Author Topic: Please sign our online Petitions to NH Fish and Game  (Read 1573 times)

Offline NHIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Please sign our online Petitions to NH Fish and Game
« on: Mar 02, 2009, 09:38 AM »
Hi all, You've recently seen the Spofford Lake Ice fishing post to life the ban on ice fishing.  Rick over at the ice hole started this movement and has agreed to help by hosting the petitions online so folks can send in an email and support the cause.   The more folks that fish in NH waters that send in an email and support this, Fish and Game will react and change the rules. Let the people Speak! Your email will only be forwarded to NH Fish and Game and will not be used for any other purposes.

We have 2 Petitions online that we need your help with:

1) SPOFFORD LAKE - PETITION TO REMOVE BAN ON ICE FISHING
2) SILVER LAKE HOLLIS NH, PETITION TO STOCK WITH RAINBOW & BROWN TROUT

Please visit the http://www.iceholebaitshop.com/index.php/links/fish-and-game-petitions-help-us-change-the-rules/ page for details and for the email address

Thanks for your support and if we hear anything about the status of either movement, we will be sure to post an update.  Please help keep this thread alive so we can get as many eyes onto this as possible!  Thanks to all the great folks here at the Ice Shanty!

-Eric

Offline anrik1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • gotch Ya !!
Re: Please sign our online Petitions to NH Fish and Game
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2009, 12:04 PM »
I've signed.  Thanks Eric.  See you soon.  When did perk catch that bass?

Offline slip_knot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2009, 01:22 PM »
Why is there currently a ban on ice fishing at Spofford Lake? Is it a resevoir for the town or something? Or is there a "lake association" that fought for its closure? Curious.
I am human. I am a predator. Don't ask me why I'm staring down a hole, waiting for a fish to bite. Its instinctive and I refuse to fight it.

Offline NHIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2009, 01:33 PM »
See this thread for more info on the Spofford lake ban on ice fishing
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=111852.0

If you are interested in helping us out please head over to ICEHOLEBAITSHOP.COM and send us an email as per the directions on the ONLINE PETITION page, under the LINKS page

thanks for the help

Offline slip_knot

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2009, 04:06 PM »
Thats a pretty slimy reason to have a water body shut down. I hate stuff like that. I'll sign the petition.
I am human. I am a predator. Don't ask me why I'm staring down a hole, waiting for a fish to bite. Its instinctive and I refuse to fight it.

Offline NHIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2009, 07:00 AM »
bump...

Offline NHIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 03, 2009, 03:08 PM »
any help on this would be appreciated, we hope to send the list of names to NH F+G by the end of this week
Thanks for your help!

-Eric

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #7 on: Mar 03, 2009, 04:40 PM »
spofford use to be open to ice fishing wasn't it? when did they shut it down this year?

Catch A Buzz

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Mar 03, 2009, 07:51 PM »
Bump

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 04, 2009, 06:15 AM »
Done ;D
james

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
« Reply #10 on: Mar 04, 2009, 11:43 AM »
done deal
Pirk
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline anrik1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • gotch Ya !!
« Reply #11 on: Mar 05, 2009, 05:23 AM »
I'm trying to keep on front page.  Come on guys, simple little 2 minutes. We need your help.  Our efforts can make a big change. thanks to those who have signed.  Have a great day everyone.

Offline NHIceMan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 05, 2009, 07:21 AM »
I sent an e-mail regarding the petition for Spofford Lake.  However I did not send one in favor of stocking bow and browns in the other lake.  I don't know much about that issue and I prefer not to sent mixed signals to NH F&G.  We should really concentrate on fighting one thing at a time so our message is VERY clear to those who need to listen.  Stocking fish in another lake not related to Spofford is a fight for another day in my humble opinion.

Thanks, we have 2 separate petitions here, one that Rick started, and one that I started.  I live on Silver lake in Hollis and have for 10+ years.  The main issue here is the LACK OF TROUT ponds in the Southern NH area.  If I want to Ice fish for trout, I have to head west, north or east 30 minutes to find a trout pond that has trout.  Cobbets is probably closest, but impossible in the summer, and tough in the winter due to the parking nazi's.  Yet, I can head 10 min south into MASS, and find a trout pond in Groton MA.  I simply started the Silver lake petition to get F+G to realize 2 things:

1) a big HOLE in southern NH for trout lakes and ponds
2) Silver Lake in Hollis is spring fed and cold down deep, clean, 28 feet at it's deepest, and is a great candidate

F+G came here, checked it out, agree that it can hold them, but when I spoke with them, they are more concerned that I'm the only one that wants to fish for trout in Southern NH.  Not true, I think if more sportsmen knew about trout here, they would love to come and fish for them.  I've also contacted the Merrimack Chapter of Trout Unlimited and asked them to review the petition and have members jump on board.  They also agree with me that having trout in Southern NH would be a good thing. 

Just my 2 cents on this issue, they are 2 separate petitions, but if you use the local resources and think you would benefit by signing either or both of the Petitions, we please ask that you do.  I will be sending the Silver lake list to NH F+G by tomorrow, since they are making the final decisions on stocking right now.  We could get this done in a few more weeks and have trout to fish for by opening day

Thanks for all of your support already

-Eric
NHIceMan

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.