Author Topic: New CT Statute Fishing/Hunting/Tapping License prices  (Read 5137 times)

Offline hawk01

• Team IceShanty Regular
Just got this in. New CT statute regulating license prices as of January 1st 2010.  Current prices are in (brackets) New prices next to current. You will now need a license to fish in saltwater!  Changes are as Follows

(d) The taking of fish and bait species as herein provided shall be regarded as sport fishing and the taking or landing of such species in the inland waters or marine district by commercial methods for commercial purposes shall be governed by other provisions of this chapter.

(g) No fishing license shall be required for any person who is fishing as a passenger on a party boat, charter boat or head boat registered under section 26-142a and operating solely in the marine district.

Sec. 3. Section 26-28 of the general statutes is repealed and the following is substituted in lieu thereof (Effective January 1, 2010):

Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, the fees for firearms hunting, archery hunting, trapping and sport fishing licenses or for the combination thereof shall be as follows: (1) Resident firearms hunting license, [fourteen] eighteen dollars; (2) resident fishing license, [twenty] twenty-five dollars; (3) resident marine waters fishing license, twenty dollars; (4) one-day resident marine waters fishing license, ten dollars; (5) resident all-waters fishing license, thirty dollars; (6) resident combination license to [firearms hunt and] fish in inland waters and firearms hunt, [twenty-eight] thirty-five dollars; [(4)] (7) resident combination license to fish in marine waters and firearms hunt, thirty-five dollars; (8) resident combination license to fish in all waters and firearms hunt, forty-five dollars; (9) resident combination license to fish in all waters and bow and arrow permit to hunt deer and small game issued pursuant to section 26-86c, sixty-five dollars; (10) resident firearms super sport license to fish in all waters and firearms hunt, firearms private land shotgun or rifle deer permit issued pursuant to section 26-86a and permit to hunt wild turkey during the spring season on private land issued pursuant to section 26-48a, as amended by this act, ninety-five dollars; (11) resident archery super sport license to fish in all waters, bow and arrow permit to hunt deer and small game issued pursuant to section 26-86c and permit to hunt wild turkey during the spring season on private land issued pursuant to section 26-86c and permit to hunt wild turkey during the spring season on private land issued pursuant to section 26-48a, as amended by this act, ninety dollars; (12) resident trapping license,  [twenty-five] thirty-one dollars; [(5)] (13) resident junior trapping license for persons under sixteen years of age, [three] four dollars; [(6)] (14) junior firearms hunting license, [three] four dollars; [(7)] (15) nonresident firearms hunting license, [sixty-seven] eighty-four dollars; [(8)] (16) nonresident inland waters fishing license, [forty] fifty dollars; [(9)] (17) nonresident inland waters fishing license for a period of three consecutive days, [sixteen] twenty dollars; [(10)] (18) nonresident marine waters fishing license, thirty dollars; (19) nonresident marine waters fishing license for a period of three consecutive days, twenty dollars; (20) nonresident all-waters fishing license, sixty dollars; (21) nonresident combination license to firearms hunt and inland waters fish, [eighty-eight] one hundred ten dollars; [and (11)] (22) nonresident combination license to fish in all waters and firearms hunt, ninety dollars; (23) nonresident combination license to fish in marine waters and firearms hunt, seventy-five dollars; and (24) nonresident trapping license, two hundred fifty dollars. Persons sixty­ five years of age and over who have been residents of this state for not less than one year and who meet the requirements of subsection (b) of section 26-31 may be issued [a lifetime] an annual license to firearms hunt or to fish or combination license to fish and firearms hunt or a license to trap without fee. The issuing agency shall indicate on a combination license the specific purpose for which such license is issued. The town clerk shall retain a recording fee of one dollar for each license issued by him.

(b) Any nonresident residing in one of the New England states or the state of New York may procure a license to hunt or to fish or to hunt and fish for the same fee or fees as a resident of this state if he is a resident of a state the laws of which allow the same privilege to residents of this state.

Offline jstanhope90

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: New CT Statute Fishing/Hunting/Tapping License prices
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2009, 02:43 PM »
so now we need a fresh and salt water license to fish in our own state

Offline hawk01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2009, 02:50 PM »
so now we need a fresh and salt water license to fish in our own state

Offline bigbry068

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2009, 08:12 PM »
The worse thing about it is the money is going into the GENERAL FUND!!!   >:(   
youngest  G.O.D.S. member (grumpy old dudes)

Offline bigbry068

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2009, 08:16 PM »
And how do they plan on enforcing the shoreline license, they dont have enough help now to take care of inland, but wait i know, this is part of the grand scheme to produce jobs, But, they will have to pay these people, and how will they do that? they will raise the fees again.

