The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: countin down the days  (Read 7186 times)

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: countin down the days
« Reply #30 on: Oct 28, 2009, 10:52 AM »
Yes, the Mormyska style lure is a little hard to find in this country, (yourbobbersdown has a couple), although there are a lot of European companies that carry them). JM could probably order you some; he must be tri or bi-lingual. I'm looking forward to some extensive testing when we finally get ice. Pan fish beware. :P

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
« Reply #31 on: Oct 28, 2009, 01:31 PM »
Yeah boys, I know Arek just pulled his crapt out and his brother is gonna get him the Marmooskas from Greenpoint, imported direct from Russia with love.  I'm gonna ask hime to get me some wolframs, so I'll tell him you guys dilemas and get back to you.

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #32 on: Oct 28, 2009, 01:33 PM »
Mo, you are right, silver does kill a lot of things, don't know of any neb treatment that has silver in it, but then again, I'm not a pulmnologist.  They now sell clothing developed in sweden with a layer of silver to kill the flu virus, but a shirt cost 600 bucks, not my cup of tea.

Whatever, the flu is the flu, swine, seasonal, avian, all a matter of how healthy you are to begin with.  It's just a disgusting amount of hype (and money marketing scheme by Sanofi) about this swine flu.

Dr. JM
no problem,a virus is a virus and not a bacteria and a fungus issa fungus the nebulizer is a cutting edge idea for bronco-pulmo intoxication,your right, from the common cold ie common influenza virus to swine flu influenza virus its well to determine the exact culprit to treat in an appropriate manner no hype but more days on the ice     mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #33 on: Oct 29, 2009, 10:25 AM »
Yeah boys, I know Arek just pulled his crapt out and his brother is gonna get him the Marmooskas from Greenpoint, imported direct from Russia with love.  I'm gonna ask hime to get me some wolframs, so I'll tell him you guys dilemas and get back to you.

Dr. JM

Whens he headed to the SR next...Lotsa steelies and browns to play with while I'm waiting for ice  ;) ;)
Proud to be Pro Staff!!!    Gut cookies?

Walleye count for 2015    21 landed up to 25"

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #34 on: Nov 05, 2009, 09:11 AM »
Mark, these are the ones me and Fred are referring to:

I tried all different marmooskas over the past few years and none of them seem to produce anywhere near the original russian made jigs tipped with a spike or waxie  ;) ;)

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Nov 05, 2009, 10:43 AM »
You say mormooshka, I say mormyshka.  :) D. Both lures work, but the latter tend to be available in smaller, and lighter sized. Also the mormyshkas tend to be natural shades: copper, gold, and silver. That would make them just right for fishing those shallow, pan fish infested Pocono lakes. Not that anyone on this site would be interested. ;)

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Nov 05, 2009, 11:30 PM »
Mark, those aren't the real ones, I've seen those ice jigs around, and they are as much of a lie as Promised Land (in terms of being real marmyshkas).  Real Marmyshkas are russian and ruissians do not sell them in fancy packages.  They are made to be the most subtle ice fishing lure out there to catch all the finicky fish of europe like bream and rudd.  I don't know what the maximum size of a marmyshka is, but I do know Arek has some of those micro sizes, measured in milligrams, just stupid small. 

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline uncleicy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #37 on: Nov 06, 2009, 02:38 PM »
Gaaaahh!  So frustrating! Y'all can't even imagine what I'm feeling right now. A long time Central Pennsylvanian, I'm now living in East Alabama. I have no concept of when things will get going in your neck of the woods, but it don't look like it'll be any time soon!.

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #38 on: Nov 06, 2009, 08:36 PM »
me mooskas   you mooskas

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Nov 07, 2009, 09:51 AM »
Anybody else notice things were skimmed over this morning?  The bay here on Monroe outside my door was glazed over like a fresh, hot donut and ski called me to say the farm ponds by him were locked up.  Accuweather keeps pushing those teens forwards for some stupid reason, but judging by the freeze up we had last night, boy and girls, the lakes are primed, 11/23 is more of a hope than a promise now since we are jumping above the curve, so I'm gonna fall back on my 12/1 prediction.  23 days boys, 23 days.

Van, Diz, Mark - just bought my first home on Leisure Lake yesterday, 3 miles from Monroe, so we got one heck of an option though I haven't heard of anything in the lake besides 8 pound Largemouths.  Don't worry, we didn't lose Monroe, I'm gonna watch the Monroe house all winter, my landlord loves me.  Also, just got an access card to Blue Mountain Lake so I'm gonna go check it out today, don't know the ice rules yet, but it seems like another lake that is never fished (the richer the houses around a lake, the less people fish it is what I've learned over time).  Still have to check out Weiler and learn their ice rules there, but boys, this ice season is stacking up wonderfully.  Trying my damdest to make up for losing Skytop this year.

