The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Vermont ice fisherman check in!  (Read 6788 times)

Offline johndeere540

• Team IceShanty Regular
Vermont ice fisherman check in!
« on: Oct 14, 2009, 04:18 PM »
Probably another month and we'lle be on the small ponds. I'lle be there!

Offline razzledazzle

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish H8 me
Re: Vermont ice fisherman check in!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2009, 06:06 AM »
I'm tapping my fingers...
Waiting...
patiently.
Fish H8 me ™
www.fishH8me.com

Gerry

Offline crappie_chaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2009, 03:41 PM »
Had to get the gear ready. The itch crept up on me and bit hard. Johnn Deere 540 huh? What model? B,D,E, or G
Every man is perceived a wise man, until they speak

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Oct 27, 2009, 01:56 AM »
Hey guys, can you give me the info of using dead bait in Vermont? Do I still need a recipt for it?
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline CJiceaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 27, 2009, 02:28 PM »
Can't wait. Already planning an early march trip to champlain for pike. Thinkin about maybe doing some road trips there this year as well. Would also like to look into some other VT pike waters this year. Did Champlain and Deweys as well as the river last year. Hopefully this year will be more. Last year I was on the ice 3rd week of november, we can only hope!

CJ

Offline MikeVT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 28, 2009, 01:41 PM »
Hey guys, can you give me the info of using dead bait in Vermont? Do I still need a recipt for it?
I have not seen the new regs yet, check out the VT Website.  I think the only thing they are changing is how long the receipt is good for.
A bent rod is a good rod!

Offline slopoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 29, 2009, 06:59 AM »
 ;D Ya now that salmon fishing is done, im getting the ice fishing itch. usually set the shanty for the season but this year im converting a boat trailer to haul my little shanty to stay mobile... can wait for my fingers to freeze, snot clinging to the end of my nose, and my beer to NOT freeze... :tipup:
its easier to beg forgiveness than to ask permission... FISH ON!!!

Offline VTtrophychaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Like Big Fish
« Reply #7 on: Oct 29, 2009, 02:58 PM »
Definitely getting the itch here as well.  Time to get up at O-dark-thirty and go out and put the work in.  Travel all over the state.  Drink some beers. sounds like a good time to me. 
My dream is clear, it involves fishin' n beer

Offline natep24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 02, 2009, 12:49 PM »
yep cant wait i have a severe case of "jigging-itis"... ;D     just finishing up my new shanty
Nate P
Firefighter/EMT

Offline pursuit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 02, 2009, 01:01 PM »
yep nights getting colder, days getting shorter, getting closer by the minute. Had ice on the puddles the other morning. Can't wait to drag some eyes through the hole. ;D ;D
And God said "let there be FISH"

Offline grampieshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Nov 04, 2009, 04:06 PM »
The other night grabbed a few beers & went out to the shanty, cranked up the tunes, set up a couple jacks on the lawn & waited. Guys in white suits showed up ( I think the neighbor called em). Funny thing though, they are both ice fisherman. :clap: :clap: They ended up takeing the neighbor away :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work

Offline natep24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Nov 05, 2009, 07:56 AM »
Quote from: grampieshanty link= :thumbsup:topic=118977.msg1170783#msg1170783 date=1257372402
The other night grabbed a few beers & went out to the shanty, cranked up the tunes, set up a couple jacks on the lawn & waited. Guys in white suits showed up ( I think the neighbor called em). Funny thing though, they are both ice fisherman. :clap: :clap: They ended up takeing the neighbor away :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I dont care who you are thats funny right there!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Nate P
Firefighter/EMT

Offline gould

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Nov 05, 2009, 05:32 PM »
That is funny. I think I am going to have my fishing gear all worn out by the time the ice gets hear ;D :tipup: I am even waking up in the night seeing flags thats just not write. They should have a pill or something for us they do for every thing else. 

