Author Topic: OH NOOOOO!!!  (Read 2809 times)

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
OH NOOOOO!!!
« on: Aug 13, 2009, 02:42 PM »
I had my first dream about ice fishing last night, going to be a long fall!!!
EYECONICFISHING

Offline dania1ff

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I rather be Ice Fishing
Re: OH NOOOOO!!!
« Reply #1 on: Aug 13, 2009, 02:58 PM »
Dud don't get me started I am already in my garage cleaning up my Ice box and putting new line on the rods and fixing my Tackle Box and sinkers. I am getting jittery a little every time I talk about it and thinking about is just so hard. I think I need to go to I.F.A Ice fishing anamnesis. :o :o

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Aug 13, 2009, 06:00 PM »
I use the same spinning reel for open water as I do ice fishing so mine are already ready to go! Just need to look for a new shanty this year and I have to get an underwater camera and I'll be ready to go.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Aug 13, 2009, 06:33 PM »

Opened up the old Clam yesterday to make sure the mice didn't chew any new holes in it..Bought 4 cans of camp dry today to spray it down this weekend..And this is the hottest weather we had all year. Go figure..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #4 on: Aug 13, 2009, 09:10 PM »
Took the shelter out yesterday for an air out session..have a new jig box with the jigs already nice and neat and organized...new line on the tip up spools, new flasher with a fully charged battery, and my first ice rod blank kit in the mail to make my first custom jigging rod......4 months to go.....bring it on :)

Offline J_Jaacks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Aug 13, 2009, 09:44 PM »
Man this year has been hard. I have gotten the itch too already. This is the earliest I have really wanted the ice. Maybe its being unemployed and having too much free time. I have not had a dream about ice fishing yet, but I suppose know that you have mentioned it, I will. I have already watched all the episodes of the In-Fisherman Ice Guide and the Vexilar show that I tapped from last year. Man I can't wait. I have already thought about getting a jig order placed. Haven't made the big step yet though. If there is one of those meetings in Iowa let me know, I suspect that I should attend one.

Offline fd757

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Aug 13, 2009, 11:14 PM »
Well since we are sharing out anxieties, here goes.  I was ripped off ice fishing wise last year, so looking forward to this year.  My dad died in Feb and it is tough to get motivated to do anything, even what you enjoy, but this year I hope to make up for some lost time last year.  Bought another shelter, power auger and pole for two hundred this spring.  All loaded up and ready for ice.  Tight lines all, tight lines.

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Aug 14, 2009, 06:45 AM »
Not dreaming about it but thinking a lot about it.In the last few weeks I finished up two shed projects,built a deck for the back rack on the quad,built an auger carrier for the front of the quad.Sold my old trailer and buying a new one next week to haul all the gear around...so yeah,I've been thinking about it some.....

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #8 on: Aug 14, 2009, 07:34 AM »
i have had a few dreams already!!i have already got the auger going, all my tackle is ready, the spools are all respooled,the shelters are out in the driveway airing out,the batteries are recharged for the fish and depth finder,and i have been mapping out a couple of places. it should be an excellent year this year!! i hear we are going to get a lot of cold and a lot of snow this season. well all i can say is,(BRING IT ON!!!) I AM READY!!! :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #9 on: Aug 14, 2009, 07:40 AM »
Not dreaming about it but thinking a lot about it.In the last few weeks I finished up two shed projects,built a deck for the back rack on the quad,built an auger carrier for the front of the quad.Sold my old trailer and buying a new one next week to haul all the gear around...so yeah,I've been thinking about it some.....
Curious as to how your "auger rack" is built.  Got some pics?

AND I took out all my ice gear yesterday - set up the shanty and went through all the tip-ups, jig poles and lures.  I left it all set up in the back yard so I could go sit in it today and do a little more day-dreaming.   :P  I'm ready for some ice.

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #10 on: Aug 14, 2009, 07:47 AM »
Curious as to how your "auger rack" is built.  Got some pics?

AND I took out all my ice gear yesterday - set up the shanty and went through all the tip-ups, jig poles and lures.  I left it all set up in the back yard so I could go sit in it today and do a little more day-dreaming.   :P  I'm ready for some ice.
i have been doing this now a couple of times and the neighbors next door think i am totaly nuts and have a problem ;D :o :o :wacko: :bow: :icefish: :clap:
hard core fanatic  Http:

