New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: the king?  (Read 603 times)

Offline Brower07

• Team IceShanty Regular
the king?
« on: Feb 17, 2009, 11:03 AM »
ive been wanting to fish "the king" for awhile now. unfortunatly i have never had the privilege to wet a line in this lake, hard or soft water. i was wondering if anyone wouldnt mind giving me directions to area the might produce some lakers? im in no way shape or form gonna steal your spot forever this is probably one of my last 3 trips out this year and ive never ice a laker, id love to get on a jig rod.
big thanks in advance  :tipup: 

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: the king?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2009, 11:24 AM »
mapquest dunhams bay (I've only fish there once- dont really know that part of the lake- but we did get lakers), pretty sure there is a huge island out there that you cant miss and will produce lakers....p.s. the nickname locals have for the king is lake george
I'm not saying they're biting on Brant.  But they probably are

Offline bassinbrian_on_ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lakers are Fun !
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2009, 11:28 AM »
There is also lots of good info on the reports/conditions board, over 30 pages of post on LG  ;)
Just passing time until spring Stripers !

Offline Wellsy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release...keep only what you need.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2009, 11:36 AM »
....p.s. the nickname locals have for the king is lake george

P.S the nickname some of us shanty members have for Lake George is the King.  :afro:
It's an annual struggle that owes tribute to I think ???.... Lake George Jeff coined the term by the best of my memory.

Offline redshanty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2009, 12:22 PM »
funny, I though it was the "King" because it was named after King George II??? Of course it's also referred to as the queen of American Lakes.  maybe it's a cross dresser???   :) :)

Offline Brower07

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2009, 03:44 PM »
okay guys, i know the details on whys its called the "king" i just put a question mark because i wasnt sure whats up with the lake fishing wise first hand. i dont need another history lesson again...lol   :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.