The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Just moved to Gillette  (Read 1580 times)

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
Just moved to Gillette
« on: Aug 30, 2009, 01:35 PM »
Greetings,
I just moved down to Gillette from Billings. Looking forward to making some posts from keyhole this winter.  I read through all the keyhole posts and it looks a little challenging to catch fish out there. Does anyone post open water reports for WY?
So many fish, so little time.

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
Re: Just moved to Gillette
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2009, 08:19 PM »
Welcome to Iceshanty brother. If you're wondering where we all are, we're at My Fishing Forum, like Iceshanty, but open water, same Mod, same guys. Just go up to the thread above yours and click on the MFF link that's listed and come on over. Don   ;D                        LT :callcops: Iceshanty Moderator

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25, 2009, 08:43 AM »
welcome to razor city, what other wyo residents consider to be the arm pit of wyoming... if you take out rock springs, rawlins, etc...  ;D

how could you leave billings??? they have famous daves, and now i see there is a buffalo wild wings there!!!  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: 5 tipup rating!

Offline doublehaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Doublehaul
« Reply #3 on: Oct 25, 2009, 03:55 PM »
welcome to razor city, what other wyo residents consider to be the arm pit of wyoming... if you take out rock springs, rawlins, etc...  ;D

how could you leave billings??? they have famous daves, and now i see there is a buffalo wild wings there!!!  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: 5 tipup rating!

Oh....I thought you knew. The city of Gillette has made an agreement with new residents, with every 1 year lease signed you receive a money tree. With hard work and miracle grow the tree bears fruit to purchase new ice augers, hunting boots, jiggin rods, 4-wheelers, jacked up trucks, and huge diamond rings for your wife.

I had 2 choices-stay in Billings and never have the things listed above or be here and work on planting my new $$$ tree in my backyard making sure that it gets plenty of sunlight and water.

Aside from not having a Famous Daves and Buffalo Wings Wings it's not as bad as people think I promise.
We just had the annual Chili Cook-off.....and next week  I might join a bowling league. Interesting change to say the least.
Anyone else ready for hardwater???
So many fish, so little time.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 25, 2009, 06:59 PM »
yeah, wifey and i skipped the chili feed last night in lieu of a quiet pizza with a few of the brown bottles tossed in... if you want to party hearty, reserve your seat for the crawfish boil... it used to go until the booze ran out, but too many fights and arrests developed so it shuts down around 10pm now i believe... back in '92 or so, my son comes running out of the mens room hollering to our table there is a fight in there and one man is slamming another mans head into the sink with blood everywhere... being in the sound mind i was, i queried, "did you remember to wash your hands Mike?"

in later years, i did manage to grow up...  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.