Author Topic: EOM  (Read 1523 times)

Offline 5 X Master Angler

• Team IceShanty Regular
EOM
« on: Feb 21, 2009, 07:54 PM »
Went there today and NADA!  Was anyone else there today? How did you do?
Early to bed,
Early to rise!
Fish all day,
and make up lies!

Offline HOS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: EOM
« Reply #1 on: Feb 22, 2009, 05:47 PM »
We went out just north of the lagoon. Caught only ONE Walleye. Approx. 12 inches long HUGE!!! :)

Went back to the shack at CIL road and caught a 12 inch Sauger! :)

My Cousin and his son got Skunked!

We talked to a few people out there and not much luck for anyone both at EOM and CIL.

I was surprised to see how well the river trails are. You could probably drive out to the mouth of the lake if you wanted to.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 22, 2009, 08:09 PM »
Is it my imagination?  Yesterday we were at EOM and we had a tough time drilling the ice.  I didn't do anything to the blades and my auger cut great at Sugar Island.  Can there be a difference in ice?  I always thought ice was ice!
Early to bed,
Early to rise!
Fish all day,
and make up lies!

Offline HOS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 23, 2009, 06:41 AM »
the ice where we were fishing (north of EOM) was really "choppy" but we we didn't have too much difficulty drilling through it, not like the ice at CIL were a lot of it is mixed with mud (it seems)...

Offline tokr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2009, 09:44 PM »
We were out on Lake Winnipeg on Saturday. There was a few convoys of trucks driving from EOM all the way out to the mouth and out on the Lake. As a matter of fact we did see 1 car, yes I said car, drive out to the Lake.

Offline Pembina

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2009, 12:25 AM »
Is it my imagination?  Yesterday we were at EOM and we had a tough time drilling the ice.  I didn't do anything to the blades and my auger cut great at Sugar Island.  Can there be a difference in ice?  I always thought ice was ice!
Not sure what the ice was like there, but on Lake Winnipeg it was really mixed.  If I hit anything with slush on the cold days the slush would freeze on the bottow of the cutting plate and prevent the blade from cutting.  A few whacks from my ice scoop to knock off the now frozen slush and cut like new again. Real nuisance.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2009, 11:49 AM »
Not sure what the ice was like there, but on Lake Winnipeg it was really mixed.  If I hit anything with slush on the cold days the slush would freeze on the bottow of the cutting plate and prevent the blade from cutting.  A few whacks from my ice scoop to knock off the now frozen slush and cut like new again. Real nuisance.

That makes sence now.  When we went on Saturday, the auger was in the trailer.  Therefore it was cold. Sunday I put it in the vehicle and it was warm and that is when it cut good.
Early to bed,
Early to rise!
Fish all day,
and make up lies!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.