Author Topic: Lake x  (Read 2226 times)

Offline northwestslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • gone and fishin
Lake x
« on: Mar 15, 2009, 07:04 PM »
Got out around 10 on the ice. Solid 12-14 inches. Flags started going from the get. The three of us set out are max of six. Total Me:8 one pickerel, 3 small mouth, 4 large mouth. Nick 10. four pickerel rest nice largemouth. Kevin 6. 2 pickerel rest largemouth. We had a great day soaking up the sun. Had a lot of trouble getting off though. Result two people in the 4ft of water, a ruined I phone. Almost a lost vex and sled.. Not good. Please be safe. We then had to go back out to get to a safer spot and finally to shore only to bushwack with two sleds and me with my pack.. My best small mouth was 3 and a half maybe four pounds. I don't know if the camera went in as well we'll see. Here's some pics from my phone but there not good because I though we would have most of them on the nice I phone.

Enjoy last ice but its not worth losing your gear, Phones. ect. On what was great ice early but draining water under the ice that we couldn't see made crummy. I managed to stay dry And had my bar on me and using it..

Trooper Bri

Re: Lake x
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2009, 08:31 PM »
I'd say Lake X looks a lot like Lake W, especially due to the colors on those largies, but Lake W doesn't have smallies.  ;D Definitely a great stretch of weather and plenty of fish for you guys. Good to hear only your pride and an iPhone were hurt.

I enjoyed last ice on Friday with the freakin' lunatics, and am actually going to try my hand at golf on Tuesday with some friends in Old Lyme.

Maybe we can plan a BBQ at someones house this summer.

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2009, 06:41 AM »
Got out around 10 on the ice. Solid 12-14 inches. Flags started going from the get. The three of us set out are max of six. Total Me:8 one pickerel, 3 small mouth, 4 large mouth. Nick 10. four pickerel rest nice largemouth. Kevin 6. 2 pickerel rest largemouth. We had a great day soaking up the sun. Had a lot of trouble getting off though. Result two people in the 4ft of water, a ruined I phone. Almost a lost vex and sled.. Not good. Please be safe. We then had to go back out to get to a safer spot and finally to shore only to bushwack with two sleds and me with my pack.. My best small mouth was 3 and a half maybe four pounds. I don't know if the camera went in as well we'll see. Here's some pics from my phone but there not good because I though we would have most of them on the nice I phone.
(Image removed from quote.)
Enjoy last ice but its not worth losing your gear, Phones. ect. On what was great ice early but draining water under the ice that we couldn't see made crummy. I managed to stay dry And had my bar on me and using it..
sounds like an awesome outing northwestslayer. way to go. :icefish:
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2009, 07:22 AM »
Hey! miket!!!!! ???

Northwestslayer and I are fishing buddy's.

That outing on Lake x started out well, BUT due to the rapid deterioration of the ice
2 people went thru the ice and could have resulted in injury or loss of life.
They were very LUCKY!!!!
Plus they lost some significant gear.

And you call that an awesome outing! ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Way to go!  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Your way of thinking "IS NOT" wired correctly !!!!! :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:

while some people don:t think straight i on the other hand am all about the safety aspect of anything i do. i was referring to the pics of fish not the bad judgement by otheres.my comment had nothing to do with the people that went in , i was talking with northwestslayer previously and new he was heading out for one more.the other people went in not slayer. i wasn:t there and i can:t comment on the others except glad there alright i was just telling slayer about his pics of fish. i have been doing this for many decades and am an seasoned angler. safety is the first priority!!!!always
hard core fanatic  Http:

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2009, 08:08 AM »
OK miket!

I agree with the pics point.
BUT, your statment didn't point out that that was what you where refering to.

The ice is going rotten FAST up here in the NW.
50 degrees today with possible 60 degree tomorrow!
Northwestslayer and I agree that we are DONE!!!!!
Not going to risk life or limb just to catch a fish!!!
There's always next season!!

my bad seadog, perhaps i should of taken the time to fully understand the story or even worded my response a little better.but you are right, the ice is deteriorating at a rapid pace- my ice season is done for this year.opening day won:t be long.gotta meet up with you guys someday, it would be nice to meet some of ya:s!!!for anyone else willing to take the chance, please be carefull as this time of year is no joke!use your heads!!!
hard core fanatic  Http:

Offline bojango

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2009, 09:44 AM »
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r260/bojango145/iphonerobertsmallie001.jpg (ftp://http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r260/bojango145/iphonerobertsmallie001.jpg)

My season aint over yet! I';ll just be a little more careful from now on. Good trip slayer.

Offline Jessox80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "The malevolent aged grin..."- Hughes
« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2009, 12:50 PM »
I would recommend bringing a "bridge" with them to anyone who wants to extend their season to the fullest extent.  I agree that icefishing in March requires a certain degree of insanity (I am willing to buy an out of state license and drive to VT every weekend to extend my season) but with experience comes an understanding of patterns.  ONLY fish lakes you know well (I'm not saying you did not do this NWslayer) so you can avoid currents or underwater springs. When leaving the ice after a warm day expect the shoreline to be awful.  A long plank (not a fail-proof solution) doesn't weigh much and could save a lot of worry, money or even a life.  Make it part of your late season equipment. 
Pike fishing is a like a cruel mistress that is too beautiful to leave.

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2009, 09:33 PM »
I would recommend bringing a "bridge" with them to anyone who wants to extend their season to the fullest extent.  I agree that icefishing in March requires a certain degree of insanity (I am willing to buy an out of state license and drive to VT every weekend to extend my season) but with experience comes an understanding of patterns.  ONLY fish lakes you know well (I'm not saying you did not do this NWslayer) so you can avoid currents or underwater springs. When leaving the ice after a warm day expect the shoreline to be awful.  A long plank (not a fail-proof solution) doesn't weigh much and could save a lot of worry, money or even a life.  Make it part of your late season equipment. 
good point! :clap:
hard core fanatic  Http:

Offline northwestslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • gone and fishin
« Reply #8 on: Mar 20, 2009, 08:28 AM »
Nah it was the whole cove. I grew up fishing the lake and Knew that it was going to be sketch . I know about the bridges. The guys were just a little to close to the bad spots.

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #9 on: Mar 20, 2009, 08:53 AM »
it really helps to know the water your going to fish!
hard core fanatic  Http:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.