Author Topic: Fishing Numbers  (Read 3366 times)

Offline Ac

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fishing Numbers
« on: Mar 15, 2009, 03:46 PM »
Well it seems that everyone and there dog, plus their dogs cousins are fishing Lake Winnipeg.
It seems to me that people are lumping fish numbers to their group. More often than not they don't say how many people are in their group.
Now if you want to make an accurate post...
Stayed as far away from the Polo Park parking lot (Red Mouth).
Ac...12 Walleye(biggest 25.5", Smallest 20"), 5 Sauger
Son In Law..4 Walleye( between 19" + 23"), 2 Sauger
Brother...1 Sauger,2 Walleye 18" and a Burbot
Brothers Buddy...3 Walleye (18"-22")

The way some post...
Headed to the lake. We caught 30 fish. What a great Day !!! :D :D :D :D
I did good...the rest of the group sucked ass.
That is the lake.
So...if you post, tell the real story. I see people posting they caught 60 fish !!! WOW !!! What a great Day !!!
Wiener saugers are not fish, Wiener Walleye are not fish.
fshmanmb has very good posts, not only do you know how many fish but how many people...
AND PICTURES !!!!

Offline fshmanmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fishing Numbers
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2009, 04:31 PM »
Thank you AC. Nice post as well.
In all fairness though, I did lose track of exactly how many my son released. Need some kind of digital recorder or something for days like that,LOL.

Offline IceBrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2009, 04:54 PM »
Sadly weiner walleye/sauger still count as fish to me :(    (however I'm still a learning fisherman)
(but then of course I have always quoted lengths of fish caught)

I do agree with your remarks though, it is always nice if people can give more details e.g. approximate length, keep/return, who caught the fish etc.

How they cooked it?

Offline throwbackjack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2009, 06:08 PM »
Was on the Red yesterday. I was one burbot away from a skunk. You better believe I counted it.

Jack

Offline IceBrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2009, 06:18 PM »
Was on the Red yesterday. I was one burbot away from a skunk. You better believe I counted it.

Jack
did you eat it?  I heard it's tasty!

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2009, 09:13 PM »
Always plenty of "I" teams on fishing forums! :D :D

FF
He who hesitates is lost...

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2009, 09:35 PM »
 Sorry Ac. There was 13 people in the Group that was with us on Saturday they set - up 50 yards North of us and all together the caught "around" 20 Walleye including a 27" (didn't keep track of exactly how many the got). My dad and I caught 20 Walleye and 1 Sauger. I don't know who got what in the other group but My dad and I got 10 Walleye each and I caught the Sauger. I will be more informative next time.

I also replied to a post about Whitemouth Lake. That group had 21 or 22 people, can't remember exactly.
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #7 on: Mar 15, 2009, 09:52 PM »
Right on Ac....BTW....we ...or I mean.....I caught at least  30 Crappies on Saturday  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline gillishammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here fishy fishy fishy
« Reply #8 on: Mar 16, 2009, 09:59 AM »
my last post there was 5 of us fishing on the lake.......26 total fish....i caught 6....1 sauger 5 walleye[18-22] my brother caught 4 walleye...17-23] buddy got 9walleye...18-27.5] another buddy landed 3 walleye...14-22]and his gf had 4 walleye 17-23]...........and ya i counted the sauger  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
GILLISHAMMER

Offline buckster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 16, 2009, 10:50 AM »
was out sunday at the mouth.4 guys  guy 1---0    guy 2---0  guy 3---0 me ---0  so it was an easy count  ;D

Offline HighlandGlen Guide

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Mar 16, 2009, 06:19 PM »
i'll second the every guy in the world out at the lake, i've never seen so many people fishing in one spot in my life, we came from the east and thought we were driving toward winnipeg with all the lights, oh well, we didnt do as good as everyone else i caught 5 and  a buddy caugth one and he missed a few. Oh well great day weather awesome

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 16, 2009, 06:35 PM »
Further to fishing numbers... Fishing posts. A lot of posts read...

Fished at so and so lake in the Whiteshell. Access was good from the campground but parking was limited so get there early. Caught well along the rock face at the north end of the lake. Can't miss it as there is an old jack pine leaning over the lake. Drilled plenty of holes but did best about 200 yards off the rock face as there is a submerged island there. Limited before 10AM. Only saw one other group and they did very good as well. They were fishing close but did not "Lockport" us.

Post should read...

Fished at my favorite walleye lake in the whiteshell. Found a submerged island after plenty of drilling. Walleye were feeding aggressively there until mid morning when the bite slowed. Limited by 10AM. Weather was fine but wind a bit brisk. Great Day out at lake "X" ;D

;) FF

Offline LeeMB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Mar 16, 2009, 07:11 PM »
I seldom if ever post numbers of fish caught. If I post I post what I catch.  I seldom fish with a large group.  Usually only 1 or 2 at the most, usually I fish by my-self, unless guiding.

Sat  fished till 11:30--22 walleye no trophy's
Sunday 3:00-5:30-  took 8 year old daughter out, she caught 6.  I didn't fish.
Monday fished till 11:30-  caught 25 walleye 3 were MA's 1 was a 31" heavy weight.

Offline oleike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 18, 2009, 10:58 AM »
I fish....

Offline LeeMB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Mar 19, 2009, 10:11 AM »
]
I fish....     

