The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Any ideas for Boysen ling??  (Read 777 times)

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
Any ideas for Boysen ling??
« on: Feb 13, 2009, 06:21 PM »
  Got some minnows to kill ;D   Seems that this is about the time that people have hit the ling good above the dam.
  I was thinking......east side couple-3 hundred yards south from the dam, squeeze by the phone pole spot. What do you guys think?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

alright......laters
5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
Blue-toppin.........and lip-rippin
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline bbkyle35

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Any ideas for Boysen ling??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2009, 06:32 PM »
I've done decent there, they should be spawning now, could be a blue ribbon day.
Activly studying to manage your Wyoming waters

Offline emholden

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2009, 09:20 PM »
Good luck on those ling! Pound them hard, saves more perch for me!!!

emholden ;D
Eat, Sleep, Teach, Get Outdoors!

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2009, 09:22 PM »
My biggest ling ever came between the marina and the boat ramp, many years ago. It was 14lbs. I have found big rock piles are were these fish hang out. They may not be eating but killing minnows to protect their eggs.  So if you have flags tripped and a minnow with now sacales and dead you have been linged.. These fish will lay at or around the big rocks that may be 8 feet at the top and 14 to 20 plus at the base.  They will try and rap you up in rocks or other crap if they get a chance.  Good luck  
olefish

Offline bbkyle35

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 15, 2009, 01:20 AM »
My biggest ling ever came between the marina and the boat ramp, many years ago. It was 14lbs. I have found big rock piles are were these fish hang out. They may not be eating but killing minnows to protect their eggs.  So if you have flags tripped and a minnow with now sacales and dead you have been linged.. These fish will lay at or around the big rocks that may be 8 feet at the top and 14 to 20 plus at the base.  They will try and rap you up in rocks or other crap if they get a chance.  Good luck  

exactly! i haven't got one anywhere near that big, but rocks are the key. they like to hide in holes during the day and feed way shallow during the night. the rocky shore of the lake were the key for me last year, but this year i have only caught 3 ling, and the biggest was only like 3 pounds
Activly studying to manage your Wyoming waters

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.