Author Topic: Ice fishing on GULL LAke today..Mar 21....got some good results  (Read 1844 times)

Offline zanthus100

• IceShanty Rookie
Went to Wilson's Beach area, then south onto the lake to about the camping area....

Pretty good results. Started at about 8 AM...caught 4 whites on gold bells bounced on the bottom , then around 10 I switched to a green slater hook and caught two more whites.....

My dad got 4 whites and a ling/burbot on gold bells

Offline the local angler

• IceShanty Rookie
thats good to hear.how was the ice conditions? i am hoping to head out on tues and thurs/fri. i am guessing maybe slushy on the surface but still good to drive on?

Offline allenford

• IceShanty Rookie
thanks for sharing.

by the way, what is gold bell?

thanks.

Offline slingshotz

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone have any updated info on how good the ice is to drive on still?

Offline topgun

• Team IceShanty Regular
tons of ice no floodwater shes good to go!

Offline the local angler

• IceShanty Rookie
just got back from gull. the ice is still good, i managed to bottom out the power auger and had to finish drilling the rest of the way with the hand auger as its the only auger i have with a one foot extension.the snow on top of the ice is deep in some areas, its ok in the early morning but when it warms up its sticky stuff as some 4x4 gots stuck. i only managed one 10" perch and one white for supper. lost a few at the hole.there was the odd wind gust that made me wonder if the ice cube shelter was going to hold or collaspe on me. the roads leading up to the lake and boat launches are rough bumpy and slipery as snail snot in the noon ish time when the ice and slush starts to melt. becarefull.

Offline CMMahy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The access point at Brownlows has some serious ruts in it, getting really swampy in the afternoon when it warms up. I left my truck on the road, took the sled out past the pressure ridge. Some semi-established trails, but the ruts are deep and they were getting pretty soft at 3. Managed one 10 1/2" perch, then hit a school of 8-9"ers and caught 9 in a few minutes. Right before I packed up for South Buck, had a pike (I think) put up a good fight for a bit then spit the hook. Marked a few whites but no bites. No sign of any burb's either.
A bad day of fishing beats anything else I'd be doing today.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.