The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: sebago lakers  (Read 9060 times)

Offline 1926

• IceShanty Rookie
sebago lakers
« on: Feb 28, 2009, 02:48 PM »
what depth of water for jiging lakers,best time to of day to catch them.

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
Re: sebago lakers
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2009, 03:07 PM »
20' - 200'
sun up to sun down

Offline salmon44

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2009, 03:11 PM »
Right on, just keep jigging, keep moving, looking for honey holes...

Offline Loves To Fish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2009, 03:15 PM »
20' - 200'
sun up to sun down

Don't be too specific, Mark. :D :D

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2009, 03:53 PM »

Don't be too specific, Mark. :D :D
As you know you can catch them just about anywhere on that lake ;) but the key is to keep moving until you find them ;D

Offline COREYMAC20

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2010, 08:41 PM »
FISHED FRIDAY WITH A BUDDY OF MINE FROM 6A-1130A.  FISHED IN 10-85FT OF WATER.  SET OUT TRAPS AT ALL DEPTHS WITH DEAD AND LIVE SUCKERS.  DRILLED ANG JIGGED AN ADDITIONAL 30-40+ HOLES AT ALL DEPTHS.  TRIED EVERY JIG KNOWN TO MAN FROM AIRPLANES, TUBE JIGS, BUCKTAILS, PIMPLES, ETC.  SWITCHED ALL DIFFERENT COLORS AS WELL.  ALL JIGS WERE TIPPED WITH BAIT (CUT SUCKER- ABOUT A 1.5 INCH LONG BY 1 INCH WIDE WITH TAIL END FORKED.)  NOT EVEN A NIBBLE.  WHAT DO YOU GUYS SUGGEST TO GET THESE TOGUE TO HIT?  COULD HAVE BEEN THE DAY, WHO KNOWS.  RELOCATED TO AN ADJACENT SPOT WITH SAME RESULTS.  DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD HAVE KEPT MOVING OR WAS IT A DIFFERENT ISSUE?  ANY ADVICE FROM THE PROS WOULD BE HELPFUL.

Offline savage

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 14, 2010, 08:52 PM »
well coreymac....you werent fishing with me...savage aka grant! the other being you have stone hands!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline rubline

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 14, 2010, 09:07 PM »
  Dynamite could help a little  :o

Offline tcfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 14, 2010, 09:30 PM »

I can't help much   been out a few times myself and haven't done a thing either  :(
 Actually just got back from a late afternoon togueing and nite cusking jaunt and got the skunk AGAIN !
         Almost ready to throw in the towel
i ain't scared

Offline COREYMAC20

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 14, 2010, 10:25 PM »
SAVAGE:  THOUGHT YOU WERE OUT TO SEA?  ALSO IF I REMEMBER CORRECT LAST DERBY YOU AND YOUR PEEPS WERE 0 FOR THE DERBY WHILE ME AND MY BOYS WERE CATCHING TOGUE .  I OFFERED TO COME AND GET YOU BUT YOU GUYS WERE RELUCTANT.  ARE YOU HOME THIS WEEKEND?  AM GOING TO TRY TO MAKE PART OF THE DERBY BUT NOT SURE AS WIFEY PICKED UP WORK.  IF SHE GETS CALLED OUT, IT IS ON.

Offline SebagoSlayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 14, 2010, 11:26 PM »
FISHED FRIDAY WITH A BUDDY OF MINE FROM 6A-1130A.  FISHED IN 10-85FT OF WATER.  SET OUT TRAPS AT ALL DEPTHS WITH DEAD AND LIVE SUCKERS.  DRILLED ANG JIGGED AN ADDITIONAL 30-40+ HOLES AT ALL DEPTHS.  TRIED EVERY JIG KNOWN TO MAN FROM AIRPLANES, TUBE JIGS, BUCKTAILS, PIMPLES, ETC.  SWITCHED ALL DIFFERENT COLORS AS WELL.  ALL JIGS WERE TIPPED WITH BAIT (CUT SUCKER- ABOUT A 1.5 INCH LONG BY 1 INCH WIDE WITH TAIL END FORKED.)  NOT EVEN A NIBBLE.  WHAT DO YOU GUYS SUGGEST TO GET THESE TOGUE TO HIT?  COULD HAVE BEEN THE DAY, WHO KNOWS.  RELOCATED TO AN ADJACENT SPOT WITH SAME RESULTS.  DO YOU THINK WE SHOULD HAVE KEPT MOVING OR WAS IT A DIFFERENT ISSUE?  ANY ADVICE FROM THE PROS WOULD BE HELPFUL.

I went saturday and did the same thing except i fished from 6-5 only one hit jiggin it sucked

Offline COREYMAC20

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 15, 2010, 12:18 AM »
I went saturday and did the same thing except i fished from 6-5 only one hit jiggin it sucked

I AM CONVINCED THE ONLY WAY TO CATCH TOGUE IS TO KEEP MOVING.   DRILL 10-20 HOLES AND JIG EACH ONE FOR 5-10 MINS.  IF NOTHING MOVE AND DRILL 10 MORE AND DO THE SAME.  THE ONLY TIME WE HAD REAL DECENT LUCK WAS LAST YEAR IN THE DERBY.  MY BUDDY'S FRIENDS HAD FLASHERS WHICH MADE IT SUPER EASY TO KNOW IF THERE WERE FISH IN THE AREA.  VERY INTERESTING BUT KIND OF TAKES THE FISHING OUT OF FISHING.  DON'T GET ME WRONG.......IF I HAD 500 BUCKS I WOULD HAVE ONE NOW.   I GUESS IT IS LIKE ANYTHING, IF YOU PUT IN THE TIME YOU WILL BE REWARDED.   

