Author Topic: Feb 21st Cusk Night Get Together, Sign Up  (Read 13753 times)

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
Re: Feb 21st Cusk Night Get Together, Sign Up
« Reply #60 on: Feb 18, 2009, 09:20 AM »
yeah , you supposed to, not sure how much a weekend costs or anything but the year is like 75 bucks, if you dont bring it dont worry about it cause we will try to shuttle people out

Catch A Buzz

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Feb 18, 2009, 09:24 AM »
If my sister lets my brother in law out on sat, he said he would plow us a road.

Offline 6wheels

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Feb 18, 2009, 10:20 AM »
Wow, I had to go back like four pages to find out how this whole mess started. Isn't this an ice fishing forum?

Offline Jiffy Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Feb 18, 2009, 10:26 AM »
Wow, I had to go back like four pages to find out how this whole mess started. Isn't this an ice fishing forum?

Supposed to be

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #64 on: Feb 18, 2009, 10:36 AM »
actually it didnt even start on this thread , jig this was talking smack about finless entering a perch on the board under "whats up with the winner board" thats how i got involved in the whole thing., there was another one he was rambling on about how f&g sucks and he couldent catch fish on 10 traps never mind 2 and he ended up calling james and finless jerks.

Catch A Buzz

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #65 on: Feb 18, 2009, 10:39 AM »
If my sister lets my brother in law out on sat, he said he would plow us a road.

there was a good road plowed out from when we had the derby, but looks like theres going to be alot more snow out there now, if he does go out and plow its basicly a road right down the middle of the harbor straight out to the points where it narrows, should still be some signs of an old plowed road there, just tell him to be carefull, the guy i talked to out there durring the derby said he broke his plow frame twice plowing it out. make sure he takes it slow and steady, we dont need to wide of a road either, just one lane with a turn around and parking at the end.                                   
                                       tell him thanks very much if he can  ;)

Catch A Buzz

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #66 on: Feb 18, 2009, 10:42 AM »
if you guys do bring atv's be carefull not to get stuck, looks like alot of snow up north tonight. im hopeing somebody plows out there even if its not james's brother in law cant do it, usually somebody does. hope for the best but if we have to walk we have to walk 

Catch A Buzz

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Feb 18, 2009, 10:42 AM »
Anyways, back to the get together, I will bring hotdogs,rolls,ketchup,mustard,relish.
and my brother inlaw if no one minds.

Offline Jiffy Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Feb 18, 2009, 10:44 AM »
Some retard always has to come here and try to kick the dog. Can't just talk about fishing and get along.

NEWS FLASH!!!
YOU'RE NOT GOING TO LIKE EVERYONE HERE! DON'T EXPECT TO AND YOU WILL BE MUCH HAPPIER.

and if that isn't good enough then don't come on here, or at least let the rest of us use this site for what it's intended.

I have no problem settling my grievances in private...or better yet, in person. You should try it!

I'm getting tired of having to wade through all the bulls**t just to stay in touch with what my friends are up to.

Anyway................ ......good luck out there KMB!

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #69 on: Feb 18, 2009, 10:53 AM »
thanks jiffy man, goodluck to you this weekend , james you can bring anyone you want, food sounds good to, should be a good time, i fish this spot every year for cusk its my little honey hole, hopefully everybody respects that. that is all i ask, anyway i caught around a 5 pounder here last year and this year the guy next to our cusk lines durring the derby caught one just over 7 pounds and got 1st on sundays board. you always  get a bunch of little guys here and there but the bigger ones move in occasionaly also , its also a good spot for small lakers right around the min length usually just over.

so on that note we should catch some fish, and have a good time., i dont know if im going to have a lantern yet or not but i will have a firepit, my portable, and probly some food, if you guys have lanterns bring em on out.

thanks guys  ;D

dont forget a couple tip ups and maybe a jig rod with your cusk lines

Catch A Buzz

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #70 on: Feb 18, 2009, 10:57 AM »
sorry about the fighting guys, i just dont appreciate people talking crap to me or my family  :-X

Catch A Buzz

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Feb 18, 2009, 11:02 AM »
I will bring a lantern, or two if i can find a place that sells replacement generators for old colemans. but one for sure.

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #72 on: Feb 18, 2009, 11:28 AM »
thanks james,

Any of you new guys or maine guys have questions on setting cusk lines or any other rules/laws give me a pm and ill help you out the best i can

Catch A Buzz

Offline misterharry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Feb 18, 2009, 03:27 PM »
Seems like cusk are the only fish I can catch through the ice.  BOMB chowder.  I'm on board.  Whats the ice like out of there?  No sled or quad for me.  I'm 150 or bust.  I hang around Alton Bay, it was safe enough last weekend.  Don't want to be the guy that goes through.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #74 on: Feb 18, 2009, 03:46 PM »
Seems like cusk are the only fish I can catch through the ice.  BOMB chowder.  I'm on board.  Whats the ice like out of there?  No sled or quad for me.  I'm 150 or bust.  I hang around Alton Bay, it was safe enough last weekend.  Don't want to be the guy that goes through.
guy there has to be two feet of ice out there.....it will be safe till april
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline misterharry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #75 on: Feb 18, 2009, 03:56 PM »
Sweet.  I'll put you in my will.  I have lantern, large Jiffy, 2 burner suitcase coleman, functional 6 gal bait station (thanks for advice Jibbs).  I'm there.  Will probably bring Brats and Kraut,... maybe a spicy soldier-bean and pork shank cassoulet.  Cheers. 

