Author Topic: Washing Ice Armor  (Read 2549 times)

Trooper Bri

Washing Ice Armor
« on: Mar 15, 2009, 08:39 PM »
Well, after a few seasons with them, i finally had a fishy enough winter that the bibs need washing. Especially after a huge freakin' pickerel unloaded on them and it wouldn't entirely sponge out.  ;D

The directions are pretty obvious; hand wash & hang to dry. Any other tips or anything to look out for?

Offline EddieRod

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Washing Ice Armor
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2009, 08:50 PM »
 It says not to dry clean but without looking at the tags after last year, had it done and came out perfect.

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2009, 09:12 PM »
After washing\drying(hanging works best) my set i sprayed them down useing camp dry.  (i`v been doing this for about 4 winters) .
Hard Ice

Offline slabspanker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • i sell wood and wood products
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2009, 06:14 AM »
dont put em in the dryer. wrecked the gloves...  >:(
wood is good

Offline BaitWrangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2009, 10:53 AM »
It says not to dry clean but without looking at the tags after last year, had it done and came out perfect.

I'm not looking to be a jerk at all, but I figured I'd chime in.

I don't own Ice Armor, but they may say not to dry clean them not because it ruins what the material looks like, but possibly because it will eventually ruin the insulating properties of the fibers.

I say this because Under Armor has on the tag not to dry with 'dryer sheets' or 'fabric softener' and my father went online and it says just that... (that those two things ruin the fibers in the Under Armor that keep you warm.

Just though I'd share.

Offline Trouty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish on!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2009, 12:49 PM »
dont put em in the dryer. wrecked the gloves...  >:(

What happened to them?

I washed and dried mine, good as new.

Offline BobOlink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2009, 07:37 PM »
they say to hand wash. After that I spin dry in the washer hang them and then water proof spray. The back side of the material has a rubber like coating on the inside, noticed that when I found a small tear in my bibs. That's probably why you shouldn't dry clean or put in the dryer.
Bob P.

Offline lotwfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 16, 2009, 10:12 PM »
I wash my normally in the washer then put them into the dryer for about 3 cycles of air dry/tumble. Works good so far, I also spray down with camp dry once and a while.

Offline Sven936

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2009, 02:00 AM »
I just wash mine on delicate and let them air dry. I have done twice a year for 4 seasons with no issues.   I have not camp dried them, but no water issues either.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.