The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Went home Gatorless...  (Read 555 times)

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Went home Gatorless...
« on: Mar 01, 2009, 11:31 AM »
First off I'm not bitter or angry at all...just a little disappointed in that maybe I should have stayed a little closer to "home". I did however, somewhat in jest, ask if we needed to be present or coherent to win (no response) and also heard that the list with our name and number on it was for that reason. In any event,had a great time meeting everyone,lotsa' fun and "maybe" 1 too many beers. And to you Mud,great job!!...still amazed how you got all your gear plus the kitchen sink in your van ;D. OH! and whoever got the Gator (never heard), let me be the first to nominate you as the person to punch everyones holes next year  ;)...Caddy
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Marcum Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Went home Gatorless...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2009, 12:41 PM »
Caddy, You are a good sport, wish I could have been there.........MM

Offline bigJ108

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2009, 06:17 PM »
Caddy, anytime you want to go out fishing i will cut you as many holes as you need!!  i am the one with the second winning ticket! 

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2009, 08:38 AM »
Congrats Big J...enjoy...call ya' when I need ya' ;)

With that said,a little more information has come to me in regards to the raffle/door prizes and the way it went down. As with most drawings like this, and I'll say 99% giving 1% for error,you either have to be present or you don't...which begs the questions:

1) It was never said we had to be present or not (and I did ask with no response)
2) Names and phone #'s were written down at the same time tickets were being handed out...why? Kinda thought that answered the first question.
3) One persons ticket,that I know of, was drawn and the prize set aside and picked up when he returned to "base". Then another ticket was drawn, for another prize.When that person returned he found that his ticket was drawn,tossed out and another ticket drawn.

As I stated above,no specifics or criteria was given as to how or when the drawing would be handled, one would have to believe that there were some unknown double standards involved here. And as I wrote in my previous post, I am not bitter, but I am disappointed that this does show,IMO, some diminished ethic and moral values for which we as sportsmen (and women) take pride in. But I will accept and be part of the 1% error I mentioned. And I will end this by saying I am truly sorry for having to post this...but I am not one to hold things in...it's not healthy for me. This is a wonderful site with a great bunch of people and I just want to say and do my part in keeping it that way. Regards...Caddy
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.