Author Topic: The Moore Dam/ Parking???????????????  (Read 2128 times)

Offline Imissedem

• Team IceShanty Addict
The Moore Dam/ Parking???????????????
« on: Jan 31, 2009, 05:54 AM »
Going to be heading up to Winni for the tourney but going up thurs.and staying up in Bethlehem for first night.There is a group of us that want to fish the Moore Dam but are worried about the parking.Dont want to drive all the way for nothing.Any info would be helpful.Thanks JOHN.

Offline Imissedem

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: The Moore Dam/ Parking???????????????
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2009, 11:51 AM »
Somebody must fish the place................

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2009, 12:10 PM »
I dont know the place but i do know they used to have a derby there so there must be parking somewhere. maybe try google earth and look at it from a birds view.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2009, 02:46 PM »
i have never fished it, but can be brutal to find fish......if you are looking for action.......bass etc........go to forest lake or burns pond in whitefield........if you are on the hunt for pike at moore dam good luck......
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline BigG3206

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2009, 09:12 PM »
i have never fished it, but can be brutal to find fish......if you are looking for action.......bass etc........go to forest lake or burns pond in whitefield........if you are on the hunt for pike at moore dam good luck......

Have you fished Burns or Forest lately?  These two are on my list of ponds to revisit from my younger days.  Used to fish these two alot along with Martin Meadow.

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work!!

Offline loomis 1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2009, 02:50 AM »
Going to be heading up to Winni for the tourney but going up thurs.and staying up in Bethlehem for first night.There is a group of us that want to fish the Moore Dam but are worried about the parking.Dont want to drive all the way for nothing.Any info would be helpful.Thanks JOHN.

there is a parking lot right off 93 and other spots to along the backside in vermont knockeys landing. perkins cove etc.

Offline Imissedem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2009, 06:15 AM »

there is a parking lot right off 93 and other spots to along the backside in vermont knockeys landing. perkins cove etc.
Loomis do you think any of them get plowed?That is our only worry after driving that far..Thanks for all the help everyone.John......... ....

Offline bluefingah

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2009, 09:16 AM »
Finally someone with a question i can answer definitively.
  Parking is not an issue at moore dam.  I have lived in littleton my whole life and know the area well, Parking spots are as follows, i will give the road names so you can just get directions from one of the map sites:  Nockys landing is at the end of the Old Waterford Rd. Littleton,  there's a landing at the end of Hilltop Rd. Littleton.  there is parking across from the junction of Partridge Lake Rd. and Rt 18,    More parking a mile further on RT.18 at the dam itself.  All of these spots are plowed out.
Be very careful getting on and off the ice. The water levels change so much that the edge keeps getting busted up and refreezing but once away from the bank there is plenty of ice.
If you have a sled or are willing to walk i could point you towards a couple of spots that might be more productive fish-wise than those mentioned above. On the other hand if they stocked tagged trout it was almost certainly from one of those landings.
Good luck BD

Offline bluefingah

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2009, 09:33 AM »
Ahh, I should read more carefully. if you just want to fish the Bethlehem area pre-tourney there are far better places to go than moore dam.  That is unless you want to catch the next state record northern, then the dam is a good bet.  I would agree that Burns and Forest are both productive warm water fisheries with Forest being my preference for ice fishing. I've been out there twice this year and caught a mixed bag of perch, pick, and bass at one point had four flags go off at once (no #$%^) and didn't stop running around 'til the bait was gone.  I also like the chain of ponds starting with Partridge Lake and ending with Ogontz there are big pike and smallmouth throughout and Ogontz has some good browns. If you want more specific info I'll be happy to help you out. BD

Offline Imissedem

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2009, 12:30 PM »
Ahh, I should read more carefully. if you just want to fish the Bethlehem area pre-tourney there are far better places to go than moore dam.  That is unless you want to catch the next state record northern, then the dam is a good bet.  I would agree that Burns and Forest are both productive warm water fisheries with Forest being my preference for ice fishing. I've been out there twice this year and caught a mixed bag of perch, pick, and bass at one point had four flags go off at once (no #$%^) and didn't stop running around 'til the bait was gone.  I also like the chain of ponds starting with Partridge Lake and ending with Ogontz there are big pike and smallmouth throughout and Ogontz has some good browns. If you want more specific info I'll be happy to help you out. BD
Thanks for the help/I will relay the info to my buddies and let you know for sure if we are gonna be there on Fri./Locations would be great /never fished it.............

Offline Bean town Boy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 01, 2009, 12:41 PM »

bluefingah Im interested in the pike and browns would like to catch my first in both would like to Know a little more about locations you mentioned for later trips out

Offline bluefingah

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 01, 2009, 04:25 PM »
Hey BTB if I wanted to spend a day fishing up here for browns and northerns i would hit Ogontz lake for trout or drive up the road to Dodge pond for the pike. Ogontz does have pike but they seem to bite better at Dodge. These ponds are on the Lyman rd. in either Lisbon or Lyman the town line is right around there somewhere. Both of these lakes have excellent jigging for yellow perch if you can find them feeding you can often fill a limit in a couple minutes.  Let me know if you come up and how you do. BD

Offline loomis 1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 01, 2009, 05:45 PM »
Hey BTB if I wanted to spend a day fishing up here for browns and northerns i would hit Ogontz lake for trout or drive up the road to Dodge pond for the pike. Ogontz does have pike but they seem to bite better at Dodge. These ponds are on the Lyman rd. in either Lisbon or Lyman the town line is right around there somewhere. Both of these lakes have excellent jigging for yellow perch if you can find them feeding you can often fill a limit in a couple minutes.  Let me know if you come up and how you do. BD

blue fingah those are first class directions and tips to some great fishing.  I lived in littleton for a while and those are all productive spots. good looking out for your fellow fisherman.

Offline Bean town Boy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Feb 03, 2009, 12:52 PM »

Thanks bluefingah, I will be going to newfound this weekend but I'll see about getting up there next weekend thanks for the info bd and hows the parking? just pulloffs or pk-lots

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.