Offline natep24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 06, 2009, 08:45 AM »
I am so glad to see that i am not the onlyone that has these dreams.... :roflmao: :roflmao:my girlfriend thinks i am crazy :cookoo:.......
Nate P
Firefighter/EMT

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader
« Reply #14 on: Nov 06, 2009, 09:03 AM »
I can't wait either.  Although, there's a deer to be shot yet  ::).  I got a new fishin buddy this past May, but it might be a couple years before he's on the ice--mama didn't like the idea of her infant icefishing.  I expect I won't be going out as much this year as in years past

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline natep24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Nov 06, 2009, 10:56 AM »
I can't wait either.  Although, there's a deer to be shot yet  ::).  I got a new fishin buddy this past May, but it might be a couple years before he's on the ice--mama didn't like the idea of her infant icefishing.  I expect I won't be going out as much this year as in years past
  :thumbsup:
congrats on the new addition.....i am going to be taking my little one out for the first time this year.....he is six years old ....
Nate P
Firefighter/EMT

Offline pursuit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Nov 06, 2009, 11:14 AM »
 Ya congrats on the new addition. Some off the greatest times with my boy have been on the ice. really looking forward to ice up.

Offline skyphix

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Nov 10, 2009, 10:07 AM »
From NY but plan on fishing VT some this year, mostly Rutland/Killington area.
Eric

Offline slopoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!!
« Reply #18 on: Nov 11, 2009, 05:54 PM »
yep nights getting colder, days getting shorter, getting closer by the minute. Had ice on the puddles the other morning. Can't wait to drag some eyes through the hole. ;D ;D

hey pursuit, Im living in shoreham this year and want to target some eyes this year. i think i know where your fishing from last season. we should get together and have some beers!!

Offline pursuit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Nov 11, 2009, 06:00 PM »
 Hey Slopoker, would love to get together, tip some back and catch some eyes. It won't be long now. Send me a pm and we will set something up ;D

Offline fishman31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Nov 11, 2009, 07:17 PM »
Looking forward to hitting the ice in good ol VT.  Especially the fact of early ice.

Offline pursuit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Nov 12, 2009, 03:03 PM »
Scrambler
   Would love to see a picture off that when you're done. Sounds like a good idea.

Offline BrattleShack

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 31" 7 lb
« Reply #22 on: Nov 19, 2009, 04:46 PM »

The receipt is ONLY for transportation of the bait from the shop to the water within a 96 hour period.  Once it's on the body of water it may not leave and must either be stored there (live or dead) or killed and discarded on the ice or in the water.

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
« Reply #23 on: Nov 23, 2009, 06:41 AM »
Just checking in.  Still need to get a deer before digging out my fishing gear.  I do have a few moose steaks for the ice though.

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline razzledazzle

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish H8 me
« Reply #24 on: Nov 27, 2009, 05:41 AM »
;D Ya now that salmon fishing is done, im getting the ice fishing itch. usually set the shanty for the season but this year im converting a boat trailer to haul my little shanty to stay mobile... can wait for my fingers to freeze, snot clinging to the end of my nose, and my beer to NOT freeze... :tipup:

Salmon fishing is just starting to "take off".  No way is it done.  Not on Champlain anyways!
Check out www.fishH8me.com
Fish H8 me ™
www.fishH8me.com

Gerry

Offline slopoker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FISH ON!!
« Reply #25 on: Nov 27, 2009, 09:35 AM »
Salmon fishing is just starting to "take off".  No way is it done.  Not on Champlain anyways!
Check out www.fishH8me.com

hey thats a dandy site!!!!! some nice salmon ya got there too! and i was refering to the salmon fishing over on the salmon river in pulaski... you guys have had some great weather to be out on champlain.

Offline DamYankee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Dec 03, 2009, 05:19 PM »
Deer have been few and far between.....there's still the smokepole.  Looking forward to first ice!
I'd rather be fishing!

Offline wallyjr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Dec 07, 2009, 09:59 AM »
oh yeah i'm ready! It was 18 at my house this morning. Hopefully we will be fishing by christmas. Hey maybe on christmas I can go fishing instead of going to the inlaws for xmas dinner! Yeeehaaaaw!
God,guns, and guts made america free.

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
« Reply #28 on: Dec 14, 2009, 04:03 PM »
So I got a deer with the ol smokepole, the little lake has froze over, so why does my wife expect me to be home this weekend after two months of hunting?  Guess I need to wake up early and sneek out Saturday morning.

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline dinosaur454

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Dec 14, 2009, 05:27 PM »
I'll be scouting the "inland lakes" this coming weekend. Will report my findings Saturday after I get back. ;D
NAFC LIFE MEMBER

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.