Author Topic: Reeds customer service is bad Warning  (Read 3359 times)

Offline fdmkb

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Reeds customer service is bad Warning
« on: Aug 19, 2009, 05:56 PM »
I have had it with Reeds, I ordered a Fish trap pro and not only has it been 11 days and no delivery (not that I need it now), but I have left them 3 e-mails and they won't reply. I called the store and they put me on hold 10 minutes, I finally hung up.....

The deal was good but customer service is bad. At this point I hope I receive it at all.. :(

Offline TravP

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Reeds customer service is bad Warning
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2009, 10:38 PM »
i had no clue there were even any reeds left anymore.
Theres a Reeds in Walker and another in Onamia,MN

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2009, 10:45 PM »
Thats the first time Ive ever heard of Bad service from Reeds.  PM me and Ill tell you who to ask for when you call again.  I have a cabin on Leech lake and buy all my fishing and hunting stuff there and have for years.  Reeds is noted for having the best service of any Sporting goods store.  Not to make excuses for them but August is there busiest month in the store. When you call and order you are just talking to a sales guy on the floor.  I have been in the store in august when you can barely walk down the isles because of so many customers. They are not a big box sporting good store like Cabela's or Bass Pro. Those guys are the real deal and use the products we buy fishing and hunting on there time off.  I have phone ordered stuff from them before and had no problems.  My buddy bought a new Lowrance HD from them two months ago lives 300 miles away, the screen went blank, called up he sent it back and had a new one 3 days later.

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #3 on: Aug 20, 2009, 06:54 AM »
How do you know it isn't UPS or FedX that has the shipping messed up? Being on hold for 10 min. in this day and age is nothing out of the ordinary. Just calm down and everything will work out. :unsure:

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
« Reply #4 on: Aug 20, 2009, 07:12 AM »
Order it on a weekend- mail don`t run on Sunday so subtract any Sun, wouldn`t doubt the online service will take yer order on Sun , but it won`t happen till Mon. 11 days is nuttin-did ya read thier policy for shipping? may take 14 ground mail or UPS depending on yer location. Go jig off the dock with yer Vex and chillax abit. It`ll be there , and as CC said it may be a FEDeX/UPS/POSTAL SERVICE hangup , not Reeds at all. If ya truly get porked, make a post to that effect.

Offline Cheeks13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Aug 20, 2009, 08:48 AM »
I had issues with Reed's this past spring. I ordered a puck transducer for my Marcum. They sent the wrong one, no big deal right? I spent almost a month calling and e-mailing to find out if they had the right one so I could exchange. They never called me or e-mailed me back.I ended up sending it back for a refund which also took about a month to be credited back to my account. I will never order there again. Cheeks out!!!

Liberty or death-what we so proudly hail-once you provoke her-rattling of her tail-never begins it-never but once engaged-never surrender-showing the fangs of rage!

Offline fdmkb

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Aug 20, 2009, 11:12 AM »
Order it on a weekend- mail don`t run on Sunday so subtract any Sun, wouldn`t doubt the online service will take yer order on Sun , but it won`t happen till Mon. 11 days is nuttin-did ya read thier policy for shipping? may take 14 ground mail or UPS depending on yer location. Go jig off the dock with yer Vex and chillax abit. It`ll be there , and as CC said it may be a FEDeX/UPS/POSTAL SERVICE hangup , not Reeds at all. If ya truly get porked, make a post to that effect.

I am more upset with the fact that they won't e-mail me back or return a call. Thats what customer service is about.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Aug 20, 2009, 05:10 PM »
I am not making excuses, but something that large may have shipped by truck freight. Don't be surprised if a big truck delivers it. I think there are weight and size limitations on what the UPS and FedEx truck will deliver. My Dad gets truck freight deliveries to his shop sometimes. The first words out of the drivers mouth are always. "do you have anywhere to turn this truck around! >:(;D

Offline buffettphan606

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish on!
« Reply #8 on: Aug 20, 2009, 06:41 PM »
I would have to say Reeds is a class act in my experiences with them, both in store and internet, usually receive my stuff quickly, but i would say that an item that size, and this time of year,it might take longer. Good luck..............bpha n

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Aug 20, 2009, 06:48 PM »
I am more upset with the fact that they won't e-mail me back or return a call. Thats what customer service is about.

Roger that, unexcusable. Hope all works out , could be on the big truck like Skipper says cuz off bulkyness etc. , but it would be nice to be able to track it. I was planning on grabbing a softpack for my Vex from Reeds and now will at least explore my options elsewhere. I was not pokin at ya with the jig off the dock comment, hope ya didn`t think so.
Yer absolutely rite about the lack of contact on thier part.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Aug 20, 2009, 07:14 PM »
http://www.fishusa.com/Vexilar-Soft-Pack-for-FL-Flashers_p.html These guys have it, they sponsor, their price is better, and I will vouch for their reliability and service. ;)

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Aug 20, 2009, 07:45 PM »
http://www.fishusa.com/Vexilar-Soft-Pack-for-FL-Flashers_p.html These guys have it, they sponsor, their price is better, and I will vouch for their reliability and service. ;)
THnKz Skipper!

Offline BobOlink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Aug 22, 2009, 03:51 PM »
Thats odd. when I ordered my scout last year on line, I waited a week and when it didn't show I called to find out they had the wrong exp. date on my card.  To my suprise they express shipped it to me in 3 days with no charge.
Bob P.

