Author Topic: Ice reports?  (Read 1471 times)

Offline j.mongo

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice reports?
« on: Feb 18, 2009, 07:15 AM »
Going out today.Gonna look around.I will post when i get in this evening.If you have any info on the ice let me know.Thanx.

Offline Mhofferman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ice reports?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2009, 04:20 PM »
Looking at heading up to NE Indiana this weekend and fishing sat-mon. If anyone has any ice conditions for this area over the next few days I would be greatly appreciative. Obviously, the spud and picks will be with us, but if you have been on any ice up this way or have driven by and seen anyone out there I would love to know! Thx in advance and tight lines to ya if you can find good hardwater!!  ;D

Offline splash

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Its how you thumb it that counts
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2009, 05:32 PM »
Drive by pleasant lake(lakeville) almost every day.Last nite 6pm 12-15 ft open water along nw side.8am today7am close to50 ft open.
With the temps dropping & a couple of in. snow forecast i hope no one gets the false security feeling its just going to hide the inevitable.
I push the season but am puttin off gion til after the weekend temp drop don't wanna get wet again this year.
If you go pretend you are a boy scout again and remember"ALWAYS BE PREPARED'.

SPLASH

Offline j.mongo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2009, 07:58 PM »
just got home.saw four people out in front of condo`s on james this morning.No one on crooked or silver.One guy on north end of clear.Ended up on round lake.Got one nice crappie.Marked alot but they weren`t in the mood i guess.Must be the barometer it`s way down.There was eight inches of ice.The lake is open from the bridge over to the creek.

Offline Kinger53

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2009, 09:03 PM »
Checked the boat launch on Simonton, no one out but there appeared to be some decent ice once you got past the first 4-5 feet from the edge.  I'd be REAL careful though, evidently there are a number of springs out there.

Offline PlymouthJim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2009, 05:55 AM »
Drive by pleasant lake(lakeville) almost every day.Last nite 6pm 12-15 ft open water along nw side.8am today7am close to50 ft open.
With the temps dropping & a couple of in. snow forecast i hope no one gets the false security feeling its just going to hide the inevitable.
I push the season but am puttin off gion til after the weekend temp drop don't wanna get wet again this year.
If you go pretend you are a boy scout again and remember"ALWAYS BE PREPARED'.

SPLASH
I was up there Sat and the east side by kellys bait was open 35 yds out about 200 yrs long from the launch south.The ditch by the launch keeps that area open as soon as it gets warm every year

Offline walkerd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2009, 10:30 AM »
Does that lake ever freeze over completely, dont think I have ever seen it completely frozen.

Offline PlymouthJim

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2009, 10:45 AM »
Yes it was froze this year but with the ditch I would not walk on it.I get on from the bait shop.I mostly fish Riddle's. Did good last year poor this year.You have to know someone or be a member to get access in the winter.Summer time you can go threw a channel to get on.Its around a mile away or maybe more.They stock eye's in now.I think they started in 2000 so there are some good size ones in there.

Offline fishinfiend

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 19, 2009, 03:36 PM »
Checked the boat launch on Simonton, no one out but there appeared to be some decent ice once you got past the first 4-5 feet from the edge.  I'd be REAL careful though, evidently there are a number of springs out there.

I have heard the same thing about Simonton lake, lots of springs to the left of the launch!!

Offline bluegillmaster2011

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • fish on!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 19, 2009, 06:00 PM »
chain 'o lakes in lydick has got some springs on it too! i have heard about two for sure on the big lake, one straight out from the water slide about 200 yards and one over by the sand bar. on the little lake i know for sure there is one in about the center near the shore with the houses. my dad drilled a hole and went around about 3 times and the auger went through when all day we were drillin 12 inches, then all the way over in the back corner of the little lake i heard there are a few but im not sure exactly where

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.