The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: ICE 55  (Read 711 times)

Offline PAT93

• IceShanty Rookie
ICE 55
« on: Feb 05, 2009, 09:55 AM »
I did all the research I thought was possible befor buying my first flasher. Bought the ice 55 and it worked great for the week I used it in Devil's lake. Fired it up a Boysen and it sounded like it was full of BB's.  Of course I had taken great care of the almost 500.00 unit.  Come to find out this has happened on several of their units.  I went to town and bought the Marcum LX-5 and WOW...... what a machine.

Offline augergas

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ICE 55
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2009, 10:37 AM »
My 35 was makiing a bunch of noise, after a phone call and 4 days I had a new one. Great service. Come to find out, the way the plastic base sits on the ice, it makes it rattel. You have to set it on a pad of some sorts.

Offline PAT93

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2009, 02:01 PM »
My 35 was makiing a bunch of noise, after a phone call and 4 days I had a new one. Great service. Come to find out, the way the plastic base sits on the ice, it makes it rattel. You have to set it on a pad of some sorts.

It actually had loose parts in it and would not read anything.     It does have nice features but i am very impressed with the target separation of the Marcum that the 55 did not have

Offline warrior1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2009, 05:30 PM »
Why have a hamberger when steak is the same price. Go Marcum

Offline bohman77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 05, 2009, 07:29 PM »
It actually had loose parts in it and would not read anything.     It does have nice features but i am very impressed with the target separation of the Marcum that the 55 did not have

Never had any problems with the vex. No loose parts or anything :laugh: He Pat send me another IM with your  number, I accidental erased it from my phone.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.