The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: ANYONE OUT THERE?  (Read 1858 times)

Offline clark co. chris

• IceShanty Rookie
ANYONE OUT THERE?
« on: Mar 13, 2009, 01:46 PM »
6 days since anyones posted anything?  Isn't anyone fishing anymore or is the bite so hot that no one has time to get on the computer and let the rest of us in on it?  Went to Mead in central Clark county this morning and did OK, not as well as I hoped but enough for a nice fish fry tonight!
It has nothing to do with the length of your rod, it's all about how you wiggle your worm!

Offline projevus

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ANYONE OUT THERE?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 13, 2009, 09:43 PM »
I'll be going out tomorrow (Sat). I'll check in tomorrow night or sunday and let ya know how it went. Big Blake Lake in Polk county.

Offline backatit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2009, 08:12 AM »
I'll be going out tomorrow (Sat). I'll check in tomorrow night or sunday and let ya know how it went. Big Blake Lake in Polk county.

Was there any ice left ???  Was thinking about going to Wappo or Loveless Monday and was wondering how the ice is holding out.  We were out last weekend and there was still plenty left.  I suppose there will be lots of water on top but that should get the fish biting with alittle extra oxygen.

Offline clark co. chris

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2009, 11:28 AM »
still driving on around these parts-as of Saturday anyway.  Went to Otter lake (SE Chippewa county).  Pretty much not worth my time and pretty disappointing for late ice pan-fishing, but there is plenty of ice- 26-28 inches around the area lakes I've been on the last 1-2 weeks.  Anywhere north of Hwy. 10 or Hwy. 29 should still have good enough ice for a while yet.  60+ degree days this week wont help the situation, and getting on the ice itself may become a chore in some places, but in no way am I even thinking about hanging up the jig poles for AT LEAST another 2 weeks  :icefish:
It has nothing to do with the length of your rod, it's all about how you wiggle your worm!

Offline gasman707

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold is a state of mind!!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 15, 2009, 06:56 PM »
Still driving vehicles out on Shawano this weekend.

Offline projevus

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2009, 07:06 AM »
Was there any ice left ???  Was thinking about going to Wappo or Loveless Monday and was wondering how the ice is holding out.  We were out last weekend and there was still plenty left.  I suppose there will be lots of water on top but that should get the fish biting with alittle extra oxygen.

I was out Saturday, and there was still 2 feet of ice, don't know if there will be any this weekend tho. Fishing wasn't that great either, only a few gills. And had to find them.

Offline Tainterslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 20, 2009, 03:18 PM »
Fished on Tainter earlier in the week, got skunked.

Offline clark co. chris

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 21, 2009, 04:51 PM »
Still fishin' here.  Went to Mead this morning and the ice was still surprisingly decent--no trouble getting on at all.  I was in the channel with about 5 other guys looking for crappie that did not want to co-operate.  None of us any luck.  There were also about 20-25 guys out in the shallower basin on the main lake-comin' and goin' all morning- do'nt know how the bite was out there.

Offline clark co. chris

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2009, 12:44 PM »
Any hardy souls makin' one last trip this weekend in this great state of ours?  Know of a truckload of fellas who took the 2 hour drive NW to Clam Lake on Wednesday, but haven't heard how they did--or even if they got on the ice.  Just kinda' wondering when and where everyone's last trip out is/was this year.  I was still fishing the 1st weekend of April last year, and that was in Central Wisconsin-they got an extra two weeks up north.  Kind of feel we got the short end of the stick this year--just spoiled I guess!

Offline Mr.Buddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I swear there was a fish on!
« Reply #9 on: Apr 01, 2009, 01:08 PM »
our ice turned to crap up here overnight, for a week/week and a half we had temps in the 40-60's plus rain.  The shorelines turned into pure slop,  to much risk for me, i hung it up early this year

oh and yes

IM STILL HERE!!!!
Two fishes swimming side along and one looks at the other and tells him "I had a near death experiance today, I was swimming along and next thing I knew I was getting pulled down a tunnel with a bright light at the end, i got to the light, looked around and my friends and family were there.  And I saw jesus! And he wears a budweiser hat and he said, it is not your time, go back and I will come for you when you are bigger"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.