Author Topic: whites landing  (Read 7230 times)

Cheapshanty

whites landing
« on: Feb 21, 2004, 05:44 PM »
If the ice goes off at whites is the lake rough?Could a guy put a 16'by70"MV with 22"sides.Would that be a safe boat? ???

Cheapshanty

Re: whites landing
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2004, 04:57 AM »
Thanks big mean,Will the perch hit after ice out?

Cheapshanty

« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2004, 03:35 PM »
keep me posted.Maybe I'll see ya their! ;)

BIG MEAN

« Reply #3 on: Mar 22, 2004, 06:52 PM »
watch for boats under RR bridge, walleyes are coming through.going up to river to spawn. :o

Offline Gator-Bait

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Hear they Taste like Chicken
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28, 2004, 06:53 AM »
Big mean gator here did remember me fished starve a couple times last year we usually beat the blue air boat out there most the time except when we had to plank over a couple of ice cracks
Pull my Finger not my Leg

stinky fingers

« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2005, 07:38 PM »
gader, just got back on line .hope ya had good summer .we had good start on ice but thats all over now. it will come back , i hope !    ???  Big mean

Offline Gator-Bait

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2005, 08:31 AM »
I know what you mean going stir crazy here ready to try and hook up with someone and head north maybe the upper PI in Michigan for walleyes. if things don't change

stinky fingers

« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2005, 09:54 PM »
yea, michigan is looking  like the place to go . my brother and i are going to wamplers lake jan 15th-16th, ice pending. and then to houghton lake 19th-23rd.
got to start makeing some calls to check on ice . just finished last of to-dos on shanty and rino (new toy).  ;D :o ;D

Offline Gator-Bait

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2005, 07:51 AM »
sounds good to me aready have my michigan lic. don't know lakes but i got to wet a line somewhere

stinky fingers

« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2005, 08:41 AM »
 :sick: :sick:it dont sound good forWamplers Lake 3-4 ,and 40s next week.i guess will see if ice team cancles tournment.  ??? >:( :-\

first mate

« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2005, 09:24 AM »
:sick: :sick:it dont sound good forWamplers Lake 3-4 ,and 40s next week.i guess will see if ice team cancles tournment.  ??? >:( :-\

hey, stinky fingers looks like we may get the cold we need for ice this weekend! we need to get that big shanty done so will be ready, I'm going dumpster divein' for more supplies later.
if we don't get the ice there is always north to michigan! :)

stinky fingers

« Reply #11 on: Jan 11, 2005, 05:40 PM »
 :thumbsup:yea going to have to work on it next couple of  days. got shipment
of wood today. its in front of big shanty. have to go get a couple swivels for seats and were ready for ice. hope that new rino dont get stuck on ice , those tires will dig through and we will sink :thumbsup: wonder what the silver fox is doing ? i have some pictures of last years trip for him to have. have to go see him.  ;D 8)

Offline biggvinn2000

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish or go home
« Reply #12 on: Jan 12, 2005, 02:57 PM »
Stinky where did ya buy your rhino at?I use to sell them in Norwalk.   They are an awsome machine.
Women love me , fish fear me!!!!!!

stinky fingers

« Reply #13 on: Jan 13, 2005, 04:26 PM »
     J&J-Huron, i have a Grizzly 660, seen Rino had to have it . sure seem nice.
  make a lot eazyer for ice fishing with 2 people & gear. need windschield. :thumbsup: :woot:

Offline biggvinn2000

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish or go home
« Reply #14 on: Jan 13, 2005, 05:45 PM »
I used to work for J&J  in Huron, and there store in Port Clinton in the summer. I live up in Port Clinton now
Women love me , fish fear me!!!!!!

first mate

« Reply #15 on: Jan 17, 2005, 10:19 PM »
hey, all you hard water nuts!  Just wanted to say the bay froze over last night,the ice is very bumpy but is looking good, maybe we can get out there next weekend just have to keep a eye on it.  if things keep up it should be good soon.  good cold nites in the future cast. see ya on the ice and keep your bait fresh!!!!

first mate

« Reply #16 on: Jan 18, 2005, 11:47 PM »
just to let you all know the ice was measured today 4 in +, talked to the guy at bayside market he has tackle and will have shiners friday, i think he has wax worms also, hope to see some of you this weekend out there. :)

first mate

« Reply #17 on: Jan 20, 2005, 10:13 AM »
2 on the ice we're fishing on the bay! ::) ::)

first mate

« Reply #18 on: Jan 21, 2005, 01:02 PM »
yesterday 4 people ended up fishing, 4-6 inches ice, 6feet water in most places, they fished the first spring and setup a shanty, the ice on the spring is 4in and the water is muddy, first fish caught and a few bites on minnow, pole and bobber. water at spring 9 feet + they fished again today but came in about noon, don't know if they caught anything today.  I will keep you all informed on what up here.

stinky fingers

« Reply #19 on: Jan 24, 2005, 10:06 PM »
http:// first mate,looks good for this week end. and you say bay side got bait? we will have to try it one nite after work. :thumbsup:

stinky fingers

« Reply #20 on: Jan 26, 2005, 06:42 PM »
the fishing is on here, 3-4 shantys out there

Offline bayman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #21 on: Jan 26, 2005, 09:52 PM »
water to muddy no good for anything but bullheads doesnt look to get any better as rivers are all still high and flowing
paul

first mate

« Reply #22 on: Jan 29, 2005, 10:04 PM »
fished the bay today, only thing caught was bullhead at the first spring and a few SMALL perch and white perch also very small.  alot of people trying to get on the bite but the reports were few.  water is still muddy (coffee w/cream) a took my camera and could only see a couple of inches.  I hope it start to clear or we'll will have to hit beaver creek or bellevue res.
good luck and keep your line wet!

stinky fingers

« Reply #23 on: Jan 29, 2005, 10:21 PM »
 :o bill dont work on sundays does he? be nice to get out and get some AIR.
sound good  ;) ;D ::)

Blue Pike

« Reply #24 on: Jan 30, 2005, 05:10 AM »
First Mate ---- If you are going to Beaver Creek Reservoir in Seneca County, be very careful.
There was open water on the east side (the boat ramp) this past week. Tuesday night it froze over.

I fished the south side yesterday the ice was 5-8 inches thick. Good clear, hard ice when you get away from the shore.

Didn’t spend a lot of time at Beaver Creek fished two hours or so and went to the Sandusky Bay.

Cheapshanty

« Reply #25 on: Jan 31, 2005, 04:48 PM »
Blue pike..How did you do at the bay? :tipup:

Blue Pike

« Reply #26 on: Jan 31, 2005, 05:16 PM »
Cheapshanty-- Caught a few dink perch about five to seven inches long.
The water is very muddy.
I did see a few nice perch caught 9 - 13 inches.

Cheapshanty

« Reply #27 on: Feb 01, 2005, 06:33 PM »
do you expect the water to clear soon?I really like them perch!!! ;D

Offline eyespyII

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Feb 01, 2005, 08:44 PM »
The water will be dirty there for at least 2 weeks.  The same thing happened last year and it took about 5 weeks to clean up. 

Blue Pike

« Reply #29 on: Feb 02, 2005, 03:04 AM »
What eyespy said. – I’ll be fishing Beaver Creek reservoir Saturday. More than likely I I will hit the bay on Sunday if B/C does not pan out.
I’ll let you know if the fish are hitting at the bay, if I go.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.