Author Topic: vexilar advice  (Read 673 times)

Offline deerme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
vexilar advice
« on: Feb 03, 2009, 09:58 AM »
i'm looking to purchase a flasher and was wondering if anyone could help me justify spending the extra money on the latest model (possibly $200 more) instead of getting something like the FL-8se.  are the FL-18 and 20 flashers that much better? 

Offline cSpike

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: vexilar advice
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2009, 11:17 AM »
i'm looking to purchase a flasher and was wondering if anyone could help me justify spending the extra money on the latest model (possibly $200 more) instead of getting something like the FL-8se.  are the FL-18 and 20 flashers that much better? 

They zoom the bottom and that is better. if your targeting suspended fish not such a big deal.

Spike
Traps? Who needs traps? I have a jig rod and a Vexilar!
gallery

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
Re: vexilar advice
« Reply #2 on: Feb 03, 2009, 11:25 AM »
I have the FL8-SE. I like it.

The newer ones have some built in features above and beyond the FL8-SE. For example when fishing in real shallow water, you need to add on what they call an "S" cable to the FL8-SE. That "S" acts as power reducer that is needed to get a clear picture. Even when the gain is down all the way, the unit will produce too much power and the picture will cluttered. With the newer versions, that "S" cable is built into the unit so that you don't have to purchase one.

I don't have any issuses with mine. It suits me well. I don't use a flasher in shallow water. I target rainbows. When you're in 2-10 F.O.W, you don't really need a flasher.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.