Author Topic: I need help !!!!!  (Read 2805 times)

Offline blackbeast

• Team IceShanty Regular
I need help !!!!!
« on: Sep 10, 2009, 11:17 AM »
I don't know how to explain it. I find myself dreaming at work. I find myself sticking my head in the freezer for 10-15 min at a time. I set my shack up tree times this week already this week and its only Thur. rearranged my tackle bag 5-6 times this month. auger fired up twice this week. I caught myself making jigging movements sitting in my shack firing up the heater and trying to set tip-ups in grass. just restrung the line on my poles again tying different jigs on. I cant wait. I think I'm going to crack the pressure is just too much. I need ice. I can't wait. the cold temps in the morning is just getting my heart racing. my wife thinks I'm crazy. I think shes going to kill me if I mention ice one more time. I;m going crazy for ice and I think she is going crazy too. luckily hunting season starts in 2 days to take some of the edge off but it wont help much. is anyone else going through ice withdrawals. I need to know I'm not alone out here. can anyone help!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
thats the biggest smelt i've ever seen 

Offline perchking4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: I need help !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Sep 10, 2009, 11:30 AM »
I have the same symptoms you do. iv been through my gear like 4 times this month, restrung all my tip ups and jig poles and fire up the auger 3 times. i cant wait for the ice any longer!!!!!!!! if you need me ill be sitting in my freezer with a jig pole and a bucket. ;D

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2009, 11:46 AM »
thinkin of exersizing or super sizin gettin ready for them long pulls on the ice lol tipups always ready to go hold on need to check out an see if the freezer is still workin   mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline MookieB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2009, 12:11 PM »
I run a restaurant and I find myself sitting in the walk-in freezer and don't know how I got there.. I think that I might be cracking up a little bit. The freezer only runs at -30 so it's not quite cold enough for my liking. :) Well only a couple of months to go here and we'll be ice fishing... I think I can make it.

Offline IceManBran

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2009, 02:52 PM »
I've been really looking forward to it too.  Planning on picking up a new shack in a few weeks just so I can make sure i'm fully organized and prepared for the season. 

Offline blackbeast

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2009, 04:31 PM »
 do you think that there is a pill or medication or something that you can take to get rid of this illness. I just got out of the freezer its not 20 below in there like i wished it would be but it was cold enough to take the edge off. it only took an hour of shivering in my boxers to get me close to normal. I need something!! I need ice!! anyone with me going insane. is there a reverse situation then cabin fever. because if there is i think I got it. is it wrong to be wanting to be locked in a shack for hours upon hours at a time! or am I just insane

Offline GotEmHooked

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Sep 10, 2009, 04:34 PM »
do you think that there is a pill or medication or something that you can take to get rid of this illness. I just got out of the freezer its not 20 below in there like i wished it would be but it was cold enough to take the edge off. it only took an hour of shivering in my boxers to get me close to normal. I need something!! I need ice!! anyone with me going insane. is there a reverse situation then cabin fever. because if there is i think I got it. is it wrong to be wanting to be locked in a shack for hours upon hours at a time! or am I just insane

yes its called Iceosis!!!

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Sep 10, 2009, 04:48 PM »
Here in Rochester, NY we have the "Ice Fishers Anonymous". As the self proclaimed President, I hold sessions when the patients are in need of "therapy". "Therapy" consists of jig exchanges, fishing lies, beer and wings.

It doesn't really help with Ice Fishaholism.....but it don't hurt!

I think you need to organize a local chapter.

To gain a charter, just send me large quantities of jigs and your address. I'll get you signed up ;D

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Rat-Man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Sep 10, 2009, 05:44 PM »
Farmers Almanac says SNOW BY THE END OF SEPTEMBER :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
LIMIT YOUR KILL - DON'T KILL YOUR LIMIT

Offline airborne_guy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Sep 11, 2009, 02:40 PM »
what if you get a small fish tank and freeze it, in a deep freezer. just enough that you can drill a small hole in it. then jig little nemo out of the with some perch hooks. that should cure it for a few hours eh?
IF YOUR GOING THROUGH HELL, KEEP ON MOVING! DON'T SLOW DOWN.

