Author Topic: X67C Battery charger  (Read 961 times)

Offline wile.e.1

• Team IceShanty Regular
X67C Battery charger
« on: Feb 02, 2009, 02:55 PM »
Wanted to top off the charge on my ice machine battery after using last week and being pretty tired connected the charger with reversed polarity.  Saw a nice little flash of sparks and the charger stopped working. Looked on line for a replacement...no luck. Called Lowrance and after waiting on hold was told I could buy a "kit" that consisted of a new charger , transducer and carrying bag. All for only 170 bucks or so...Yeah right. So I took the unit apart and found a fusible link inside and figured that was it. Tested with a meter and found fuse was good. I then noticed a fried component. Turned out to be a diode.. Soldered in a new one  and it works fine.  turned out to be about a 20 cent fix. Just thought I would post this just in case somebody else makes such a bonehead move like I did. I know there are other chargers you could buy that would work, but why bother ? It's an easy fix. 
Remember those that served..All gave some...Some gave All

Offline trouter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: X67C Battery charger
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2009, 03:35 PM »
You can purchase the battery and charger at gander mountain for about 24 bucks. That is if there is any left.Can also purchase just the battery. Same at cabelas. Happy fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.