Oh yea, and Uncleicy, you are guilty and absolutely stink of Invidia, a crime of which there is no greater punishment, look that one up in the latin dictionary of Pope Gregory the great.  To he!! with your pessimism (or Alabama, whichever is hotter).

Dr. JM

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #40 on: Nov 07, 2009, 10:19 AM »
dr jm you gots the cure! i think i can help you get rid of those 8lb largeface bass lol aLSO ANY OTHER NUISANCE FISH YOU GOT ie crappie perch walleye no trout ive swore off of them and no sunnies unless they gots the lockhaven disease isotope mutation no lol no ice here yet its still in the 60tys  :o animal house roadtrip to jm's new abode ::)    
mo   Miłej podróży!
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline geothefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Tightlines and safe ice to you all!
« Reply #41 on: Nov 07, 2009, 04:45 PM »
I can feel it coming.  The water in the bilge of my boat was frozen solid this morning.  I sure hope that is a good sign!
   Me and my son/fishing buddy AKA gfisher95 

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Nov 07, 2009, 06:40 PM »
Yes, nice work JM; perhaps a house warming party would be in order ::) Then again, maybe plundering the lake would be a friendlier gesture.  ;)

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Nov 07, 2009, 07:03 PM »
Yeah, thanx boys, figured a house is a very neccessary accessory when you got kids coming, my only stipulation was I needed a private lake that I didn't have access to yet, and when we compared school districts, we figured on East Stroudsburg North, try to get away from the gang violence of pocono Mountain or Pleasant Valley.  I was banking on finding a house on a few other lakes, but alas, the price and taxes was too awesome to let this one go.  So yeah, we got another lake to enjoy, only issue is I am exactly 350 yards away from the lake at this place (seems like a mile compared to where I lived on Monroe).

Mark, if you got Mountain Springs lake, you cherish that jewel.  As a kid, we snuck into that beauty all the time, Jack Rader knows me all too well, waitin for him to show up in the ER at Pocono, I'll remind him of how much he used to love to chase me, see if I give him the morphine he needs.  That lake is PHENOM, massive panfish, big bass and picks, and yes, there are some gorgeous trout in there.  We used to snag them at night right below the spillway when we were kids, they definitely do not spare any expense stocking trout in that lake for the few people who show up at that place in the summer.  I thought the rule was you couldn't ice fish it unless you were sleeping with Mr. Rader himself (just like the guy who owns Trout Lake).  Mark, have fun on that prize, I'll stick to catching em downstream in Gruber Lake, can't wait to hear the stories and relive some childhood memories.

Alrite boys, going to watch the temperature drop and shoot me some russians in the morning (van, we're bringing the side arms tomorrow, to hell with that phone number to the PAFBC).  You all enjoy.

Dr. JM

Offline Gambler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #44 on: Nov 07, 2009, 09:18 PM »
Gaaaahh!  So frustrating! Y'all can't even imagine what I'm feeling right now. A long time Central Pennsylvanian, I'm now living in East Alabama. I have no concept of when things will get going in your neck of the woods, but it don't look like it'll be any time soon!.

You poor b--tard!!!!
Take Care and God Bless
Rick

Offline jasong31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Nov 07, 2009, 11:55 PM »
All this talk of private lakes with untold bounties are killing me!

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #46 on: Nov 08, 2009, 08:14 AM »
Its supposed to be in the 60s today  :'( :'(  I think I'm gunna put my AC in the window and turn it around  ;D

JM, I still got that 150 gal aquarium if you want it. You just gotta drive out and pick it up since it doesn't fit in the bed of my truck  ;)  You going back to the creek? I rigged up the tuna rods with 400# fluro and 13/0 snag trebles for snagging rooskies...whats the limit on em  >:D >:D

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Nov 08, 2009, 12:10 PM »
I don't believe there is a bag limit on poachers; nor should there be IMO. ;D Only problem would be if you actually showed up with snagging gear, it would be the one day that the WCO actually decided to patrol the creek. The poachers would get off scott free, and you'd get fined! ??? In the words of a Russian comedian; what a country!  ::)

Offline Ski Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gut eyes? =)
« Reply #48 on: Nov 08, 2009, 02:31 PM »
I don't believe there is a bag limit on poachers; nor should there be IMO. ;D Only problem would be if you actually showed up with snagging gear, it would be the one day that the WCO actually decided to patrol the creek. The poachers would get off scott free, and you'd get fined! ??? In the words of a Russian comedian; what a country!  ::)

I'll just tie some bucktail on the snag hook...its a fly  ;) ;)  I know one of the WCOs that patrols that area as well as 40+ miles of the Susky. Talk about being overworked. Next time I see him I'll tell him some of whats been going on back there and see if I can get his cell phone number as the card he gave me last fall only has the number of the NE regional office on it  :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.