The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Team Massachusetts Outing?  (Read 10257 times)

Offline crazycrawler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike17.0 Steely9.8 Bass6.9 Brood8.0 Crappie17.5
Re: Team Massachusetts Outing?
« Reply #90 on: Oct 23, 2009, 12:07 PM »
That's why it's called fishing and not catching!  ;D  ;)

Agreed, I was trying to think of a place that just be more of a chasing flag day with the possibility of a big fish.

Offline MUNICH

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Soldier
« Reply #91 on: Oct 23, 2009, 12:26 PM »
Well at the bog theres pics, bass, perch, crappie and bull head on top of pike so there something to keep you busy, every non stocked species is very scarce in Comet.
J. Cotier

Offline crazycrawler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #92 on: Oct 23, 2009, 01:20 PM »
Out of 10 times there in 2008/09 I caught 3 Pike/1 Pic I realize those species are in there Josh. Out of the 10 times there I had 7 days of not one flag and yes I still go fishing there. Just wanted to throw another place out there that had parking and a large enough body of water. It's 50/50 chance I make it to the gathering anyway, weather permiting since my car isn't good in the snow, family obligations, or the car just goes to another lake on that day, just hate to see twenty guys looking at flags glued down all day "Peace Out" :tipup:

Offline newbraintree

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get a Set!
« Reply #93 on: Oct 23, 2009, 02:38 PM »
Well at the bog theres pics, bass, perch, crappie and bull head on top of pike so there something to keep you busy,

Hahaha.... you obviously have not fished it much.  It can shut down for a few days straight. I've seen 19 inch pickeral win derbies there.
, , ,

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #94 on: Oct 23, 2009, 03:24 PM »
what ever happened with the bog/south pond? centrally located, more places for folks to stay, more species to fish for?

burp

lenz
The question is??? Is there somewhere we can rent that will hold all of us? We are looking for a place that we can all stay at and cook our meals and have a place for all of us to hang out and shoot the breeze? The house we had last year had plenty of room and was very clean. I don't care where we go... Just want us all to stay together.
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline MUNICH

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Soldier
« Reply #95 on: Oct 23, 2009, 03:30 PM »
Hahaha.... you obviously have not fished it much.  It can shut down for a few days straight. I've seen 19 inch pickeral win derbies there.

Your right, when you hit the same place weekend after weekend your gunna find times when it shuts down for days. I've had many great days on the bog! And other slow days, but I you guys don't understand how comet is. Were talking smaller bait just going for hours never getting touched. You drop a small shiner anywhere else you'll get a perch atleast. The place it just desolit and big fish just roam it but you got depths that some of the tilts people use here wouldn't even reach.

Look, the bog was mentioned because it was a good location for every and not far from home. Of course the guys who fish it as their primary spot aren't going to want the years outing there the want to do something new and fun.
Make it a two week event, one at quabog and the weekend after or the day after at comet so people have two days to choose from if they please, or something.
J. Cotier

Offline newbraintree

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get a Set!
« Reply #96 on: Oct 23, 2009, 05:37 PM »
Can someone tell me where The Bog is?
, , ,

Offline butchy54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #97 on: Oct 23, 2009, 06:41 PM »
I have been reading this post for about a week we are all like woman we can't make our mines up.Here is a suggestion that might work.We ask 3 or 4 guys to form a committee to look for a place to stay and fish,come up with 3 or 4 diffrent places and then decide where we want to be.I know not everyone will agree but it a start. just my thoughts on this.   
                                                                                                          Be Safe See y all Soon
                                                                                                                art
I don't always Ice Fish,but when I do I always use Indian Hill Traps Stay safe my friends
[One of The G.O.D.S.

Offline MUNICH

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Soldier
« Reply #98 on: Oct 23, 2009, 07:52 PM »

You must know to have replied with this so knowledgeably.  ::)
J. Cotier

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #99 on: Oct 23, 2009, 08:42 PM »
OK guys

We know we want a Mass Outing and I am supporting/attending any decisions for what we want to do

On another note, I am tentatively looking at a trip to North Hero, VT in a very mint setup right on the lake.  My initial figures are about 40 bucks per night per person plus VT license and bait cost ( you cant bring your own)....i want to keep it to 10 guys or so but can accomodate a few more..I need a 3 or 4 night committment...I would prefer 4...maybe Thurs-Sun night and leave mon morning...we can discuss further.;  If I get some interest I will start a new thread and pursue...It is a 4 hour ride from Worcester...