Trooper Bri

« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2009, 10:08 PM »
You'll definitely see EnCon planted at the busy launches initially. Lost track of how many times i've seen the safety inspection guys at the launch in Niantic.

The sad part is people who currently get ticketed almost always have the ticket waived when they go to court. It irritates the DEP guys who shake the offenders down for nothing. If the state would make these tickets stick, they would have revenue and not need to patch the budget defecit buy creating these new licenses for honest fishermen. It's a Catch22. And who knows, with all that revenue maybe the state will hire more EnCon officers and will be able to eradicate the other criminal aspects of what the EnCon police have to deal with.

OTOH, we are hardly the only state in the country who are implementing this "plan". It just irritates me that the honest public pays more while poachers still pay nothing.

Offline Oldfart

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Cant feel what fingers? You still got fingers?
« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2009, 04:20 AM »
I talk to the green police 95% of the days when I go surfcasting, apx. 30 days a year. No shortage along the shoreline.  I have no problem at all paying for a saltwater as well as fresh. Already pay out of state fees when on vacation. Just wish it went to pay for more police, not the general fund.
I wish I was in heaven sittin down..........on a 5 gallon pail!

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2009, 08:02 AM »
yep. we could definately use some more officers!!! i see it every year, poachers coming out of the wood work. i see so many, i am gonna have to start helping these officers out.while i don:t mind paying for my outdoor activities, i do have a problem with the idiots who try and beat the system while doing the damage they do!-poaching, trash,keeping illegal fish,too many fish,etc...
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline hawk01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 19, 2009, 12:03 PM »
Absolutly be Police friendly. Don't be afraid to use the tip-line.  Its too bad that the fees are going into the general fund, you can be sure they wont be used to hire additional conservation Officers as currently there is a state employee hiring freeze.  Unfortunatly The Gov. wants to end the hiring of 120 day staff and a good portion of the Conservation Officers you see at the shore are retired municipal police officers who work for the DEP on a 120 day seasonal basis.

Revinue from the Pheasant tag program was supposed to initially be used to buy more birds and support the pheast stocking program, but those funds go into the general fund also.  ???

Trooper Bri

« Reply #9 on: Mar 19, 2009, 12:36 PM »
The bill to hire additional DEP officers (outside of the retiring ones) has been shot down the past few years, way before the "hiring freeze" ever happened. No money for schools or law enforcement anymore, but endless billions for financial institutions to hand it out like candy on Halloween.

Offline bigbry068

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 19, 2009, 02:25 PM »
The bill to hire additional DEP officers (outside of the retiring ones) has been shot down the past few years, way before the "hiring freeze" ever happened. No money for schools or law enforcement anymore, but endless billions for financial institutions to hand it out like candy on Halloween.
               I would like to see more officers, definately some guys who seriously abuse what we have.

Offline Oldfart

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 19, 2009, 05:17 PM »
The TIP line has been on speed dial in my phone for 8 years. I have NO PROBLEM AT ALL calling it. I have in the past and will continue to call it in the future. If I have to follow the rules, everybody (read that RI Red) does. >:(

Offline RickWakeman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Mar 19, 2009, 08:57 PM »
So if I am a MA resident, should I be paying the same for a fishing license as a CT resident?

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #13 on: Mar 19, 2009, 09:09 PM »
The TIP line has been on speed dial in my phone for 8 years. I have NO PROBLEM AT ALL calling it. I have in the past and will continue to call it in the future. If I have to follow the rules, everybody (read that RI Red) does. >:(
absolutely!!! :callcops: :callcops: :clap: :thumbsup:
hard core fanatic  Http:

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #14 on: Mar 19, 2009, 09:11 PM »
So if I am a MA resident, should I be paying the same for a fishing license as a CT resident?
no, i believe yours is higher because of the none resident.
hard core fanatic  Http:

Offline Oldfart

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Mar 21, 2009, 05:43 AM »
I dont know. Will your state let us fish for the same fee as a resident can in Mass?

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #16 on: Mar 22, 2009, 09:47 AM »
I dont know. Will your state let us fish for the same fee as a resident can in Mass?
I DON:T THINK SO!!!
hard core fanatic  Http:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.