The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: panfish in Southwest Wyoming?  (Read 1009 times)

Offline fshhed

• IceShanty Rookie
panfish in Southwest Wyoming?
« on: Feb 24, 2009, 02:47 PM »
Hello all,
I was wondering if there was anybody out there with a panfish update around southwest Wyoming, or neighboring states. Looking to try something other than Macks this weekend. Thanks and fish on!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
Re: panfish update
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2009, 03:43 PM »
I can't help you on the panfish update, but welcome to Iceshanty Wyoming  ;D please take time to introduce yourself to the guys on the thread atop this page, you'll like it here, tight lines, Don
                                                             LT
                                                             Iceshanty Moderator  :tipup:

Offline Dorado

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2009, 04:51 PM »
Trout are pretty much what you have to choose from in SW Wyoming, it is all (mostly) over 6,000 feet.  You can try for burbot at Big Sandy, Fontenelle or the Gorge for a change and a shot at some tasty white filets. 

Where would you be driving from?  I think there are some lakes in UT not too far from Evanston that have perch...

Offline Moose-51

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Here kitty kitty kitty.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2009, 05:32 PM »
Mantua, UT has excellent blue gill and perch fishing.

Echo Reservoir, UT has some decent perch fishing but it's been spotty this winter.

Pineview Reservoir, UT is full of nice crappie / perch and tiger muskie too.
"Can you smell em yet?"

Offline fshhed

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2009, 10:12 PM »
Mantua, UT has excellent blue gill and perch fishing.

Echo Reservoir, UT has some decent perch fishing but it's been spotty this winter.

Pineview Reservoir, UT is full of nice crappie / perch and tiger muskie too.
Trout are pretty much what you have to choose from in SW Wyoming, it is all (mostly) over 6,000 feet.  You can try for burbot at Big Sandy, Fontenelle or the Gorge for a change and a shot at some tasty white filets. 

Where would you be driving from?  I think there are some lakes in UT not too far from Evanston that have perch...

Dorado, I am living in Green River and yes have had some good fishing for "eel pout" on Fontenelle and the Gorge, although the Gorge has been spotty. Big ling out of Fontenelle though, up to 31 inches. MooseJuice, thanks for the info. on the UT lakes. I checked out the Mantua Res. and it had a report from the 10th Feb. that sounded positive. I will look into Echo and Pineview tomorrow and try to make a decision. I want to thank you dudes for the info. and good luck this weekend if you are able to hit the water. FSHHED

Offline fshhed

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: panfish in Southwest Wyoming?
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2009, 10:57 PM »
I changed the subject line, it may have been misleading. My apologies, new to the site.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.