Author Topic: "ERIE BOUND"  (Read 1482 times)

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
"ERIE BOUND"
« on: Jan 29, 2009, 08:46 PM »
Theres a few of us headed to Lake Erie this weekend to try and jig up some of the BIG GALS.We'll be fishing 2 days,I can see e'm whacking that #5 Jiggin Rap already,a couple days on the Big Pond and I'll be spoilt......we'll get some pics for ya all,

Jimmy

Offline coopason

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • oops missed another 1,no wait ahh FEEL it
Re: "ERIE BOUND"
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2009, 09:01 PM »
Get em Jimmy,, Good Luck

Coop
Coopason

Offline jimmycrown

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • live is good on the ice
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2009, 09:03 PM »
good luck dude!!

Offline northrn-duck-assassin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 29, 2009, 09:04 PM »
they are goin out there, im told from a source that lives there. over by the islands, be careful at catawba and crane creek. but yea you should be havin a good time out there for sure lets see some pics when you get back!!
Got one goin'!

Offline Yogi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2009, 10:23 PM »
Went out of Catawba today!! Plenty of ice! Make sure you have 4 wheel drive.  I dont think you could get through the drifts with two wheel drive.  Some people were having trouble with 4 wheel drive.  It is about impossible to walk out there now with the snow!  We went out about 3 and half miles.  Did awesome today.  Caught many 6 to 7 pound walleyes with a couple 8 thrown in.  The average of our groups fish was over 5 today.  Had fun learned a lot any questions ask me!! A lot of people out there today even with the weather!!  Yogi

Offline bigdfishen

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FISH LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW
« Reply #5 on: Jan 29, 2009, 11:47 PM »
Good luck to guys wish I could tag along .I'll be drooling  :P  and sheding a tear :'( when I see those pics. be safe and tight lines. bigD

Offline purduebass

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 30, 2009, 04:21 AM »
Go get em guys! I hope you find the big ones.  ;D
BOILER UP!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Jan 30, 2009, 04:47 AM »
Good luck guys and have a great weekend!  I guess by the way it sounds I should be saying Happy Sorting!   :) :clap: :icefish:

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 30, 2009, 05:59 AM »
Good luck guys and have a great weekend!  I guess by the way it sounds I should be saying Happy Sorting!   :) :clap: :icefish:

i will heading over there next friday. Good luck this weekend Jimmy
There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline bgriffis17

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2009, 06:06 AM »
all the best and be safe ,hope to hear all about it soon
fishing is hard can I go home now

Offline ICE T

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 30, 2009, 06:21 AM »
Hey YOGI, my son and captaincrooked are leaving in the morning,what size and color worked for you?

Offline Yogi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #11 on: Jan 30, 2009, 10:04 AM »
Size 5 pimple that was silver and green worked the best for me.  Other people in the group caught quite a few wish on the new sweedish do jigger in silver with blue in it.  That was in size 4 and size 3.  We caught a few on blue and chrome size 5 raps.  Gold and orange pimples caught a few.  Any more questions let me know.

Offline slabgill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Crappie!!!!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 30, 2009, 10:41 AM »
You better have some photos for us Jimmy...I want to see a big female 12 lb plus.....Then I might go on the next trip. :tipup:

Offline Swedish__Pimple

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 30, 2009, 10:43 AM »
Yogi,You running 6lb or 8 lb line?

Offline teardrop

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Jan 30, 2009, 01:23 PM »
Weather ya git 10+pounders or three they sure do taste good!  Good luck and like the others, wish I was going.  Teardrop 

Offline Go-Time

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 30, 2009, 03:16 PM »
Swed, I'm headed over tonight w/ sum buddies from the Fort, sounds pretty good over there, I've got a few friends that live there and they have been doing great. I use braided w/ a 8# leader tide on to it ( blood knot ) it works the best for me. GOOD LUCK and SAFE FISHING
are you going on your own or a guide ?

Offline rjflynn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Jan 30, 2009, 06:41 PM »
Good luck jimmy wish i was going.

Offline Yogi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 30, 2009, 10:03 PM »
Sweedish I caught fish on both 6 and 8 lb test.  I kinda wish I would have put on 10 fire line and used a leader.  Had a lot of trouble landing hooked fish.  They werent hitting that hard and lost many fish at the hole.  The charter captain was using 12 pound braided with a 6 pound leader.  Was getting a better hookset.  He had a lot better success on landing fish.  Good luck guys.  Talked to people today and they did very well again today. Many big fish again.  Wish I was going back this weekend.  Just to lazy to fight the zoo and load up the snowmobile!! Yogi

Offline Big Lumpy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 30, 2009, 10:15 PM »
Hey Yogi. Sounds awesome.  How far ahead of time to I have to set up a trip with Capt Mike?  reading these posts I'm thinking about calling him tomorrow for Sunday. Do you guys think there will be a problem?  Sounds like i will need to buy some pimples before I go. You guys know if anyone is using Chubby darters?  I have spent enough money on the dang things for my minnesota trips but never get to use them.   Hey if anyone if you guys are interested in going Sunday let me know.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.