Offline howesfc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "Eirinn go Brach"
« Reply #13 on: Aug 22, 2009, 04:38 PM »
Always been treated good at REEDS ,they even send me In-Fisherman magazine compliments of REEDS SPORTS.

I was a Soldier I am a Soldier I will always be a Soldier

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #14 on: Aug 22, 2009, 05:13 PM »
FISH307.com, went above and beyond expected to make sure I was a satisfy/happy customer, awesome people!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Gambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #15 on: Aug 23, 2009, 12:20 AM »
I have ordered from Reed's 2 times. One was a trolling motor and the other was a fish finder.
In both cases the items arrived but were scattered thru out the main cardboard box. Did you ever hunt through all packing for the drive pin of a trolling motor??? Both items arrived in what looked to be used condition or returns. I sent both items back and never ordered from them again.
Take Care and God Bless
Rick

Offline fdmkb

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #16 on: Aug 23, 2009, 09:03 AM »
I have had it with Reeds, I ordered a Fish trap pro and not only has it been 11 days and no delivery (not that I need it now), but I have left them 3 e-mails and they won't reply. I called the store and they put me on hold 10 minutes, I finally hung up.....

The deal was good but customer service is bad. At this point I hope I receive it at all.. :(

UPDATE

Still have not recieved the product!!!! No e-mails returned and I did talk to a counter person but he was going to look into it and call me back....
he never called back!!

Offline corny13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Aug 23, 2009, 09:38 PM »
You should have PM'd me Ive been in Walker all weekend and could have talked to them in person for you.  Check your Private messages I told you who to talk to.  Muskie fishing was not good yesterday but today made up for it... ;D a nice 43"

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Aug 24, 2009, 10:43 AM »
I am not making excuses, but something that large may have shipped by truck freight. Don't be surprised if a big truck delivers it. I think there are weight and size limitations on what the UPS and FedEx truck will deliver. My Dad gets truck freight deliveries to his shop sometimes. The first words out of the drivers mouth are always. "do you have anywhere to turn this truck around! >:("  ;D

I'd say your right about the truck freight thing. I swore I remeber reading that the Scout is the only fish trap that they ship UPS ground. The Pro would probably be truck freight or Speedee delivery. (Speedee my be a local thing) I bought an item that had to truck freight this spring from MA to PA and it took at least 2-3weeks.

Offline mud_n_fun

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Well? Where's the fish!!
« Reply #19 on: Aug 26, 2009, 04:58 PM »
I dont' know about the customer service but I ordered a big buddy heater Sunday night online and it came in UPS today!

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #20 on: Aug 26, 2009, 06:35 PM »
I am not making excuses, but something that large may have shipped by truck freight. Don't be surprised if a big truck delivers it. I think there are weight and size limitations on what the UPS and FedEx truck will deliver. My Dad gets truck freight deliveries to his shop sometimes. The first words out of the drivers mouth are always. "do you have anywhere to turn this truck around! >:(;D

I order my FishTrap Pro last summer and it arrived large Tractor Trailer type truck/ It came from Cabelas, no problems.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Aug 26, 2009, 07:50 PM »
Were you charged for the house you did not get yet ?

Did you know clam is coming out with a whole new line up this year ? it might be worth the wait !!
Hard Ice

Offline fdmkb

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #22 on: Aug 30, 2009, 07:05 AM »
UPDATE>>>

As of today I still have not received the ice shanty (not that I could use it now..) I have talked to the owners, I have talked to the tracking guy and both were very rude to me....I was told that they are very busy and don't always have time to email people ?  What ever happened to customer service? In this economy wouldn't you think they would try to keep customers?

The shanty is suppost to be shipped from the clam factory, they said the factory is sorry for the problems.
I called the factory and yes they do ship it for REEDS, they just got the shipping order on Thursday.

The bottom line is REEDS blammed the issue on the factory.....sounds like REEDS is too busy for my bussines ever again!!! I will post when I finally get it.. Man I can not wait to go Ice Fishing :tipup:

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: Aug 30, 2009, 07:33 AM »
I can't understand the way some of these companys think.  I can shop for something on the web, find basically the same price on it, and lots of times customer service is the only difference.  I'll even give a few $$ more for an item if I've dealt with a company before and received good service.  If a company is too busy to deal with their phone or internet customers, maybe they should stop taking phone and internet orders? 

Jeff

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Aug 30, 2009, 08:15 AM »
I've never gotten any bad service from Reed's. I've ordered several big ticket items from them over the years and had nothing but prompt and great service. I also got several complimentary issues of in-fisherman magazine this year thru them. They'll continue to get my business as they've always treated me right.
Ken                                          

Offline panfishpounder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Aug 30, 2009, 12:14 PM »
I have ordered from reeds also, and the service has been great.  They have even been sending me complimentary copies of In-Fisherman ;D ;D   

Offline fdmkb

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #26 on: Sep 12, 2009, 06:24 AM »

It finally came Great product!! The tracker at reeds is the problem, he lied to me 3 times. I know some guys posted that they have had good luck with reeds and they get free magazines, but I would never order from them again, not if you want customer support. All I was looking for was communication, I did not get 1 e-mail or phone call returned not even from the owner.......

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27 on: Sep 12, 2009, 03:08 PM »
At least you got it before the ice came! :D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.