Author Topic: Firefighters rescue dog on ice  (Read 579 times)

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Firefighters rescue dog on ice
« on: Feb 07, 2009, 09:09 AM »
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/02/07/ma.dog.rescue.whdh

Hats off to these fireman but why do people let their dogs roam free and get into this kind of trouble? Yes, sometimes they get loose unintentionally and take off but when this has happened to me I'm right after the dog. There are so many people out there that just don't care. I'm in the process of training my new one all kinds of commands of which stay is one of them, but the idiots that have no control over their dogs and don't care burn me up. 

I have a neighbor a few houses down that lets his dog roam and they live RIGHT ON a busy highway. It's just a matter of time before the dog gets hit.

Until my dog is trained to listen better she stays on a leash and I take her out at least 3 times a day many times more. It's a pain but I care too much about my new dog to have her hit on the highway.

I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline Buck762

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
Re: Firefighters rescue dog on ice
« Reply #1 on: Feb 07, 2009, 11:09 AM »
I have a beagle, and he's pretty well trained. occasionaly though he will take off after a squirrel, dog, or nieghbor, and im immediatly out the door trying to catch him. you can never let them roam free unless you can keep a good eye on them

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Feb 07, 2009, 11:34 AM »
 it because people  don't take responcablity! and not even if the dog gets hurt what about people scared of dogs that are walking? or if the dog bites or chases a kid out in that road! always the same answer "my dog don't bite" ya well everyone says it till they do!
                                                                                                                             trap

Offline Buck762

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2009, 08:44 PM »
I might be the only guy to ever tell people my dog bites!!  He loves to nip at yer a$$

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.