Offline kezarking

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Feb 15, 2010, 05:11 AM »
SAVAGE:  THOUGHT YOU WERE OUT TO SEA?  ALSO IF I REMEMBER CORRECT LAST DERBY YOU AND YOUR PEEPS WERE 0 FOR THE DERBY WHILE ME AND MY BOYS WERE CATCHING TOGUE .  I OFFERED TO COME AND GET YOU BUT YOU GUYS WERE RELUCTANT.  ARE YOU HOME THIS WEEKEND?  AM GOING TO TRY TO MAKE PART OF THE DERBY BUT NOT SURE AS WIFEY PICKED UP WORK.  IF SHE GETS CALLED OUT, IT IS ON.

believe savage was just fine where he was last year............ u catch 67 fish in a 4 day period urself??? ur ole lady workin nites i thoght?? real late?? u should make the derby this year n we can show u what a jigpole is. ask ur boy grant.

Offline savage

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 15, 2010, 06:32 AM »
kezar always stirring up the ole pot...i love it! im out to sea corey, be home the 3rd. 3 weeks off for massive fish slayings.

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
« Reply #14 on: Feb 15, 2010, 07:43 AM »
I didn't think there was any ice on Sebago, so I didn't sign up for the derby.  :-\
Steve

Offline nofishin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 15, 2010, 08:01 AM »
I didn't think there was any ice on Sebago, so I didn't sign up for the derby.  :-\
theres ice but be careful

Offline bassmaster99

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Feb 15, 2010, 10:19 AM »
sebago derby is no longer biggest togue this year anyways. It is largest pickeral.

Offline SebagoSlayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Feb 15, 2010, 10:23 AM »
sebago derby is no longer biggest togue this year anyways. It is largest pickeral.

Don't be starting rumors some people might believe this.

Offline bassmaster99

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 15, 2010, 01:23 PM »
haha if some people believe this then they deserve to be fishing for two days in the weeds. get a grip my friend. simple joke.

Offline SebagoSlayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Feb 15, 2010, 01:38 PM »
haha if some people believe this then they deserve to be fishing for two days in the weeds. get a grip my friend. simple joke.

Well theres enough people on here thinking the derby will be cancelled and this doesnt help my friend.

Offline bassmaster99

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Feb 15, 2010, 01:42 PM »
well if these people think the derby isnt going to happen and i say that the category has changed to "pickeral" then what i said would be irrelevant anyways now wouldn't it? so it does not hurt. actually me saying that the category changed would help because the people who thought the derby was off would have to question why the category changed if the derby was off, now wouldn't they. haha

Offline SebagoSlayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Feb 15, 2010, 01:46 PM »
well if these people think the derby isnt going to happen and i say that the category has changed to "pickeral" then what i said would be irrelevant anyways now wouldn't it? so it does not hurt. actually me saying that the category changed would help because the people who thought the derby was off would have to question why the category changed if the derby was off, now wouldn't they. haha

Now wouldnt they be confused now wouldnt they. Keyboard arguing is stupid.

Offline bassmaster99

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Feb 15, 2010, 04:22 PM »
ya it is. wouldnt happen if  tough guys would keep their mouths shut. one guy says something simple and makes a joke and then someone turns it into a problem.

Offline SebagoSlayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Feb 15, 2010, 04:54 PM »
ya it is. wouldnt happen if  tough guys would keep their mouths shut. one guy says something simple and makes a joke and then someone turns it into a problem.

and one guy carries on

Offline COREYMAC20

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Feb 15, 2010, 07:35 PM »
believe savage was just fine where he was last year............ u catch 67 fish in a 4 day period urself??? ur ole lady workin nites i thoght?? real late?? u should make the derby this year n we can show u what a jigpole is. ask ur boy grant.

THINKING ABOUT HITTING IT ON FRIDAY.  ARE YOU DOWN?  WHO CAUGHT 67 FISH IN A 4 DAY PERIOD?  LETS DO THIS.  WHO THE F**K AM I WRITING TO ANYWAY.  SEND ME AN EMAIL AT [email protected]

Offline fishfry101

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GOTTA HOOK IT TO COOK IT
« Reply #25 on: Feb 15, 2010, 08:17 PM »
what!?  The derby is canceled and we have to catch a pickerel to win!!!  I'm confused....coments like this is what is making me wonder about this forum...to many lies out there.  I agree slayer to need to start rumors...

Offline savage

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Feb 15, 2010, 08:33 PM »
no in all seriousness....the derby this year is biggest bucket of perch!!! im pushing for 5-5gal buckets for the weekend. ill be using 12" suckers off bottom in 140' of water. bassmaster you goin to actually get more then 2 perch outta the sticky river er wut? terribel performance last year! kezar, ill be targeting large cusk with your jig pole, may bring in a togue though!!!

Offline bassmaster99

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Feb 15, 2010, 08:43 PM »
haha. i think it should be biggest crappie. i got a spot

Offline savage

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #28 on: Feb 15, 2010, 08:55 PM »
crappy generally hang suspended in the deepest of spots preferrably 316' feet of water. ill be fishing them too! large whitefish as bait. works great bassmaster

Offline bassmaster99

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #29 on: Feb 15, 2010, 09:00 PM »
one of my good friends who is called idrillbigholes says that the best way to catch a huge crappie is use a live chicken and drop it to the bottom with a swivel hook

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.