Author Topic: Volcano?  (Read 2242 times)

Offline daiek11

• IceShanty Rookie
Volcano?
« on: Jan 30, 2009, 07:29 AM »
i just heard on the news that people around Anchorage are preparing for a volcano?!

Gimme the update guys! Whats going on? How is this affecting your fishing?

Offline nathan

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Volcano?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2009, 08:51 AM »
there is no more fishing because the fish heard about the volcano and all went out to sea.  all the people of alaska have dug elaborate tunnels and gone underground.   :laugh:

kidding, the volcano is on the lesser populated side of the inlet so most people don't have to worry about anything more then some ash.

Offline Tinman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2009, 10:45 AM »
Even the threat of ash fall is pretty low. The volcano is far enough away that only a good breeze from the proper direction will cause any deviation from normal fishing. I know it isn't stopping my weekend plans.

I say the risk is low although I've been in the ash twice since moving here nearly 20 years ago. I'd love to be out flying if it does go off though. To be able to get some pics (from a safe distance) just as it blows would be awesome.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2009, 10:46 AM »
All the Alaskans are making a run for the boarder because of the threat.
Thankfully Dudley Doright and the North West Mounted Police are on the job and have put a stop to the mass exodus into Canada.
There are tent camps springing up East of Tok as a result.  ;)2
There is even talk of Hippie Drum Circles appearing here and there with the possible breakout of a Hippie Music Festival.
The State of Alaska is air lifting pizza, twinkies and green tea into the affected area.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

http://www.avo.alaska.edu/

Offline akjw7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2009, 01:28 PM »
quick put some slayer on!!! Hippies hate death metal ;D

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2009, 02:25 PM »

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2009, 02:33 PM »
Its to cold up there for us, I mean them hippies. They like wearing shorts and sandals.

PEACE OUT MAN......
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Tinman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2009, 02:59 PM »
Come on Drifter,

For years we've had to put up with you cannuks hopping the border to steal our cheese. You could at least provide refuge for a few Alaskans trying to avoid the sandy dust cloud 'o' death that seems to be just over the horizon.

Our AMERICAN cheese stocks are running low these days due to major pilfering by the cannukelheads. Please please PLEASE come up with your own national cheese and quit wheeling ours over the border. You've already got your national bacon taken care of.

Offline Hungry4Fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 30, 2009, 09:49 PM »
Even the threat of ash fall is pretty low. The volcano is far enough away that only a good breeze from the proper direction will cause any deviation from normal fishing. I know it isn't stopping my weekend plans...........

Aleutian volcanoes never stopped "my weekend plans"................

But they altered them................

I say the risk is low although I've been in the ash twice since moving here nearly 20 years ago. I'd love to be out flying if it does go off though. To be able to get some pics (from a safe distance) just as it blows would be awesome.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2009, 10:59 PM »
Come on Drifter,

For years we've had to put up with you cannuks hopping the border to steal our cheese. You could at least provide refuge for a few Alaskans trying to avoid the sandy dust cloud 'o' death that seems to be just over the horizon.

Our AMERICAN cheese stocks are running low these days due to major pilfering by the cannukelheads. Please please PLEASE come up with your own national cheese and quit wheeling ours over the border. You've already got your national bacon taken care of.

We may not know how to make a simulated cheese product from plastic, but we can brew a darn good BEER!!!!   ;D

Offline Tinman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 31, 2009, 01:49 AM »
On a quiet winter night along the northern Minnesota border you can often times hear the soft crunch of the snow as the Canadians make thier way back across the border with the giant wheels of American cheese. NAFTA be damned, we need our cheese!

p.s. Send more beer.

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 31, 2009, 11:33 AM »
Tinman you know those Hosers can't make cheese from mad cows!!  OR maybe they have?? That may explain Drifter's posts! :D  :D
TEAM ALASKA

Offline frydaddy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 31, 2009, 11:39 AM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Thanks for the laughs fellas!!!
<br />

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Jan 31, 2009, 12:06 PM »
On a quiet winter night along the northern Minnesota border you can often times hear the soft crunch of the snow as the Canadians make thier way back across the border with the giant wheels of American cheese. NAFTA be d**ned, we need our cheese!

p.s. Send more beer.

I know what you mean. In the dark of night you can hear the faint splashing of Americans stealthily swimming across the Lower Niagara to procure Molson's and Labatt products to be smuggled back into beautiful Buffalo.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

P.S. Please send more 12 year old Wisconsin Cheddar!!!!!!!! 

Offline catchumall

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • God bless the USA and Canada!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 31, 2009, 03:55 PM »
All the Alaskans are making a run for the boarder because of the threat.
Thankfully Dudley Doright and the North West Mounted Police are on the job and have put a stop to the mass exodus into Canada.
There are tent camps springing up East of Tok as a result.  ;)2
There is even talk of Hippie Drum Circles appearing here and there with the possible breakout of a Hippie Music Festival.
The State of Alaska is air lifting pizza, twinkies and green tea into the affected area.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

http://www.avo.alaska.edu/

Brother you are just too funny, you and i have got to go fishing together some day, oh and for the rest of you, what the man says is dead on true, I've seen it my self  ;)  ;D
Bob

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Jan 31, 2009, 04:44 PM »
Brother you are just too funny, you and i have got to go fishing together some day, oh and for the rest of you, what the man says is dead on true, I've seen it my self  ;)  ;D

I would love to meet up. I will be on the Kenai Peninsula for the month of September chasing bows, dollies and silvers.  ;)2
If you are on the AOD Forum there is a bunch of us nuts getting together at the Russian River CG for Fishapalooza 2009 from September 13th-27th. Personally I have plans to be there from September 7th to October 3rd.

Offline jkw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Dont Forget The Beer!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 31, 2009, 05:08 PM »
On a quiet winter night along the northern Minnesota border you can often times hear the soft crunch of the snow as the Canadians make thier way back across the border with the giant wheels of American cheese. NAFTA be d**ned, we need our cheese!

p.s. Send more beer.

NOWS THAT FUNNY!
TEAM ALASKA          :bow: Pray For Ice! :icefish:

Its better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.