................theref ore you are
[/quote]

Offline EEE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Mar 19, 2009, 12:19 PM »
R U kidding me with this stupid post ??? Who r u to tell people how to post comments on this forum !!! I thought that this was sum kinda joke at first,soon realised u werent.U gotta lot of B***'*!!! Oh ya....weiner saugers do count.....a fish is a fish !!! Lighten up Buddy.....no one needs someone to declaire themselves the Ice Shanty Forum Police!!! WHAT A JOKE !!! :%$#!: :callcops: :%$#!: :nono:

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 19, 2009, 12:52 PM »
R U kidding me with this stupid post ??? Who r u to tell people how to post comments on this forum !!! I thought that this was sum kinda joke at first,soon realised u werent.U gotta lot of B***'*!!! Oh ya....weiner saugers do count.....a fish is a fish !!! Lighten up Buddy.....no one needs someone to declaire themselves the Ice Shanty Forum Police!!! WHAT A JOKE !!! :%$#!: :callcops: :%$#!: :nono:

::)

FF

Offline gillishammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here fishy fishy fishy
« Reply #17 on: Mar 19, 2009, 12:55 PM »
lol....i agree EEE,kinda got a 'hero' syndrome
GILLISHAMMER

Offline snap-on

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Mar 19, 2009, 01:01 PM »
sorry there buddy but we didn't that we had to post a certen way on this web site. LMAO but how should we post stuff again there buddy show us once more pleassssseee.  By the way i am LMAO when i saw this one. 

Offline buckster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Mar 19, 2009, 02:09 PM »
Seems to me that some people use this site more as a bragging board.which is fine an all but i think trying to help other fisherman out to improve there odds and maybe catch some fish is a better way to go.like telling what to use and where to go not like spot x  what does that mean? you dont want to give your secret spot away>? hell theres probbly a million wally in that lake so share lol :-*

Offline EEE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Mar 19, 2009, 04:01 PM »
Seems to me that some people use this site more as a bragging board.which is fine an all but i think trying to help other fisherman out to improve there odds and maybe catch some fish is a better way to go.like telling what to use and where to go not like spot x  what does that mean? you dont want to give your secret spot away>? hell theres probbly a million wally in that lake so share lol :-*
I agree !!!

Offline Ac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Mar 20, 2009, 03:35 AM »
Well....I should let you guys go on making fools of yourselves but I will choose to explain my reasoning for the post.
When we go out in a group (say 6 people) to come back and report we caught 60 fish doesn't say much.
The reasoning behind the heading because I was wondering if people out there were having the same situations as us. One guy catches 12 Walleye and 8 dinky Saugers, another catches 9 Walleye and 10 Dinky Saugers, the other 6 Walleye and 15 Saugers ....the other three can't catch a fish if you paid them. It is called "gathering information", no purpose really, just curious.
Personally...I couldn't give a rats a@@ how guys like EEE and gillishammer  prefer to post or what they post. I just don't understand why people like you decide to throw your cr@p into a topic you have no interest in.   ::)
Thanks for those that did respond to the topic in a sensible manner. Also thanks to those that didn't like the topic and decided just not to post.  ;D

Offline fshmanmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Mar 20, 2009, 08:06 AM »
Well put AC.
Probably no more reports from me though as I no longer have 4x4 for access.

Good luck to all in the last week+........the Best is yet to come.

Offline EEE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Mar 20, 2009, 09:31 AM »
Ur a clown buddy !!! Get a life !!! ;D

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Mar 20, 2009, 09:55 AM »
sorry there buddy but we didn't that we had to post a certen way on this web site. LMAO but how should we post stuff again there buddy show us once more pleassssseee.  By the way i am LMAO when i saw this one. 

Snap-on, judging from the calibre of your last few recent posts I wouldn't laugh too hard if I was you. You can try private messaging other members for more precise info as well...that my friend is the magic of forums ;). Many, myself included, are happy to share :).

As for "Gillshammer" and "Triple E", I cannot comment. It is evident they communicate in a dialect known to those fourteen years of age or younger ;D

FF

Offline gillishammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here fishy fishy fishy
« Reply #25 on: Mar 20, 2009, 10:13 AM »
ok this is getting carried away,i think we can all agree that we are all apart of this forum because of comon interesst.might it be time to just 'let it go"?people will post as they want to.i try to post with descriptive information,some what more and or less than others,but needless to say i post as i do for my self to inform others.i reply to ohers on forum and on pm when messaged,to help out if and when i can.no harm done or intended.when on the ice i follow rules and always make sure to walk over to closest fellow fishermen/woman to say hi and chat,looking to make friends...not enemies.so im done defending myself on this post as for AC and FIREFIGHTER who knows mabye next time out i could be fishing beside you and ill be the one walking over to say "hi" with nothing but good intentions....FISH-ON ;D
GILLISHAMMER

Offline snap-on

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Mar 20, 2009, 10:26 AM »
ok this is getting carried away,i think we can all agree that we are all apart of this forum because of comon interesst.might it be time to just 'let it go"?people will post as they want to.i try to post with descriptive information,some what more and or less than others,but needless to say i post as i do for my self to inform others.i reply to ohers on forum and on pm when messaged,to help out if and when i can.no harm done or intended.when on the ice i follow rules and always make sure to walk over to closest fellow fishermen/woman to say hi and chat,looking to make friends...not enemies.so im done defending myself on this post as for AC and FIREFIGHTER who knows mabye next time out i could be fishing beside you and ill be the one walking over to say "hi" with nothing but good intentions....FISH-ON ;D
ya i think so my self ff is telling us how to use this site and it is really pissing me off. Its like he is the founder of it LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Offline Svengalli

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Mar 20, 2009, 10:30 AM »
Can we get back to fishing now?   ;D

Svengalli

Offline gillishammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here fishy fishy fishy
« Reply #28 on: Mar 20, 2009, 10:34 AM »
line in boys.........time to get our fish on !!!
GILLISHAMMER

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Mar 20, 2009, 10:39 AM »
line in boys.........time to get our fish on !!!

10-4.. get out and rip some lips this weekend Bud! :). Good luck ;)

FF

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.