Author Topic: UFO LED LIGHTS  (Read 1902 times)

Offline Knoodles

• Team IceShanty Addict
UFO LED LIGHTS
« on: Feb 22, 2009, 03:05 PM »
Good day,

Wondering who has used these (UFO LED lights) to light a portable shack?  How bright are they and how long do the 4AA batteries last?

I am thinking about using two of them to light a 2 man flip over shack; just hang them from the center brace.

thanks.

Offline ih772

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: UFO LED LIGHTS
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2009, 03:11 PM »
They work really well. I use rechargeable batteries and they last several hours.

Offline pgachef

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2009, 03:17 PM »
I use one camping in summer they work great..   thanks,  now its going  in  the shappell !!

Offline juniatabassman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2009, 03:48 PM »
I use one it might have about 8 hours on it and haven't had to change batteries yet. I use it in a clam pro and it lights it right up in there.

Offline damanfrgr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Well I guess!!!LETS DO THIS
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2009, 03:52 PM »
use one in my eskimo e3 and it nice as long as its dark out not at night fall its kinda spotlight in the dusk but at dark its great!!!
FISH:)mmm good

Offline TravP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2009, 04:10 PM »
I bought 2 from Northern Tool and they were both junk. Batteries wouldn't last and they would flicker. There are better options out there.

Offline Knoodles

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 22, 2009, 04:15 PM »
I bought 2 from Northern Tool and they were both junk. Batteries wouldn't last and they would flicker. There are better options out there.

what do you think are better options?

thanks

Offline TravP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 22, 2009, 04:18 PM »
Google best hong kong. Led rope lights. They light up your shack like daytime. Run them off your vex battery. They put the clam rope lights to shame.

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 22, 2009, 04:20 PM »
They are great. Thanks walmart. Be careful packing them, they turn on easy
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline twintrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin for dinner
« Reply #9 on: Feb 22, 2009, 05:12 PM »
I love mine Be shure when your movin around to keep it in a ziplock baggie. Water and lights dont mix well ..... trust me ::)

Get'em   you can clip it anywhere. Batt life seems great.

Offline Knoodles

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 22, 2009, 09:16 PM »
Well i just went to Walmart and they had an HT model (ufo style that is).  24 lights on the outside and 4 (beam) lights in the middle.  this baby is BRITE when it is all lit up.  I paid nine bucks for it.  let me tell you, if the batteries last in these i will never use a the ole propane lattern again.  I suppose if i can get a good 10 hours out of a set of batteries i would be happy.

The HT model also has magnets.  they stick right to my center roof tube.  I shook the hell out of the shack and the magnets didnt let loose.  you can put the lights on the side poles and point them str8 down at your holes, put them right over the top of you, etc. 

no worries about a hot lantern, mantels, etc.  also they take up NO room. 

i am tempted to leave the light on over night just to check the battery life?  i will report back after a few trips on the ice. 

Offline SkeeterJeff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • SPUD, SPUD, SPUD!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: Feb 22, 2009, 09:30 PM »
I have some that I bought off of ebay, sixty LED's each, three settings (20, 40, 60).  Put out a lot of light in my Clam Scout, but we had two of 'em in the Yukon and I was dissapointed.  The metal rings will pull out easy, so you have to be careful.  I've lost one already.  Battery cover lock is fragile, but a piece of electrcal tape will keep it on after the lock breaks.  They have a magnet in the center that holds it just fine in the Scout, but the hoops in the Yukon are aluminum, so don't lose the metal rings.  I haven't had mine long enough to get and idea about battery life. 

Here is what I got:

http://cgi.ebay.com/UFO-60-LED-Multi-Function-Camping-Light-Lantern-Outdoor_W0QQitemZ230326864815QQihZ013QQcategoryZ36112QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jeff

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #12 on: Feb 23, 2009, 09:10 PM »
I have some that I bought off of ebay, sixty LED's each, three settings (20, 40, 60).  Put out a lot of light in my Clam Scout, but we had two of 'em in the Yukon and I was dissapointed.  The metal rings will pull out easy, so you have to be careful.  I've lost one already.  Battery cover lock is fragile, but a piece of electrcal tape will keep it on after the lock breaks.  They have a magnet in the center that holds it just fine in the Scout, but the hoops in the Yukon are aluminum, so don't lose the metal rings.  I haven't had mine long enough to get and idea about battery life. 

Here is what I got:

http://cgi.ebay.com/UFO-60-LED-Multi-Function-Camping-Light-Lantern-Outdoor_W0QQitemZ230326864815QQihZ013QQcategoryZ36112QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Jeff

I have the same UFO light and really like it. It does a real good job in my Frabill XLT.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #13 on: Feb 24, 2009, 04:31 AM »
Another No vote on the HT UFO's.  I have two and not only do they turn on by accident, (cheesy button on light face), but the insert inside the center is a waste of plastic.  Even two do not have sufficient light to illuminate a QF3 in the early AM and makes it impossible to tie a hook up with its dim rays.  I use a re chargable LED mechanics light bar, (Shucks, wally world, or napa has em') and a light rope.  IMHO, pay a couple extra bucks and buy brighter LEDs.

They do make nice lights for a lightweight tent!!!! ;)
TEAM ALASKA

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.