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Aug 14, 2009, 07:50 AM »
My wife is just shaking her head    out behind the camper the otter village is set up  also airing out   plus I have some sewing to do to it and behind that the snopro iceshack with all the catch covers spread out on the floor    and materials  stock piled inside    she  just cant figure me out
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #12 on: Aug 14, 2009, 07:59 AM »
my shappell is out in the driveway next to the guide fish trap and i noticed that the seams around the zippers are coming undone. it looks like i will be using the guide this year for sure! the shappell is what i have been using because of its easy transporting but now i will have to figure out a way to start using the guide. i will be fishing out of a 78 buick regal this year so space will be limited. i have too much gear and the transport factor will play a big roll this year. looks like the guide will be getting strapped to the roof. bought the thing and only used it two or three times because of our transportation issues!
hard core fanatic  Http:

Offline brokenline

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • old nuf to know better, young nuff to do it twice!
« Reply #13 on: Aug 14, 2009, 09:27 AM »
i have had a few ice dreams already and a few other not so pleasant ones lol its hot out! every time the water temp drops i get giddy!

Offline DasRottweiler

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • RIP- DR`s AwesomeAustin 9/10/09
« Reply #14 on: Aug 14, 2009, 10:34 AM »
Well since we are sharing out anxieties, here goes.  I was ripped off ice fishing wise last year, so looking forward to this year.  My dad died in Feb and it is tough to get motivated to do anything, even what you enjoy, but this year I hope to make up for some lost time last year.  Bought another shelter, power auger and pole for two hundred this spring.  All loaded up and ready for ice.  Tight lines all, tight lines.
Sorry to hear of your loss, It`s good to emerse yourself in sumthing when sumthing so devastating happens, wether it be work or whatever. Might as well make it Ice Fishing.  Tight lines back at ya.

Offline Grumpyoldman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Aug 14, 2009, 11:51 AM »

Sorry to hear of your loss. Glad to hear you've got gear again. Tight lines. 

Offline fd757

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Aug 14, 2009, 01:43 PM »
Thanks guys, ps, this site is the best!!!!  I have learned alot of info on here.

Offline J_Jaacks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Aug 14, 2009, 10:38 PM »

Never good to lose a relative, but some time on the ice could really help heal the heart.

Offline db1561

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My weekend home!
« Reply #18 on: Aug 16, 2009, 06:28 PM »

I can relate with you, I lost my Dad in April this year..and now my moms goin down hill fast :'(   But I still get the urge to hit the hard water... It helps to clear the soul and mind while your out there sitting on the big ole block of ice...

Keep your chin up my friend better times are ahead!  It just will take some time..

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Aug 16, 2009, 10:57 PM »
Sad to here about both of your guys' losses. Be sure to enloy life while you have the chance fellas.
My portable gets set up a couple times a week. My kids officially have the coolest fort in the neighborhood. It's a floorless icecube so it works well for them and I don't have to worry about it getting destroyed. Hopefully soon I'll be scratching two itches at the same time. I love getting tattoo'd as much as I love the hardwater. I got a scenery of my boys and I looking for some open water action on my lower leg. I'm thinking of doing something "Ice" oriented above it to help scratch the itch a bit while I wait for mother nature. Any ideas?
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #20 on: Aug 16, 2009, 11:14 PM »
Well since we are sharing out anxieties, here goes.  I was ripped off ice fishing wise last year, so looking forward to this year.  My dad died in Feb and it is tough to get motivated to do anything, even what you enjoy, but this year I hope to make up for some lost time last year.  Bought another shelter, power auger and pole for two hundred this spring.  All loaded up and ready for ice.  Tight lines all, tight lines.
  I hope you and db1561 have a spectacular ice fishing season , you guys deserve it!  My prayers all with both of you guys!
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #21 on: Aug 17, 2009, 08:49 AM »
sorry to hear about your lose, my prayers go out to you and the family! i hope you have a great season this year to!
hard core fanatic  Http:

Offline IceManBran

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Aug 17, 2009, 10:32 AM »
I've been getting the itch lately too.  New this season for me will be an Eskimo QF3 and a Lowrance x67c Ice Machine.  I cannot wait to get out on the hard stuff!

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #23 on: Aug 17, 2009, 02:35 PM »

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #24 on: Aug 17, 2009, 02:36 PM »
Sorry this pic was for Fishforpike....forgot to add text.....Easy made auger carrier....

Offline nontypical

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Aug 17, 2009, 02:44 PM »
nice setup gary!!!got the picture posting figured out ah :tipup:

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #26 on: Aug 17, 2009, 04:23 PM »
Not really Jeff,got lucky....LOL

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #27 on: Aug 17, 2009, 06:40 PM »

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #28 on: Aug 18, 2009, 07:20 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
looks like your all set and ready, nice set up!!!
hard core fanatic  Http:

Offline skulldugary

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #29 on: Aug 20, 2009, 06:30 AM »
Thanks guys,picked up the new trailer yesturday......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.