The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: anglers fall through ice at the gorge????  (Read 1119 times)

Offline trfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
anglers fall through ice at the gorge????
« on: Feb 16, 2009, 10:17 PM »
 :( I heard that a guy and one or two kids where on a 4 wheeler on the gorge I think it was sometime last week.  I was told that the 4 wheeler went through the ice and the anglers had to be life flighted to the hospital.   I heard that the article was in the rocks springs paper.  I was wondering if anyone knows how these anglers are doing and how to access that article in one of the rock springs papers.  This is the 4th 4 wheeler and one snowmachine that I have heard have fallin through the ice at the gorge this season. 
      Be carefull and good luck fishing.
Love to Fish and make Soft Plastic baits<br /><br />Just doesnt get any better than catching fish off your own panfish/ trout baits   from tubes, curly tails, and small baits catching fish of any species

Offline WYOICER

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Wanna Ice Fish Baby
Re: anglers fall through ice at the gorge????
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2009, 12:23 PM »
Not sure and I could be wrong but the story in the paper was from an incident that happened almost a month ago

Offline trfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2009, 06:25 PM »
 :)thanks for the info I had heard that is was a week or so ago that it happened.  You know how stories grow like fish stories sometimes.   Well anyway be carefull ice fishing this season and good luck.
Love to Fish and make Soft Plastic baits<br /><br />Just doesnt get any better than catching fish off your own panfish/ trout baits   from tubes, curly tails, and small baits catching fish of any species

Offline Icemanjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
Here fishy fishy fishy, I don't want to hurt you, I just want to catch you!

Offline trfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish On
« Reply #4 on: Feb 18, 2009, 09:09 PM »
Thanks Icemanjim for the website to that article.  I sure am glad that everyone is ok.   You never know when your angels are watching over you.  Great to see that other ice anglers stepped up and helped them out other wise the out come would have possibly been a lot worse.    I fish the gorge a lot usually but this year I went on Jan 10 at lost dog and there was about 16 inches at of ice with the top few inches starting to get rotten.  I fished all day the ice was solid because it was below freezing all day.   That was the last time that I have been down there.  thanks again

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.