The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Looks quiet  (Read 436 times)

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
Looks quiet
« on: Mar 30, 2009, 06:40 AM »
This site looks like it's over also. I just went over to the Sebago site and the water level has dropped about a foot and a half getting ready for the spring runoff. I had a worm crawling across my walkway yesterday and the robins are standing in line at the edge of the lawn waiting for a spot to eat. The frogs should be peeping in another couple of weeks, but there is snow in the forcast for Friday. Hazzy will probadly be grinning ear to ear as he is sitting in his portable, out in the middle of Long Lake for the next month, knowing he has the only ice in Maine. ::)
Steve

Offline nofishin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Looks quiet
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2009, 07:01 AM »
it is time to pack up the traps and get out the rods.  making the transition over to MFF.  bring on the open water.  thanks to everyone for another awesome year of ice fishing. 

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2009, 09:35 AM »
I hate to see the season end thats for sure! :'(   Even though I wasn't very successful this year  :-[

Guess I'm going to have to get me a new rod and look forward to the open water season  8)

I don't have a boat I do mostly brook fishing BUT a friend has offered to take me out on

Sebago this spring/summer ......something I'm really looking forward to! :) 
                                                                                                    Good Luck to all,

Brenda
QUIT WISHIN AND LETS GO FISHIN !!!

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2009, 02:15 PM »
snowed pretty hard up here this am   4-5" after a day of over 50!  that kinda sucks abit   and super hard to plow   tearing up the driveway  we could get another few weeks of fishing in for sure   last thursday had 3 1/2 3 ft of ice on cross lake   but running outta time to fish   got the spring things agoing    esp circus!   got to get the camper outta the snow bank   put the fifth wheel back in place....and do that before the ground thaws...
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.