Offline Maka

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Maximum Fish Extraction Please...
« Reply #76 on: Feb 18, 2009, 03:56 PM »
I've purchased a combination of new and used cusk lines at a cheap price from Beadles over here in Shapleigh, so I should be set there (I hope), probably should have just made them but I was running out of time... 1 oz or more weights, I was told grade stakes would be a good idea to mark holes for sleds, and I have plenty of those... anything else I should remember?

I'm actually heading down that way tomorrow night (Thursday) after work, looking forward to a night, long 3-day weekend.

thanks james,

Any of you new guys or maine guys have questions on setting cusk lines or any other rules/laws give me a pm and ill help you out the best i can

Offline misterharry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Feb 18, 2009, 04:05 PM »
guy there has to be two feet of ice out there.....it will be safe till april
I mean Ford 150.  Me, I go about 210, lol.  I'm happy driving on 18 inches, just don't know what that part of lake is like right now.  24 is great.  Access/ramp is cool?  No springs or notorious soft-spots?  My parents are still alive & it would seem the ultimate karmic joke for me to die Ice fishing.

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #78 on: Feb 18, 2009, 05:15 PM »
I've purchased a combination of new and used cusk lines at a cheap price from Beadles over here in Shapleigh, so I should be set there (I hope), probably should have just made them but I was running out of time... 1 oz or more weights, I was told grade stakes would be a good idea to mark holes for sleds, and I have plenty of those... anything else I should remember?

I'm actually heading down that way tomorrow night (Thursday) after work, looking forward to a night, long 3-day weekend.

they have to be over 1 ounce , use 1 1/4 's , and the hook has to be within 6 inches of the weight and set right on the bottom , see ya there

Catch A Buzz

Offline rob-s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Feb 18, 2009, 05:33 PM »
cusk lines must have your name and address on them

Offline hardwaterlove

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #80 on: Feb 18, 2009, 05:51 PM »
What time are you guys meeting up, and how far out are you going?
I'm an Alton native, can't wait to check this out - haven't seen nary a fish in the bay this year - Caught a couple perch and heard a few stories, only cusk I got was about 14" - Maybe I can learn somethin about jigging for cusk -

Offline pickeral boy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Feb 18, 2009, 05:56 PM »
Jibbs I hope your cusk lines  are ready!

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
« Reply #82 on: Feb 18, 2009, 06:18 PM »
Jibbs if you boy are going to be there I might come buy to say Hi ART

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
« Reply #83 on: Feb 18, 2009, 06:23 PM »
    come on by art .....its all about meeting new and old members .fishing is the secondary issue your more than welcome !!!!!
                              finless

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Feb 18, 2009, 07:22 PM »
sounds good art.......i think salmon seeker and i are going to take a ride over on our quads.....it all depends on how much snow they get on the ice tonight
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Feb 18, 2009, 08:06 PM »
What time are you guys meeting up, and how far out are you going?
I'm an Alton native, can't wait to check this out - haven't seen nary a fish in the bay this year - Caught a couple perch and heard a few stories, only cusk I got was about 14" - Maybe I can learn somethin about jigging for cusk -

hardwaterlove,Welcome to the shanty. I think there will be people from here fishing throughout the day, but the majority of us will be out late afternoon - early evening.
james

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #86 on: Feb 19, 2009, 04:01 PM »
looking like snow late saturday into sunday, there not saying how much yet ,its been changeing by the day, but being a on-call plow guy i gotta talk the boss into letting me come in around 7-8 am hopefully.just so i can get some sleep.  ;) might be good fishing to just before the storm.

Catch A Buzz

Offline KissMyBassNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • KissMyTroutNH ?
« Reply #87 on: Feb 19, 2009, 04:01 PM »
looks like im not going to be able to make the pluggs derby finless  :(

Catch A Buzz

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
« Reply #88 on: Feb 19, 2009, 05:24 PM »
well that stinks man !!!i guess i'll havta fish a lil harder to pick up your slack lol ..thats ok maybe next year rich ..

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Feb 19, 2009, 06:23 PM »
looking like snow late saturday into sunday, there not saying how much yet ,its been changeing by the day, but being a on-call plow guy i gotta talk the boss into letting me come in around 7-8 am hopefully.just so i can get some sleep.  ;) might be good fishing to just before the storm.
i heard only 2 to 4

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.