The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Upper and Lower Sunshine?  (Read 1762 times)

Offline emholden

• IceShanty Rookie
Upper and Lower Sunshine?
« on: Feb 17, 2009, 09:26 PM »
Heading to Upper and Lower Sunshine this weekend. Any reports from either lake? Which one is the best choice???
Expecting good ice and some good trout fishing. Also planning on staying in my pop-up truck camper. Is there camping areas available at either reservoir? Any information will be greatly appreciated!! If you are in the area, we are in a Beige/Gold Dodge with a Sunlite camper,  if you are in the area stop in!!!!

Thanks,

Erik  :icefish:

p.s. my wife is just updating our web page check it out!
www.emholden.com
since she is updating it check it out often.
We also have a youtube page with some good Wyoming videos and Nebrask ice fishing videos http://www.youtube.com/user/emholden
Eat, Sleep, Teach, Get Outdoors!

Offline minnowguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Upper and Lower Sunshine?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2009, 09:34 PM »
You just pull over where ever ya want to camp. Both lakes are good fishing the ice is ok just use common sense there are some bad spots as with all lakes. Got blown off the last time I was there, usally you can get out of most of the wind at the upper lake. Good luck.

Offline mallardmuncher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2009, 07:36 AM »
Lower seems to be pulling in bigger size fish this winter and some nice splake and lake trout have been pulled through the ice.  Last fall a guy pulled a 15 lb mack out of Lower.  Upper has it's good times as well but seems slower this year for some reason.  We have also noticed on lower that you don't have to be out on the ice at the crack of dawn, fish usually start biting mid morning, like 9 or so.  Ice was about 24" plus, hope you have a power auger ;)  We are trying for sauger in Yellowtail this weekend other wise I would see you out there.
Fish tremble at the sound of my name

Offline bigrod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 18, 2009, 08:59 AM »
I went to the lower lake on Sunday.  Caught nothing!!  I had maybe 4 bites and lost one.  I used everything under the sun for bait.  Saw the fish on the vexi, but they ran from me.  Another guy that supposedly goes quite often was there that day too and he only caught 2 fish.  Ice was a rock hard 16 inches or so.

Offline mallardmuncher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2009, 11:22 AM »
I went to the lower lake on Sunday.  Caught nothing!!  I had maybe 4 bites and lost one.  I used everything under the sun for bait.  Saw the fish on the vexi, but they ran from me.  Another guy that supposedly goes quite often was there that day too and he only caught 2 fish.  Ice was a rock hard 16 inches or so.

Were you dangling your worm right?  It can be hit or miss out there sometimes
Fish tremble at the sound of my name

Offline bigrod

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 18, 2009, 01:36 PM »
I have no idea why they wouldn't bite.  I have never had it like that before.  I have had a few slow days there over the years, but nothing like that.  I should have got the hint when I pulled up to the lake and hardly anyone was out there fishing.

Offline duckman111

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 18, 2009, 05:52 PM »
i normally catch bigger fish in the lower just have do be a little more patient and using a larger bait than i do in the upper works for me most of the time.checked out some of your hunting vids emholdem always enjoy hearing those elk cutup.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.