Author Topic: Whose fishing the YOJ Tourney?  (Read 910 times)

Offline Wizzofd69

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hard Water 2012
Whose fishing the YOJ Tourney?
« on: Feb 20, 2009, 01:03 AM »
Just wondering whose all going to be fishing and if anyone has an idea of were they will be fishing, heard aeroflex ice isnt doing so well!

Offline JIFFY06

• IceShanty Rookie
  • BassAssassin
Re: Whose fishing the YOJ Tourney?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2009, 06:48 AM »
Ice is OK. YOJ would have canceled tourny if not.

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2009, 09:23 AM »
I heard the ice itself is OK .. the shoreline wasn't looking so good.

In case it wasn't mentioned you have to sign up on Saturday morning. I called him about our get together and if we could sign up Sunday for the day. I stated many of us are coming from a distance and can't fish both days. He said he wanted everyone signed up prior to the tourney to prevent any form of cheating but he may make list if I give him the names the day before. I didn't think this made sense because no one is at any of the lakes monitoring any way.
Also since the weigh in is at the shop that virtually eliminates any catch and release. JMO

I think a better alternative would be to have 1 representative from the Lake Aeroflex Trout Club at each of the 4 lakes/ponds to weigh/measure and record an entry. This way the fish could be released instead of sitting in a bucket all day and going to the shop. Fifty percent of the entry fee's are going to the LATC stocking fund which is a good cause.

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline Tep151

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice is Nice!!!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2009, 11:24 AM »
I signed up yesterday amd plan on fishing Sunday most likly at Aeroflex....i have never fished any of the 4 lakes in the contest so anywhere is as good for me...

Send me a PM if you want to hook up and fish together, i will have my marcum camera with me as well...

Tep

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2009, 06:56 PM »

I just got off the phone with Terry from YOJ's. If anyone would like to participate in the tourney on Sunday they can call him tomorrow and he'll make a list with your names. You can stop in the shop on Sunday morning and enter.
You can also call the shop during the tourney for up to date leading entries to promote catch & release. Also there will be members from LATC participating in the tourney on each lake/pond.

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline Wizzofd69

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hard Water 2012
« Reply #5 on: Feb 20, 2009, 08:48 PM »
Hey tep i will mostly likely be at aeroflex on sunday fishing off the back hump.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.