A COUNTRY BOY CAN SURVIVE

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #10 on: Sep 11, 2009, 02:47 PM »
I don't know how to explain it. I find myself dreaming at work. I find myself sticking my head in the freezer for 10-15 min at a time. I set my shack up tree times this week already this week and its only Thur. rearranged my tackle bag 5-6 times this month. auger fired up twice this week. I caught myself making jigging movements sitting in my shack firing up the heater and trying to set tip-ups in grass. just restrung the line on my poles again tying different jigs on. I cant wait. I think I'm going to crack the pressure is just too much. I need ice. I can't wait. the cold temps in the morning is just getting my heart racing. my wife thinks I'm crazy. I think shes going to kill me if I mention ice one more time. I;m going crazy for ice and I think she is going crazy too. luckily hunting season starts in 2 days to take some of the edge off but it wont help much. is anyone else going through ice withdrawals. I need to know I'm not alone out here. can anyone help!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
welcome to the addiction!!! :laugh:
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline Tomhusker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • We're making ICE boys!!
« Reply #11 on: Sep 11, 2009, 03:54 PM »
 I take my ice rod and jig for chubs off the bridge. I use piilkies and waxies. Not a cure, but a quick fix anyway.

Offline sonar man

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GILL MASTER
« Reply #12 on: Sep 13, 2009, 05:13 PM »

YOU MITE HAVE PROBLEMS ;D ;D

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Sep 13, 2009, 05:25 PM »
Naaaaah! He's just fine...just fine........just fine....He's OK....just fine......

I wish my right hand would stop twitching...

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Iceman314

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Sep 13, 2009, 06:29 PM »
same boat as all of u......been through my equipment at least twice a week....and always thinking of equipment upgrades and inventions....so close.....hopefully lake erie freezes again this year and perchin away ill go!!!

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #15 on: Sep 13, 2009, 06:32 PM »
YOU MITE HAVE PROBLEMS ;D ;D
yeah no ice  :D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #16 on: Sep 13, 2009, 07:12 PM »
I do this about every 2 weeks...it takes the edge off :D

Only a few screws loose    ::) ;D

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Sep 14, 2009, 09:34 AM »
I dont think it is a problem topher.  I doubt anyone eles on here would either.
<br />

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Sep 14, 2009, 10:05 AM »
Personally I think the ones who don't ice fish are the ones with the problem. :icefish:
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #19 on: Sep 14, 2009, 01:28 PM »
the only cure is stil a couple months away, the next best thing is to come on iceshanty and share the disease with other members, i am jayson and i am a icefishaholic

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • YA JUST GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!
« Reply #20 on: Sep 14, 2009, 01:54 PM »
They say .....All good things come to those who wait.    I'm DONE waiting..Where's the ICE????
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #21 on: Sep 15, 2009, 10:03 AM »
I dont think it is a problem topher.  I doubt anyone eles on here would either.
definately not but my neighbors think i am nuts!!!
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline brokenline

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • old nuf to know better, young nuff to do it twice!
« Reply #22 on: Sep 15, 2009, 10:38 AM »
They say .....All good things come to those who wait.   
   yeahh screw that!!! ive been waiting for 2 years for sometihng and it aint happening! but ice is soon my friends!!

Offline blackbeast

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Oct 07, 2009, 09:10 PM »
I too am done waiting the river fishing just aint cutting it any more I still need help

Offline panfishman13

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Oct 08, 2009, 08:56 AM »
i do believe we have an epidemic on our hands here, and the only cure is ice.  :icefish: :cookoo:

Offline blue mule

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LOOK CLOSER...
« Reply #25 on: Oct 08, 2009, 04:47 PM »
i'm losing sleep thinking about my addiction. sat down in the recliner last nite to watch t.v. fell asleep. woke up 10 minutes later, went to bed, was awake the rest of the night. thinking about new places to go, new things to try. when the alarm went off at 3:45 a.m., i found i spent the whole night thinking of ways to addict my GRANDCHILDREN to the same curse. i'm too far gone. i'm an ice fishing pusher. :'( pray for me, i'm beyond help. hope to see you on the ice.

Offline mk_bovee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Oct 09, 2009, 12:09 AM »
Personally I think the ones who don't ice fish are the ones with the problem. :icefish:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:        YEAH!    WHAT HE SAID!!!!!!!      ^
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    )
                                                                                                                                                                                                                   (
                                                                                                                                                                                                                    )
dont take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive                                            team broke azz

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: Oct 09, 2009, 06:20 AM »
Wife told me I was taliking in my sleep last night about ice fishing and my new "Green Hornet" ice rod that I just bought off of ebay.  :)

Offline aklimbing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Homemade Money Saver
« Reply #28 on: Oct 09, 2009, 07:20 AM »
Hi, my name is Jeff, I enjoy long walks on the ice, numerous flags (color doesn't matter), and I too am an icefishing addict!!! It feels so much better to get that off my chest. You might be onto something here. Thanks for the help!
Life is about the Journey, it's not about the End

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Oct 09, 2009, 07:34 AM »
Try feeling that way being stuck in Afghanistan!  It's still 90-100 degrees here and I don't even have any gear to tune up or play with.   

A slim hope of hitting last ice in March is all I've got.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.