I only need 6 guys to make the per night price the same as additional people

In case you want to check the digs....

http://www.cyberrentals.com/rental/p113925

PM me

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #100 on: Oct 23, 2009, 10:20 PM »
If this one does happen Karl, Will we be fishing on Champlain? It sounds good to me.
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #101 on: Oct 24, 2009, 07:51 AM »
yes..champlain in the backyard..

Offline PIKEKILLER1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #102 on: Oct 24, 2009, 08:31 AM »
yes..champlain in the backyard..
sounds good to me

Offline FishingNewEngland

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fishing New England
« Reply #103 on: Oct 24, 2009, 08:46 AM »
I better start saving for this one. Count me on Karl.

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #104 on: Oct 24, 2009, 10:43 AM »
Guys,

I still need to make contact for rental...will do today...

I already have FrozenShiner,FNE,PIKEKING,Pikekiller1,Butchy,me,....we'll go 12 guys...first PM's to me are on the list...i will let the list grow because the $$ talks for deposit...and some guys may not make it if something comes up with them....no offense to anyone...

6 more openings

I need to know if we want 3 or 4 nights..remember first nite is travel day...4 nights gives you 3 full days of fishing and it would make sense to go home inthe morning after the 4th nite...its a long ride for fishing and traveling...

try to give me your thoughts on this as I will wait to book actual days.  Also, throw out some dates...keep in mind tournaments..Im thinking late Jan, early Feb.

K

K

Offline crazycrawler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #105 on: Oct 24, 2009, 11:00 AM »
Looks like a great place and wish I could go. Don't think I would have a place to live when I got back (3 kids under 7yrs. old) or a wife for that matter, have to pass on this one  :(  have fun guys.

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #106 on: Oct 24, 2009, 11:46 AM »
Guys,

I already have FrozenShiner,FNE,PIKEKING,Pikekiller1,Butchy,me,....we'll go 12 guys...first PM's to me are on the list...i will let the list grow because the $$ talks for deposit...

6 more openings

I need to know if we want 3 or 4 nights..remember first nite is travel day...4 nights gives you 3 full days of fishing and it would make sense to go home inthe morning after the 4th nite...its a long ride for fishing and traveling...

try to give me your thoughts on this as I will wait to book actual days.  Also, throw out some dates...keep in mind tournaments..Im thinking late Jan, early Feb.

K

K

Munich and Flaggs are in...4 more openings...and like i said...respond anyway if it fills up....money talks and some may back out later on...absolutely no offense guys....K

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #107 on: Oct 24, 2009, 12:18 PM »
Guys,

I already have FrozenShiner,FNE,PIKEKING,Pikekiller1,Butchy,me,....we'll go 12 guys...first PM's to me are on the list...i will let the list grow because the $$ talks for deposit...and some guys may not make it if something comes up with them....no offense to anyone...

6 more openings

try to give me your thoughts on this as I will wait to book actual days.  Also, throw out some dates...keep in mind tournaments..Im thinking late Jan, early Feb.

K

K

GotABigOneYa and my son are in....2 left....

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #108 on: Oct 24, 2009, 01:15 PM »
ok men

we are filled up

HOWEVER.....3-4 have signed up and need to check work schedules this week so there is a huge chance of dropouts, so keep PM'ing me...the order in which i get them determines the list we fill from.

I am going to start a new thread for this outing and "sticky" it to the top of the threads....K

Offline FROZEN SHINER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #109 on: Oct 24, 2009, 03:06 PM »
good job uno cant wait for this. ;D
Keep busting those holes and re-baiting those Indian Hill's

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #110 on: Oct 24, 2009, 03:12 PM »
Frozen

be sure to check the new thread...Im keeping it up top...K

Offline mbs1957

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #111 on: Oct 24, 2009, 08:57 PM »
A non-resident 7 day license for NY is $25 just so everyone is awarequote]  Pretty sure there going up on all sporting licenses.You mite see it posted on N.Y. page.

Offline unoman

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #112 on: Oct 24, 2009, 09:19 PM »
We're fishing North Hero VT...41 bucks for non res license

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
« Reply #113 on: Oct 25, 2009, 07:11 AM »
ok men

we are filled up

HOWEVER.....3-4 have signed up and need to check work schedules this week so there is a huge chance of dropouts, so keep PM'ing me...the order in which i get them determines the list we fill from.

I am going to start a new thread for this outing and "sticky" it to the top of the threads....K

Like I said earlier, do to snow removal, I can't commit but barring a snow
I will be there.  All I need is a piece of floor.  I can always commute if need be.

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline JDiPerrio

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #114 on: Oct 25, 2009, 09:47 AM »
Hope you can make it up to fish even if you got to commute Capt.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.