Author Topic: 100 Trucks on the ice at matlock and no reports???  (Read 1033 times)

Offline waler

• IceShanty Rookie
100 Trucks on the ice at matlock and no reports???
« on: Feb 21, 2009, 10:28 PM »
Hit the lake today at 6.30 am , tried 30 min close to the shacks by the pressureridge, no baits and nothing to see on the markum. Moved to the mouth after that and got 4 nice keepers in 6 FOW till 11 am.
How did everybody else make out there today? There were probably 100 Trucks on the ice and nobody is reporting? ???

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
Re: 100 Trucks on the ice at matlock and no reports???
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2009, 06:28 AM »
I  was at work >:(
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline high on ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2009, 09:09 AM »
I was out! About 2/3s way between the mouth and the rock pile. We didnt get out till about 930 or 10. Between 3 of us we caught 15 between then and 2! Including one 29" hog and a couple of 24s. I caught the 29 on a cidica but the lure of the day seemed to be a 1/4 once white glow in the dark jig with a neon orange eye tipped with a saltie in about 10 FOW!!! Accessed from breezy and the ride is nice and smooth in comparison to chalet!

Offline firefighter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2009, 09:37 AM »
Hit the lake today at 6.30 am , tried 30 min close to the shacks by the pressureridge, no baits and nothing to see on the markum. Moved to the mouth after that and got 4 nice keepers in 6 FOW till 11 am.
How did everybody else make out there today? There were probably 100 Trucks on the ice and nobody is reporting? ???

A lot of guys are not posting much anymore as the place is getting overrun. Astounding how much popularity has been drummed up through the internet...even from last year. still it's nice to chat a bit about our exploits! ;)

FF
He who hesitates is lost...

Offline fshmanmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2009, 09:41 AM »
FF....there's not even CLOSE to 1/2 the people fishing there this year compared to last. Maybe 1/10 at the most. Anyways, here's my report.
We did ok there....about 9' of water; out from the mouth, closer to the heave. Day started off great when my son caught a nice fat 26"+(released) when we only had one line in. I ended up having to dive down the hole after her as she came off 2/3 way up the hole. Getting sick of diving down holes every weekend,LOL. Thought the day would have been much better than it was, seeing as we were marking them before it was totally light out.
I did finally end up getting my limit of nice eaters.....17"-12 1/2", but it took until 4:30 to do it. Besides the bigger one, my son ended up with 2 nice eaters, 20" & 21 1/2". We both lost a few nice ones throughout the day & my son marked a lot on the flasher that just wouldn't bite or if they did was very light.

I'd post a few pics but this site is just too wacky the way the pics work.....not worth my time.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.