Author Topic: burbot in a pickerel lake?  (Read 6914 times)

Offline fish_finder

• Team IceShanty Maniac
burbot in a pickerel lake?
« on: Mar 08, 2009, 07:33 AM »
 After readin about some of the pranks pulled i decided to pull one of my own. Thursday i caught a nice burbot and took it home for the fryer. After filleting it i remembered reading on here that someone put the remains of a fish on someones line, so i decided to try the same  :D Well yesterday we had a pickerel tourny, my buddy caught a real nice fish and was rubbing it in before he left to go register it (10 min walk down the lake). While he was doin that i proceeded to go in his portable, pull up his jig rod and hook the burbot remains on his spoon, dropped it back down and drove the rod down the hole so it looked like a fish had taken it. When he got back he was in his glory since he was sitting in 1st(turns out to end up in 5th at the end of the day). Then he saw his rod down the hole, got all excited and started yelling FISH ON! ITS ANOTHER BIG ONE! When he saw the burbot head below the ice his face had a puzzled look,(this lake has next to 0 burbot in it, and small ones at that, and we were in 7 fow  but when he hauled the whole thiing out and realized it was dead and already filleted the look on is face was priceless. He had a few choice words for me but our group and about a half dozen people in the surrounding area had a good laugh  :laugh:
Theres only 3 seasons..open water, hunting and icefishing!

Offline Hookinup

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and release ... into the grease!
Re: burbot in a pickerel lake?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2009, 08:40 AM »
Awesome. I gotta remember that one!!!!!!!!!
Always remember .... they have a brain the size of a pea! How hard can it be? ???

Offline nbguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Death is certain, fishing isn't.
« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2009, 02:24 PM »
Just read that on the other site. Too funny. ;D ;D Would have been funnier if you had of gotten a picture of him when he saw the fish

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 21, 2009, 09:32 AM »
That was a good one! :bow:
QUIT WISHIN AND LETS GO FISHIN !!!

Offline I walk on water!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Apr 08, 2009, 06:57 PM »
 ;D :clap: :roflmao: :thumbsup:

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 07:44 AM »
now thats too funny.
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #6 on: Jun 25, 2009, 07:20 AM »
 :roflmao: :clap: :roflmao:

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Sep 30, 2009, 08:03 PM »
I've got a good dead fish prank for you guys. Unfortunately I was the one that got pranked. I worked in a pizza shop during my younger years. The water I was scrubbing dishes in had been trashed by sauce buckets. I come back from a delivery hustle to the sink to pull the plug and drain the sink. Instead of grabbing the sink plug I grab the carcass of a pickeral that must've been pushing 30". I'll assume the pizza shop would like to remain anonymous for this one.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline Litchfield Fisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 27, 2009, 10:20 PM »
always a good laugh another good one is to tie the ice scoop to a line, it wobles back and forth as it come up feeling like a fish shake its head and fight, the harder they pull the heavier it seems, actualy had guys fight their "prize fish" for 5+ minutes see "color " as it comes up the hole start shaking with anticipation only to find a scoop
ice scoop 9$
look on your buddies face as he catches his "8 lb salmon" priceless
Its not a passion its an obsession

Offline keepah seekah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Oct 27, 2009, 10:32 PM »
always a good laugh another good one is to tie the ice scoop to a line, it wobles back and forth as it come up feeling like a fish shake its head and fight, the harder they pull the heavier it seems, actualy had guys fight their "prize fish" for 5+ minutes see "color " as it comes up the hole start shaking with anticipation only to find a scoop
ice scoop 9$

hahaha, mmmm....i gotta write that one down! might have to try that this season.
i am a big supporter of PETA...."People Eating Tasty Animals"

"the green hornet strikes again gustafson!!!!"

Offline pipes18079

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2010, 09:53 PM »
ice scoop 9$
So does a skillet lol he thought it was a big laker! he faught it for like five minutes my buddy will never forgive me for that one

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.