline Irish Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 19, 2009, 06:23 PM »
There is a fine line between discussion and promotion and I think the Moderators have done a good job so far distinguishing between the two.

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 15, 2009, 09:49 PM »
I have the Perch Sweetheart; excellent product
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Nov 15, 2009, 10:55 PM »
I think it's time for Thorne Bros to sponsor IceShanty.com/quote]

You got that right...I think someone should list all the threads about there rods and equipement, tally a bill and send it to them. ;D

That being said...onto question two...Im interested in the gulp minnow heads, as a guy who fishes heads 80% of the time i think they hit on somthing here...the eyes are an issue but Im willing to give them a shot...anyone know if they are in a bag or jar?

I got them in a jar.  My mistake was getting the red heads versus regular silver color, so I am not sure how they will work.    Will be trying soon. 

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #10 on: Nov 16, 2009, 07:00 AM »
Im still looking for minnow heads in my area, the local shop claims to have some on order, but they still have not arrived, I cant find them anywhere

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 16, 2009, 07:41 AM »
FishUSA has the minnow heads. If you have some other things to order it may be best just to order them and done. You can waste a lot of fuel looking for stuff, I usually just order it.

http://www.fishusa.com/Berkley-Gulp-Alive-1-Minnow-Head-Jarred_p.html

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #12 on: Dec 04, 2009, 12:37 AM »
It's pretty hard to justify the Perch Sweetheart rod just for perch.  I'd say it's a better finesse walleye rod, but if you're hitting jumbo perches of 12" or greater in deep water of more than 30 feet then maybe.  I only get the 9-10 inchers.  I find the Panfish Sweetheart rod to get the job done very well.

Then again I prefer the noodly Cajun rod for perch...
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline lotwfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 04, 2009, 08:41 AM »
I use my panfish sweetheart mostly for all panfish, perch and walleye. I also use it for finiky whitefish. I would suggest it over the perch sweetheart unless you need the extra backbone. They are the same initial blank just sanded and cut slightly different. I will be using minnow heads this winter from Gulp! and also the new 1" minnow.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.